Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 6th Grade State Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The sixth grade state tournament will be played Jan 25 -27th. The Friday games and brackets for Saturday are at http://www.playkba.com. A few teams from the 14th, 15th and 16th regions will be there.

Central Elem. (Johnson)
Salyersville (Magoffin)
Hazard
Rose Hill
Team Elliott
Betsy Layne

Central plays Rose Hill on Friday night. Central has defeated Salyersville, Team Elliott, Betsy Layne and won 3 out of 4 versus Hazard. They have not played Rose Hill before.

I think they could make a good run with a little luck.
besty layne is out of it because they had to play in the flody country tourment
How do you get in that tourny?
you got to be in that country
bob-cats Wrote:you got to be in that country

Country, or county? Only one 6th grade team in Martin Co. Do you have to be invited or is there a playoff system?
slingblade93 Wrote:Country, or county? Only one 6th grade team in Martin Co. Do you have to be invited or is there a playoff system?

You just have to register. I believe registration has passed. I am not sure who you need to contact. You might find contact info on playkba.com
Slingblade,

I sent you a private message if you want to contact me. I think I can help you can get in.
hey if anyone is look ing for some game again bl tell me now lol
bob-cats Wrote:hey if anyone is look ing for some game again bl tell me now lol

We (Central) can play tonight if you want. If not, we can play after next week.
not to night maybe next
Scared?
Anyway, people might want to keep up with this tourney. The teams from Hazard and JC both should have legitimate shots at going FAR in this tourney. 2 outstanding teams. Best of luck to all the area teams taking part this weekend.
They are undefeated I believe! Their 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teams are undefeated in their conference (Salt River). I think their 7th grade team has a good chance to play in the finals, as does their 6th grade team! Good luck to all!Wink
Result from the first round "play-in" games tonite, Central Elem from Johnson Co defeated Rose Hill 63-23. Last update I had, Salyersville Elem and Hazard (who I believe could be a major player) were both trailing by a few points late in their games. Tonite's games have no impact on the actual tourney results, only help determine the matchups for tomorrow morning's first session of bracket play. As Cart Man stated, info and results can be found at www.playkba.com
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Result from the first round "play-in" games tonite, Central Elem from Johnson Co defeated Rose Hill 63-23. Last update I had, Salyersville Elem and Hazard (who I believe could be a major player) were both trailing by a few points late in their games. Tonite's games have no impact on the actual tourney results, only help determine the matchups for tomorrow morning's first session of bracket play. As Cart Man stated, info and results can be found at www.playkba.com

Hope Central does not get anyone hurt before next weeks county tournament. Good luck Eagles. Are they playing in the Catholic division?
THOMCAT Wrote:Hope Central does not get anyone hurt before next weeks county tournament. Good luck Eagles. Are they playing in the Catholic division?
Man, you had me on that one for a minute. :o I was even on my way to double-check and make sure there wasn't specific divisions of the bracket, then as it was loading, I realized what ya were saying.:moon:

Central Elem will play tomor at 1:30 in their first Elim game, then hopefully again later in the evening. Good luck guys, and to each of the area teams.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Result from the first round "play-in" games tonite, Central Elem from Johnson Co defeated Rose Hill 63-23. Last update I had, Salyersville Elem and Hazard (who I believe could be a major player) were both trailing by a few points late in their games. Tonite's games have no impact on the actual tourney results, only help determine the matchups for tomorrow morning's first session of bracket play. As Cart Man stated, info and results can be found at www.playkba.com

Saturday's results thus far have Central Elem (Johnson Co) fighting back after trailing by as many as 10 points, to advance with a 61-53 victory over Wayne County. A side note for this game, Central 6th grader Shane Hall tied the middle school state tournament record with 38 points in this game. Congratulations big guy and great work by the whole team. At 4 pm, Central Elem will play a tough Lincoln Co team, which bigtimeUKfan79 told us about in an earlier post, with a spot in the Final Four to the winner.
Hazard bounced back from the loss last nite to defeat West Jessamine this morning, only to be facing one of the tourney favorites, Sayre, as I speak. Sayre was holding to about a 12 point lead last update I had.
Salyersville Elem was eliminated this morning, as they lost by a score of 68-40 to the Wayne Co team that played Central Elem in the 1pm game mentioned earlier.
Rose Hill and Team Elliott were currently in a tight battle in a 2:45 tipoff, after both teams advanced with wins in the morning session.
Best of luck to the remaining teams and congratulations to all teams for good showings against some of the best the state has to offer in 6th grade hoops.
The top half of the Final Four bracket is set, with Central Elem defeating Lincoln Co, to advance on to the State Semi-Finals vs Clinton Co, who defeated Conner this afternoon to advance. The bottom half is still to be determined this evening. Semi-Final action will begin Sunday morning at 10 am on opposite courts, with the State Championship game slated for a 12 noon start tomorrow afternoon. Get some rest and be ready for a great game tomorrow. Great job and Good luck guys.
Good luck to Central. Here is a link (which hasn't been completely updated) to the tournament:

http://www.playkba.com/086thstate.htm
Central Elem was defeated this morning in the State Semi's by Clinton Co, who advanced to take on tourney favorite Sayre in the State Championship game. Central Elem opened up the game with a 7-0 run, but couldn't overcome cold shooting and great team defense by Clinton Co the rest of the way. Central players selected to the All-Tournament team were Shane Hall, Seaton Hall, and Braxton Blair. Congratulations to the whole team and staff for an outstanding performance all weekend, and to all of the area teams taking part in this year's tourney.
Good showing Central.
Great job Little Eagles!
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Central Elem was defeated this morning in the State Semi's by Clinton Co, who advanced to take on tourney favorite Sayre in the State Championship game. Central Elem opened up the game with a 7-0 run, but couldn't overcome cold shooting and great team defense by Clinton Co the rest of the way. Central players selected to the All-Tournament team were Shane Hall, Seaton Hall, and Braxton Blair. Congratulations to the whole team and staff for an outstanding performance all weekend, and to all of the area teams taking part in this year's tourney.
Congrats on a great showing!!!!
Where did this kids parents go to college? LOL
The Guru Wrote:Congrats on a great showing!!!!
Where did this kids parents go to college? LOL

Morehead State via Berea CollegeSmile
bob-cats Wrote:hey if anyone is look ing for some game again bl tell me now lol

When you want to play that game?
JBS Would be there too if we had a sixth grade team :wenumber1