Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Litkenhous ratings 1-21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone looked at the rating if not please look at them and look for the problem that i found in them. It is pretty funny if you ask me.

Litkenhous Ratings
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Has anyone looked at the rating if not please look at them and look for the problem that i found in them. It is pretty funny if you ask me.

Litkenhous Ratings
Just looked; not sure what's so funny.
i think powell has proven they should be the #3 spot in the 14th region
The Lit isn't showing much love for Pike Central who defeated Montgomery County.
what i was referring to is this is how stupid these rankings are. When you look at the top 20 in the state there is one team who has a losing record and then one team that is 7-7 and two teams barely breaking .500 on the season thus far. But yet a team like Pike Central who is 15 and 2 and has a solid win over Montgomery as well who only has one loss to a Kentucky team and is not even close to being in that top 20. Makes me sick to be honest.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:what i was referring to is this is how stupid these rankings are. When you look at the top 20 in the state there is one team who has a losing record and then one team that is 7-7 and two teams barely breaking .500 on the season thus far. But yet a team like Pike Central who is 15 and 2 and has a solid win over Montgomery as well who only has one loss to a Kentucky team and is not even close to being in that top 20. Makes me sick to be honest.

We hear this on this site year in and year out. It is based mostly on strength of schedule. Until PCC plays about ten of the top 25 teams they will not be ranked. You have to play top competition every night like those teams do. Of coarse most of those teams are going to have weak records due to the competition they play. Rowan County isn't ranked either. Did they just beat PCC?:Thumbs:
hootie Wrote:We hear this on this site year in and year out. It is based mostly on strength of schedule. Until PCC plays about ten of the top 25 teams they will not be ranked. You have to play top competition every night like those teams do. Of coarse most of those teams are going to have weak records due to the competition they play. Rowan County isn't ranked either. Did they just beat PCC?:Thumbs:
This is not always true. Look at the boy's rankings. Elliot is ranked what?? 5th. And they have not played a very tough schedule. Not sure if they have even played a top 15 team.
Most rankings are about where you play and not how good you are.
These rankings mean nothing, they're so bias toward metro area teams that its not even worth looking at, it does not in any way judge how good of a basketball team you are.
mcfan1 Wrote:These rankings mean nothing, they're so bias toward metro area teams that its not even worth looking at, it does not in any way judge how good of a basketball team you are.

I agree with MCfan1. Rankings mean NOTHING. There is no seeding when it comes to the regional tourney or diddle and that is the ultimate goal.
I just hate it how this area gets looked down on such much and never gets any praise. Honestly if one of our teams was to win a state tournament, the up state media would be like it was rigged or something.
I agree with you in that it doesn't seem fair, although the argument about strength of schedule does make sense. Anyway, in the whole big scheme of things, does it really matter if they are ranked or not? (PC I mean).

They are good; they're playing well right now. If they continue to play well, they might make it to Diddle. (I'm hoping that a certain other team goes, but that's beside the point) Until someone in this region beats PC, they are the favored team, and I think we all understand that.

They, nor their fans, need to get caught up in the hype of rankings, and then get on here and constantly complain about it. It makes the 15th look bad when we continuously whine. Win the region, and then go to state and get them (the rest of the state) where it counts - on the floor.