Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What Punishment is Fitting for a Coach who Threatens a Player?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please do not use any names of coachs or players or schools. Just a theoretical question. Let's not bash anyone on here. This thread will be watched closely and I would like many opinions on a suitable punishment.
I believe if a coach threatens a player with any form of assault or danger he should be charged criminally and if it is proven that coach should be banned for lifetime form anything to do with minors in a coaching/teaching capacity.
Take him or her to court.
Yup..only way to handle it! Court!
A coach has no right to threaten any kid.
If a adult threatens a kid, wouldnt that be a criminal offense? I dont think it should matter if it is a coach or just a regular joe off the street. But if it is a coach, then the coach should be banned from any school related event at their school and any other school event where minors are going to be present. But on the other hand, if a adult threatened my kid, I think that parent would rather be in caught and in the courts than face me.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Please do not use any names of coachs or players or schools. Just a theoretical question. Let's not bash anyone on here. This thread will be watched closely and I would like many opinions on a suitable punishment.
I believe if a coach threatens a player with any form of assault or danger he should be charged criminally and if it is proven that coach should be banned for lifetime form anything to do with minors in a coaching/teaching capacity.
:thumpsup: I agree with you 100%!!
Please note that any derogatory statements that are posted within this thread will be deleted. Keep it on topic, keep it civil or it will be CLOSED.
I think anytime a coach, assistant coach or any member of the coaching staff threatens a player they should not be allowed to attend any more games or participate in any form or fashion with any team. I feel this type of behavior would be greatly decreased if coaches & staff were held accountable for any negative behavior exhibited at a game. Minor unpunished negative behavior leads to greater negative behavior, making the offender feel he is above reproach or punishment - thus leading to threatening & possiblely physical acts.
EKY Sportster Wrote::thumpsup: I agree with you 100%!!

i disagree
what made you wanna start a thread based on a subject like this?
I got the answer.... Just send ole Daddy to have a little chat about it, in private. That helps.
A coach(an adult) threatening a player is illegal activity and discussion of illegal activity on the site is a rule violation, whether names are mentioned or not....Therefore, this thread is closed.