Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KCC 65- Powell 61 OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Powell fought hard but came short at the end. I think this proves that powell is able to compete in the 14th this yr......powells starting sg shelby barnett did not play due to a acl injury....congrats kcc and keep it up powell
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Powell fought hard but came short at the end. I think this proves that powell is able to compete in the 14th this yr......powells starting sg shelby barnett did not play due to a acl injury....congrats kcc and keep it up powell

This was possibly the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed. I am happy KCC won. I support KCC, even with the win I must say the calls were outrageous. Powell County had to have doubled the total amount of free throws KCC shot all night. It seemed like every trip down the floor they were on the line. This was also one the roughest girls games I have witnessed as well. I would like to know when it became illegal to post up? I know the first thing that is going to come out of someones mouth is your just mad cause you just about lost. No I am not mad but I must say Powell County plays the "dirtiest" basketball I have ever seen. I saw on play were there was a loose ball and a girl from Powell and KCC went for it. The ball went out of bounds and the girl from Powell turns around punches the girl from KCC in the back of the head. The ref looks at her and says nice hustle. But congratulations KCC on the win. This time they didn't attempt to cheat as bad to win. Good luck against P-Burg on Monday Lady Pats.
and_1 Wrote:This was possibly the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed. I am happy KCC won. I support KCC, even with the win I must say the calls were outrageous. Powell County had to have doubled the total amount of free throws KCC shot all night. It seemed like every trip down the floor they were on the line. This was also one the roughest girls games I have witnessed as well. I would like to know when it became illegal to post up? I know the first thing that is going to come out of someones mouth is your just mad cause you just about lost. No I am not mad but I must say Powell County plays the "dirtiest" basketball I have ever seen. I saw on play were there was a loose ball and a girl from Powell and KCC went for it. The ball went out of bounds and the girl from Powell turns around punches the girl from KCC in the back of the head. The ref looks at her and says nice hustle. But congratulations KCC on the win. This time they didn't attempt to cheat as bad to win. Good luck against P-Burg on Monday Lady Pats.

I have to say u are completely crazy.....no one was punched and the posting up calls was called because kcc players was def not posting up they was pushing.....the fouls was not that uneven...i think it was a very good officiated game......u want to talk about dirty playing???kcc just put # 23 in for that....to start stuff that was not needed...every time she came in she fouled a powell co player harder than what it should have been.....u won in a close game and ur juss mad bcuz ppl are realizing that powell co can play this year
and_1 Wrote:This was possibly the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed. I am happy KCC won. I support KCC, even with the win I must say the calls were outrageous. Powell County had to have doubled the total amount of free throws KCC shot all night. It seemed like every trip down the floor they were on the line. This was also one the roughest girls games I have witnessed as well. I would like to know when it became illegal to post up? I know the first thing that is going to come out of someones mouth is your just mad cause you just about lost. No I am not mad but I must say Powell County plays the "dirtiest" basketball I have ever seen. I saw on play were there was a loose ball and a girl from Powell and KCC went for it. The ball went out of bounds and the girl from Powell turns around punches the girl from KCC in the back of the head. The ref looks at her and says nice hustle. But congratulations KCC on the win. This time they didn't attempt to cheat as bad to win. Good luck against P-Burg on Monday Lady Pats.

I agree with you. It was pretty sad.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I have to say u are completely crazy.....no one was punched and the posting up calls was called because kcc players was def not posting up they was pushing.....the fouls was not that uneven...i think it was a very good officiated game......u want to talk about dirty playing???kcc just put # 23 in for that....to start stuff that was not needed...every time she came in she fouled a powell co player harder than what it should have been.....u won in a close game and ur juss mad bcuz ppl are realizing that powell co can play this year

Is there was someone punched. Kendra Thomas was punched by the number 12, I think her name is Stevie Rogers. The only one that should have been called for a foul was Shandra Thomas, yes she did push, but as for Kendra Thomas being fouled out because of that never happened. She simply was posting up her hands weren't even on the girl guarding her. And as for 23 she came in and did what she was told to do, block shots.. Maybe the JV game she tried starting stuff. And if they got fouled so its not like they weren't murdering the KCC girls on the other end anyways. I know Powell County is good. I never said they weren't. All I ever said was they play dirty, real dirty. I am proud of KCC for keeping their heads on and not trying to fight back.
and_1 Wrote:Is there was someone punched. Kendra Thomas was punched by the number 12, I think her name is Stevie Rogers. The only one that should have been called for a foul was Shandra Thomas, yes she did push, but as for Kendra Thomas being fouled out because of that never happened. She simply was posting up her hands weren't even on the girl guarding her. And as for 23 she came in and did what she was told to do, block shots.. Maybe the JV game she tried starting stuff. And if they got fouled so its not like they weren't murdering the KCC girls on the other end anyways. I know Powell County is good. I never said they weren't. All I ever said was they play dirty, real dirty. I am proud of KCC for keeping their heads on and not trying to fight back.

Correct again. How many KCC players fouled out?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Correct again. How many KCC players fouled out?

2, Kendra Thomas in the 4th and Kelli Pratt in OT. Shandra Thomas, Natasha Slone, and Megan Mosley all had 4.
Congrats lady pats
On a side note, how long has the Barnett girl been out with the knee injury?
and_1 Wrote:On a side note, how long has the Barnett girl been out with the knee injury?

That was her first game out...i believe she hurt in friday in practice
I hope she gets better.

and_1 Wrote:Is there was someone punched. Kendra Thomas was punched by the number 12, I think her name is Stevie Rogers. The only one that should have been called for a foul was Shandra Thomas, yes she did push, but as for Kendra Thomas being fouled out because of that never happened. She simply was posting up her hands weren't even on the girl guarding her. And as for 23 she came in and did what she was told to do, block shots.. Maybe the JV game she tried starting stuff. And if they got fouled so its not like they weren't murdering the KCC girls on the other end anyways. I know Powell County is good. I never said they weren't. All I ever said was they play dirty, real dirty. I am proud of KCC for keeping their heads on and not trying to fight back.

Why the crying?:boosign:
I think kcc should be renamed megan mosley....she shoots 89 % of the time down the court
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I think kcc should be renamed megan mosley....she shoots 89 % of the time down the court

Is this a magical number out of your head? Knott scored 65 points for the game. Megan scored 28. She gets most of her shots of fast breaks. you do understand that the PG is usually the first one down the court off turnovers and missed shots. What should we rename Powell since Powell has never beaten Knott Central.
If shelby barnett was not injured last night...powell would have beaten kcc....i gurantee that
bobcatfan22 Wrote:If shelby barnett was not injured last night...powell would have beaten kcc....i gurantee that

Should have-could have but didn't. As far as Barnett get well soon.
All im trying to say is you cannot under estimate powell county in the 14th region this year.......they are too good too
bobcatfan22 Wrote:All im trying to say is you cannot under estimate powell county in the 14th region this year.......they are too good too

I've never undersetimated Powell. Go back a look at other threads. I said they were one of the top 5 teams in the 14th.
Just like no one should under estimate KCC.
There just as good as powell,
and they proved it last night.
As to Powell,
keep your heads up.
and Congrats KCC.
Keep it up Lady Pats =]
Benchwarmer Wrote:I've never undersetimated Powell. Go back a look at other threads. I said they were one of the top 5 teams in the 14th.

i respect u for that
Powell has a good team. I go with Benchwarmer. They are top five in the region. They just tend to play dirty it all. Good luck in the rest of the season Powell.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:All im trying to say is you cannot under estimate powell county in the 14th region this year.......they are too good too

You are right. Like people are not giving JBS any credit.
Nomercy Wrote:You are right. Like people are not giving JBS any credit.

I say if a team is winning they deserve the credit until the lose
Powell has to have a reason to play dirty they just dont go into a game thinking we are going to play dirty..... you always hear your teams side of the story you never here how you or your kid is mouthing to powell or any other team... As far as the #12 and Kendra Thomas thing Kendra Thomas probly needed that ..... I have played ball with Steive since 6th grade that long enough to that steive would not just hit someone for the **** of it.....
Canttopthis Wrote:Powell has to have a reason to play dirty they just dont go into a game thinking we are going to play dirty..... you always hear your teams side of the story you never here how you or your kid is mouthing to powell or any other team... As far as the #12 and Kendra Thomas thing Kendra Thomas probly needed that ..... I have played ball with Steive since 6th grade that long enough to that steive would not just hit someone for the **** of it.....

Thomas never did a thing to that girl. She didn't guard her when they were in a man to man defense all Thomas done was dive for a loose ball. Nothing else. Thomas has never been one to trash talk, play dirty, let alone ask or do something to be punched. She is very level headed. She hustled for a loose ball that was all. Apparently #12 didnt like that therefore punched her.
and_1 Wrote:Thomas never did a thing to that girl. She didn't guard her when they were in a man to man defense all Thomas done was dive for a loose ball. Nothing else. Thomas has never been one to trash talk, play dirty, let alone ask or do something to be punched. She is very level headed. She hustled for a loose ball that was all. Apparently #12 didnt like that therefore punched her.

I know rogers from powell and she is not one who would do this if the girl did not deserve it...kcc played just as dirty as powell did so stop your excuses....and putting all the blame on powell is bull....i think kcc came into the game expecting it to be a easy win...when they found out it wasnt they decided to make it a very physical one
No KCC didnt want a physical game. Powell has always played like that against KCC. But enough with that KCC has proven that they can suck it up and beat people when they need to.
and_1 Wrote:No KCC didnt want a physical game. Powell has always played like that against KCC. But enough with that KCC has proven that they can suck it up and beat people when they need to.

well said.
I still do not understand how powell was more physical than kcc....theres no way.....i seen #23 throwing bows everytime she came in....quit blaming this on powell
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I still do not understand how powell was more physical than kcc....theres no way.....i seen #23 throwing bows everytime she came in....quit blaming this on powell

I don't think they were trying to blame it on Powell. They just said that Powell plays physical against KCC.
Pages: 1 2