Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville- 79 Anderson County- 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from the KY Prep Shootout in Montgomery County. Congrats Tigers on the win!
Final.
PHS

Slone 21
Murray 20
Bundy 13
Vanhoose 11
Grimm 11
Pack 2
Turnovers 10

ACHS
Penney 34
Groomes 11
Turnovers 20
Congrats Tigers!

uk96

Congrat tigers ...Great showing for East KY Basketball
Still rollin. Going to be hard to beat in the All-A
Congrats boys, keep it rollin...
Good win for the Tigers. Paintsville may be playing better than anyone in the 15th region at the moment.
This is a very good win for the Tigers. They are playing really good. I hered Anderson was ranked like 15th in the state or something. They are a good ball club and Penny is one heack of a ball player. congrads tigers
Congrats Tigers..
Go Tigers!!!
Great win for the Tigers.
Truly playing great ball these days.
Bundy must have distributed the ball well, considered all of the starters were in double figures.
Keep on keeping on!
Congrats Tigers
TheFan3 Wrote:This is a very good win for the Tigers. They are playing really good. I hered Anderson was ranked like 15th in the state or something. They are a good ball club and Penny is one heack of a ball player. congrads tigers

Anderson isn't ranked. They are the 2nd or 3rd best team in a down 8th Region, but the fact that Paintsville dominated them like this shows they are the real deal.
Way to go Tigers!
alfus21 Wrote:Anderson isn't ranked. They are the 2nd or 3rd best team in a down 8th Region, but the fact that Paintsville dominated them like this shows they are the real deal.

I'm sorry i was just told they were. I'm sorry for the wrong facts but still great win for the tigers:rockon:
:Thumbs: :Thumbs: Congrats Paintsville!
Congrats Tigers! Keep it up.
Congrats Tigers, keep playing team ball.
Great Win For The Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got It Rolling At A Crucial Time In The Season!
Congrats to the Tigers! Anderson County has done well this season and the Tigers handled them easily. But these same Tigers have played well against some very good teams all year. If they keep playing team ball they should go far. What makes the Tigers so effective is that they hustle, and their offense constantly attacks the basket at a fast pace. And considering that we have 5 scoring threats on the floor and a great floor general in Bundy, it is hard to key on any one player. Senior leaders doesn't hurt either.

The Tigers should only have one loss on their record and we are very proud of you guys. Keep it up!!
Congrats Tigers
Gotta go see this one. Tigers looked strong. Good luck in All A!!!
Congrats
Congrats Tigers.
From today's Lexinton Herald(pg. C4) by Mike Fields

Dave Cantrall rated this game as a toss-up between teams rated second in their respective regions.

But 15th Region Paintsville manhandled the 8th region Bearcats, leading by as many as 31 points as all five Tigers' starters scored in double figures.

Landon Slone led the way with 21 points and nine rebounds. Justin Murray had 20 points.

Paintsville Coach Bill Mike Runyon, a hard man to please, was happy with his team's overall performance.

"Overall I'm pretty well pleased, especially offensively," he said. "But we're pretty good offensively. We've been moving the ball aorund and getting open shots."

The Tigers also kept their heads in the game after building a 40-26 halftime lead.

"One thing we've gotta do is make sure we stay mentally focused," Runyon said. "And I was real pleased with the way we did that today."

Paintsville's only negative? It was outrebounded 43-26.

Anderson County was led by junior standout C.J. Penny, who had 34 points and 12 rebounds. But the Bearcats had a tough time taking care of the ball. They had 17 turnovers that Paintsville converted into 23 points.