Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bryan's future at Pikeville?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have heard from several sources that coach Bryan applied for a highschool coaching job over Christmas break. Does he want out that bad or are they pushing him to leave?
lol what does the guy coach...never heard of him.
vundy33 Wrote:lol what does the guy coach...never heard of him.

He is Pikeville College's head football coach. Mac will not leave Pikeville College for Pikeville High School, plus PC just started weightlifting the other day.
blackcat_student Wrote:He is Pikeville College's head football coach. Mac will not leave Pikeville College for Pikeville High School, plus PC just started weightlifting the other day.
Well considering he said over Christmas break and Jackson didn't resign until after it, I'd venture to say it wasn't the PHS job.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well considering he said over Christmas break and Jackson didn't resign until after it, I'd venture to say it wasn't the PHS job.

True.
It was a school in South Carolina. Rumor has it that he has already been turned down.
RedGreen Wrote:It was a school in South Carolina. Rumor has it that he has already been turned down.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm going to label this thread title to rumor.
I hope he leaves. He will never do good with the football program. Mynatt left him with a good team that had a legitimate shot at winnin the MSC his first year but he ran half of Mynatt's boys off in spring ball when he first got there.
RedGreen Wrote:It was a school in South Carolina. Rumor has it that he has already been turned down.

It is true. There was a job opening in South Carolina (Charelston I think, not sure) but he was turned down. He hasn't stayed at a school for longer than 3 or 4 years and the longevity was an issue. As of now, he IS the coach at Pikeville College.
Has he decided to stay now or is he still looking?
jobaby1025 Wrote:Has he decided to stay now or is he still looking?

Mac Bryan is the coach at Pikeville College. I spoke with him last week and he is looking forward to spring drills starting in the next few weeks.
Redneck Wrote:I hope he leaves. He will never do good with the football program. Mynatt left him with a good team that had a legitimate shot at winnin the MSC his first year but he ran half of Mynatt's boys off in spring ball when he first got there.

Mac IS the best coach that Pikeville College has ever had. He is staying at Pikeville and I wouldn't doubt that he does big things in the next 3 years. Good luck Mac and the rest of Da Bears.
TRAIN85 Wrote:Mac IS the best coach that Pikeville College has ever had. He is staying at Pikeville and I wouldn't doubt that he does big things in the next 3 years. Good luck Mac and the rest of Da Bears.

You can't be serious train. Mynatt left him with a GREAT team and Bryant ran half of em off because they weren't his recruits. Mac will never be successful in the MSC because of his horrible play callin. Who runs a QB draw on 3rd and long???
Train, do you not remember Mynatt? Look @ his wins/losses and Bryan's. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!
Mynatt was the best coach that Pikeville has had in their short history. Mynatt was a great recruiter and had one of the best Defensive Coord. I've ever seen and played for in John Craeger. He had back to back seaons of 8-3 and then I think 10-3 with teams ranked nationally and as high as #6. I feel that Bryan could potentially do good things, but some scheme changes would need to be made.
Redneck Wrote:You can't be serious train. Mynatt left him with a GREAT team and Bryant ran half of em off because they weren't his recruits. Mac will never be successful in the MSC because of his horrible play callin. Who runs a QB draw on 3rd and long???

I think most of them flunked out. Antwan Marsh (the greatest player I have seen at the NAIA level) was gone. He alone at the NAIA level could win you some games. Bryan can coach and we eventually win if given the chance. BTW alot of coordinators run the draw on 3rd and long. Most defenses go to a prevent defense when it is 3rd and long so it is hard to convert it by throwing, so you run. The worst thing that can happen is a punt on 4th down.
HazzBeen Wrote:I think most of them flunked out. Antwan Marsh (the greatest player I have seen at the NAIA level) was gone. He alone at the NAIA level could win you some games. Bryan can coach and we eventually win if given the chance. BTW alot of coordinators run the draw on 3rd and long. Most defenses go to a prevent defense when it is 3rd and long so it is hard to convert it by throwing, so you run. The worst thing that can happen is a punt on 4th down.

You are correct. Mynatt did have a lot of "One Semster Wonders" playing for him. However, losing Marsh to the Colts did hurt...I believe he was out of eligibility anyway. From what I can remember he played a season of JUCO ball in Mississippi and then played 3 seasons (03-05) for the Bears.
HazzBeen Wrote:I think most of them flunked out. Antwan Marsh (the greatest player I have seen at the NAIA level) was gone. He alone at the NAIA level could win you some games. Bryan can coach and we eventually win if given the chance. BTW alot of coordinators run the draw on 3rd and long. Most defenses go to a prevent defense when it is 3rd and long so it is hard to convert it by throwing, so you run. The worst thing that can happen is a punt on 4th down.

It doesn't do any good when you run every time it's 3rd and long every ball game. They have an All-American kicker who never got a chance to kick the ball because of his stupidity and plays like that. I couldn't count how many times they just needed 5-6 yards to get Chilton in FG range but ended up losin yards on 3rd and long by runnin QB draws.

Thank you HazzBeen and good post. Bryan is a heck of a coach who needs time to get his players there at Pikeville. He is an excellent recruiter. Bryan did not run them off. They ran themselves off by not getting the grades.
Bryan does have some good players. If he would let them play. Chip was a great qb and he never got another chance w/ Bryan arrived.