Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher County Central vs. June Buchanan - Jan. 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This should be a very good game. The two teams met on Jan. 6th with JBS taking a 73-66 win over the Cougars at JBS. LCC lead over half of the game and as much as 13 late in the third quarter. Both teams have stepped up their game since the last time they met. Who do you think will win when the Crusaders travel to Letcher Central?

uk96

Letcher Central plays hard and shot the lights out last time they played and seems to be playing well. If JBS uses their size advantage then I think JBS will have no problems but if they play small to LCC advantage then it could be close. I will say JBS by 10-15 in this one...
I would like to see an upset in this one, but JBS seems to be playing pretty well as of late. JBS by 10......
I think LCC has a pretty good chance of winning this game. They just came off a big district win over Cordia, Cox is out for the Crusaders, and they are playing at home so I wouldnt be surpised if LCC did win this game but I still gonna say JBS by less than 10.
Will Cox not be playing for this game? How long is he out for? What happened? That is aweful. In my opinion he is their best all-around athlete considering his demeanor on and off the court.
LCC by 10.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Will Cox not be playing for this game? How long is he out for? What happened? That is aweful. In my opinion he is their best all-around athlete considering his demeanor on and off the court.

Cox has a strained MCL. He is out for at least 2 weeks. After that it is day to day.
JBS by 15.
JBS by 10. After watching Coach Justice and the Cougars pull off a win against the Cordia Lions this week, it will be a very good game IMO. LCC showed some different looks on the Defensive and the Offensive ends of the court which could cause problems for the Crusaders if the JBS Coaching Staff don't make the proper changes quick enough to stop the Cougars. Can't wait until they are down by double fiqures, LCC at home might be too late.
KC 1973 Wrote:JBS by 10. After watching Coach Justice and the Cougars pull off a win against the Cordia Lions this week, it will be a very good game IMO. LCC showed some different looks on the Defensive and the Offensive ends of the court which could cause problems for the Crusaders if the JBS Coaching Staff don't make the proper changes quick enough to stop the Cougars. Can't wait until they are down by double fiqures, LCC at home might be too late.
Agree!
I know that LCC played JBS hard the last time they met & I know that T. Cox has had some injury problems, but I still like JBS in this game by 15. Just my opinion!

IMO the only team in the 14th that has a chance at beating JBS is Hazard.
JBS by 30.
Should be an exciting game... I'll take JBS by 7.

Good luck to both.
Does Cox get to play....
Overrated Wrote:JBS by 30.

JBS has the potential to win by that much but I don't think that will happen. LCC and Hazard are the only schools in the 14th that can play with them... Based on JBS' 14th region games so far this year....
Going to be a good one! Can't wait!
Pulling for LCC but I think JBS will find a way to win.
Despite not having their entire team, I still think they should win without extreme difficulty.
JBS 15+
LIPS Wrote:Does Cox get to play....

No, out for at least 2 weeks according to one of his teammates.
LCC by 10 Without Cox (wymt mvp) JBS is not nerly as good. Cox is one the best in the region. Now youcan focus on Clark and he struggles with intense pressure.
Go Lcc!!!
LCC in the upset by 5....
I look for a repeat of last year. LCC played JBS close at home very early in the season (57-50). JBS won the WYMT then destroyed Prestonsburg (89-53), and then showed up at LCC and won (73-48). However, without Cox in this one will narrow that margin by quite a few...Crusaders by 17!
Jbs-63
Lcc-49
IMO as for Tate being out for this District Rival Game, Seth Hall can come in , run the point, distribute the ball , run the offense, and play tough defense. Brent Hall while in will give JBS'S front line three BIG men that presents a matchup problem for any one in this region. Smart coaching using these players can give JBS the win even on LCC's home court over a hard playing Cougar Team. JBS by 10.
Overrated Wrote:JBS by 30.
What planet did that come from?

JBS by 5. LCC shoots 50% then put it in the opposite direction.

uk96

UKisN1 Wrote:What planet did that come from?

If Lcc shoots like they did the last time they played it could be close. We will see if JBS makes any necessary adjustments on defense because they didnt play any the last time...I still cant see Lcc winning but time will tell how much it ends up being. I must say that I think the LCC coaching staff has done a fine job with this team this year...Good luck to both teams the rest of the way...
With or without Cox JBS wins.
UKisN1 Wrote:What planet did that come from?

Well.. wait and see..I will be very close..Wink
JBS by 15, go JBS

uk96

I could see it being close if Letcher shoots well but I also could see it being 25 if JBS plays as a team...
Pages: 1 2