Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville @ Shelby Valley - Jan. 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Tough battle and an extremely important game in 59th play. I believe Valley will be favored but don't count the Panthers out if they play to their abilities.
Valley by 8
I'll take Valley by 10, but this could go either way.

Good luck to both.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Tough battle and an extremely important game in 59th play. I believe Valley will be favored but don't count the Panthers out if they play to their abilities.

One could say the same thing about Valley right now. Which team will show up on Friday, the team that beat Male and DeSales, or the team that fiddled around with East Ridge and Pike Central?

I think the game being at home will help SV right the ship. I'll go with SV by 12, let's say 66-54. When the game is played at Pikeville it may be another matter.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Tough battle and an extremely important game in 59th play. I believe Valley will be favored but don't count the Panthers out if they play to their abilities.
Actually, if the district games pan out like they are supposed to, the game between Pikeville and Shelby Valley @ Pikeville will be more important than this one. Pikeville has played good the last two games after a beat down by JBS. But it is hard to beat anyone when they shoot 73% from the field. I think Shelby Valley has the upper hand still because it is at Shelby Valley. But anything can happen.
ill say valley by 11

uk96

SV by 14...
im going with valley
Good Luck to Both Teams! But Im am gonna go with Valley by 10+
Since it's at Valley---I'll go with Valley in this one. Close game though.
SV by 15. Pikeville will not be able to play the up tempo style of ball as SV. Play like this makes Pikeville's Big Man inside, Adams, a non-factor in IMO...............!
Valley 70
Pikeville 52
KC 1973 Wrote:SV by 15. Pikeville will not be able to play the up tempo style of ball as SV. Play like this makes Pikeville's Big Man inside, Adams, a non-factor in IMO...............!
Just going on the last game... Shelby Valley scored 59 while Pikeville scored 67. Up tempo games doesnt affect Adams as much as you might think. He runs the floor very well to be his size.
vundy33 Wrote:Valley 70
Pikeville 52
This looks about right!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Just going on the last game... Shelby Valley scored 59 while Pikeville scored 67. Up tempo games doesnt affect Adams as much as you might think. He runs the floor very well to be his size.

For his size, yes, but he doesn't run as well as Ashley does, and he had around 30 points last game, can Adams keep up with Ashley? Also, this year I've seen Ashley step behind the arc a lot, won't this draw some attention from Devan and leave the inside a little more open for people like Jake?
PC_You_Know Wrote:For his size, yes, but he doesn't run as well as Ashley does, and he had around 30 points last game, can Adams keep up with Ashley? Also, this year I've seen Ashley step behind the arc a lot, won't this draw some attention from Devan and leave the inside a little more open for people like Jake?
Yes it could, but on the other hand, when Ashley and Jake are on Dev when he has the ball on the block, wont that open up Pikevilles outside?
Since its at valley, I say Valley by 12-15
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Yes it could, but on the other hand, when Ashley and Jake are on Dev when he has the ball on the block, wont that open up Pikevilles outside?

Man I hate to inform you, but Pikeville doesn't have the most lights out shooters ever, but Valley does have one of the biggest defensive presences in EKY, Elisha Justice roaming around the perimeter.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Man I hate to inform you, but Pikeville doesn't have the most lights out shooters ever, but Valley does have one of the biggest defensive presences in EKY, Elisha Justice roaming around the perimeter.
Good, guess you wont have to guard Bell, Baker, or Matt outside then huh? Just wondering, what happens if Ashley gets in foul trouble?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Good, guess you wont have to guard Bell, Baker, or Matt outside then huh? Just wondering, what happens if Ashley gets in foul trouble?

Kirby Tackett will step right in just like he has all year and we've done just fine. You all lost to us 4 times last year, I just want to know what makes you think you guys are capable of coming into Valley and winning.
This might be another close one. If valley doesn't get their heads on straight, but i'm going with SV in the rival game.

SV: 51
P_VILLE: 44
PC_You_Know Wrote:Kirby Tackett will step right in just like he has all year and we've done just fine. You all lost to us 4 times last year, I just want to know what makes you think you guys are capable of coming into Valley and winning.
Has Valley went into a game this year thinking they was going to lose it before it even started?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Has Valley went into a game this year thinking they was going to lose it before it even started?

Did you just ask if Valley thinks they're going to lose?
No, I asked if they thought they was going to lose any game they have played this year. If they thought they was going to lose to Male, the NY tourney or any game?
Why would any team think they were going to lose a game?
Read your post number 20 in this thread and see if it sounds like Pikeville doesnt have a chance of going to Valley and winning. Pikeville will be going and suiting up to play to win. Even though I will agree they are the underdog. But they have a chance of winning that game just the same as they do any other game. Dont expect them to go there thinking they are going to lose.
Valley by 10.
I like SV by 10 in this one.
Well I know most of their players read BGR, and not having a single person pick them to win so far definitely can't help their confidence.
So with everyone picking Shelby Valley to win, do you think that is going to make Shelby Valley over-confident and not play as hard?
Pages: 1 2 3