Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Suggestions for stocks to buy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been dabbling a bit in the stock market lately. Anyone have any that they have had good luck with and would suggest investing in?
There is always the option of staying local and buying some Community Trust Bank (CTBI). The price is off about 15 points from its 52 week high with the sub-prime market (the whole banking industry is down), so making this investment is depends on when you think the market will pick back up. But CTBI hasn't been hit as hard by the crunch -- no major write-offs as up yet at least.

I, too, am looking for others to buy if anyone has companies they think show promise.
oil!!!! :d
I have some money in Google and HP. The industry says they are good prospects to buy. I am just now getting my feet wet so I am not investing large sums of money just yet.
Crossbones Wrote:oil!!!! :d

That would have been a great investment several years ago. I would hope that it wouldn't go any higher than it is now.:o
Crossbones Wrote:oil!!!! :d
Don't know about that. It's down about $9 from about 2 weeks ago. Cool
Midee1 Wrote:I have been dabbling a bit in the stock market lately. Anyone have any that they have had good luck with and would suggest investing in?
I have always been partial to Angus, but have dabbled a bit in Goats and pigs as well.
After getting beat down with the overall market decline the past few days there are many companies that are great buys right now. I like Apple (AAPL) as a good buy. If you want a large degree of safety though, stick with companies like Exxon (XOM), a good utility company (ie. AEP, DUK to name a couple). And remember, companies like Exxon make their money on selling gas, not owning oil. So gas/oil companies are still good even with high oil.