Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (RUMOR) Russell BBALL decline!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard today that Russell's leading scorer MABRY and the teams leading assist player FERGUSON quit the team last night. Both are 6'3" and seniors, starters and backbones of the team. I did not see this coming but did hear it today.
I hate to hear that but i hope everything turns out ok for you guys.
As if the team was not in enough trouble as it is.
That's too bad for the Red Devils. Just got to keep their heads up.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Heard today that Russell's leading scorer MABRY and the teams leading assist player FERGUSON quit the team last night. Both are 6'3" and seniors, starters and backbones of the team. I did not see this coming but did hear it today.
Both of them did quit. It is not a rumor. As for the program in decline, it already had. Its called losing 7 of your top 9 from a year ago and all of the starters to graduation. Now the defections. A small group of seniors and juniors requires younger players to have to step up. At one point last friday the lineup was a 7th grader, 3 sophmores and 1 senior. No varsity experience.
So what is going wrong down there, if anyone cares, send me a PM about this.
That is not good news for the Red Devils, especially in light of the way this year has gone so far. Did they just get fed up over the down year, or is there more to it?
EKY Sportster Wrote:That is not good news for the Red Devils, especially in light of the way this year has gone so far. Did they just get fed up over the down year, or is there more to it?
There is more to it than that. I won't go into on here but there has been a rift in the program for a while.
Heard that Mabry is coming back Wednesday but that Ferguson was still out. Not to say that I by all means know basketball becasue I dont,,, just hate it for our high school. I know in the past the football boys were treated different becasue they were still playing when basketball started. They were treated differently in the past past. I know that Josh Gross for one and then Kasey Clark next. Just imagine if these great athletes were welcomed to play basketball. NOW I DONT KNOW basketball,,,, but this continues today.
Dodd ia an asset, if kids dont want to play his way, then they can quit. And it looks like some did.
This can only happen so long............
I understand that Dodd left college to come to Russell. Did he leave so he could coach his own son? Or was he just burned out with the college thing?