Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCA Fined Over Financial Aid To Athletes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In an article found in the Lexington-Herald written by Mike Fields, LCA has been fined more than $13,000 and its athletics program placed on one year of probation for giving improper financial assistance to student-athlets and for lack of insitutional control, according to the KHSAA.

The article is lengthy and outlines many details of the infractions, but it stated that of the 18 students who received improver funding, 16 were athletes.

LCA paid the $3,000 fine and reimbursed KHSAA $10,982 for the cost of the investigation without even filing an appeal.

I think this is very interesting and have often wondered how many students who attend these private school which have large expenses for enrollment (I believe LCA's is over $7,000 per year for Sr. high plus they have to purchase most of their equipment for football out of their own pocket) actually pay these costs, and how many are on "scholarship," or are receiving some sort of subsidy? That would surely be interesting numbers to review.

Anyway, thought this might be interesting to discuss on this board.
This isn't the first place this has happened at, they were just unlucky enough to get caught.
Here is a link to the article:

As being reported by Herald Leader this afternoon. What are these folks at LCA thinking?

http://www.kentucky.com/254/story/285296.html
Wow
Doesn't surprise me!!
KyGurl Wrote:Doesn't surprise me!!
Me either.Rolleyes
Thought it was awful fast for a school such as LCA to have the kind of success in which they have had, especially in football! But like mentioned, it happens at alot of places and they just got caught!
The KHSAA Board of Control sort of voided a vote of member schools that would have made private schools compete for championships in their own "league." The KHSAA Board of Control is a meaningless organization as far as any kind of "control" that matters to fairness in competition.... From O Brother Where Art Thou: "It's all about the money boys...."
16 of the 18 students who received financial aid from a private foundation participated in athletics.
Imagine that, lol...
Wow I can't believe that a private school would do something this dishonest. Yeah right. I can't believe what they get away with. As the great wrestler Eddie Guerrero said "Cheat to win".
Just read the news.......
http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...24832.html
How will this affect the regular season and the playoffs???
It won't.
And also a Christian school "cheating", lol! Now think about that!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And also a Christian school "cheating", lol! Now think about that!

Lexington Catholic went through the same thing in 2005.
Exactly!. Don't think the name at the end of the city means a thing, lol.
The fact is, they often do cheat... Practicing with coaches around against rules; sniffing around middle schools and such for the best players; floating a little money toward "student athletes" to ease the financial burden... I think it is a travesty that the KHSAA Board of Control didn't honor the athletic directors' vote...a travesty.