Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cumberland 56 Pikeville 55
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pitiful job of closing by Pikeville, blew a 9 point lead with 3:50 to go.
Final

Pikeville- 17 TO's
Got OutRebounded 32-19(was the deciding factor)
49% Shooting
7/10 FT's
Blew a 9pt lead with about 4 mins. 2 go..
That is very true. Pikevilel shouldve won this game by 9+. They just couldnt do it.
Congrats Cumberland
Sloppy game all around! Cumberland just could not get things going. Pikeville outplayed them the entire game.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Sloppy game all around! Cumberland just could not get things going. Pikeville outplayed them the entire game.

So how did Pikeville lose then?
They fell apart with about 2 minutes to go and I guess just simply choked! Really no other way to put it. A very hard fought game for sure. Definately a fun game to watch.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So how did Pikeville lose then?
They tried to hold the ball, They played not to lose and forgot to do what got them ahead all night.
Congrats Redskins. Pikeville gave it away!
Highlander Wrote:They tried to hold the ball, They played not to lose and forgot to do what got them ahead all night.
I agree with this statement.
Congrats Cumberland
I thought pikeville would pull it out but guess not, got any stats for Pikeville?
Glad to see Pikeville playing better tonight. They where destroyed by JBS & I honestly expected them to get blasted again tonight. However, that didn't happen. The panthers came close to pulling this one out. I can't believe the play of D. Adams in this tournament. He is one of the most improved players over the course of one year I have ever seen.
Cograts. Cumberland on a hard fought win. Pikeville played well for most of the game and should have held onto the lead, but the turning point IMO was when Cumberland picked up the defensive pressure causing Pikeville's TO's.

uk96

I thought this was a good game and either team could have won.. This was a good game for Pikeville after the JBS game...I really like the Adams kid from Pikeville because he seems like such a good kid and really tries hard. He had a hard time in the JBS game because JBS has two big men and when you get by one the other one can contest a shot....I think both of these teams can finish out the season good if they continue to work hard and improve on their weaknesses. good luck to both teams...
The season beginning to turn really sour for the Panthers. I truely think that Harmon and Sword has made all the difference. The team is just not playing like they were last year.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:The season beginning to turn really sour for the Panthers. I truely think that Harmon and Sword has made all the difference. The team is just not playing like they were last year.
Things are not sour for the Panters. This is the only game they lost this year to a team who wasnt as good as them. The other loses, the teams were clearly better and it showed on the scoreboard.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:The season beginning to turn really sour for the Panthers. I truely think that Harmon and Sword has made all the difference. The team is just not playing like they were last year.
They were 8-5 after 13 games last year too. The only difference is this year their schedule has been hellacious! I don't think losses to Dob. Bennett (top 5 team in Tenn), Lou. Male (top 10 in state), Lou. Trinity, JBS (best team in mountains), and Cumberland (#6 in mtns.) is reason to call the season sour!!

ps..everyone is sick of hearing about Harmon. He walked out on his team mates and coaches. Sad!!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Glad to see Pikeville playing better tonight. They where destroyed by JBS & I honestly expected them to get blasted again tonight. However, that didn't happen. The panthers came close to pulling this one out. I can't believe the play of D. Adams in this tournament. He is one of the most improved players over the course of one year I have ever seen.

I agree, he payed well.
bball fan Wrote:They were 8-5 after 13 games last year too. The only difference is this year their schedule has been hellacious! I don't think losses to Dob. Bennett (top 5 team in Tenn), Lou. Male (top 10 in state), Lou. Trinity, JBS (best team in mountains), and Cumberland (#6 in mtns.) is reason to call the season sour!!

ps..everyone is sick of hearing about Harmon. He walked out on his team mates and coaches. Sad!!

I think that scotty doesn't know is just saying that not having Sword and Harmon hurts the Panthers on the perimeter. No need to get defensive.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Things are not sour for the Panters. This is the only game they lost this year to a team who wasnt as good as them. The other loses, the teams were clearly better and it showed on the scoreboard.

Agreed! The Panthers will be fine come tournament time.
Elwayfan Wrote:I think that scotty doesn't know is just saying that not having Sword and Harmon hurts the Panthers on the perimeter. No need to get defensive.
I still think not having Sword hurts more than Daniel not being out. Not taking anything away from Daniel, because if his heart isnt in it and he doesnt want to play, he shouldnt. If he had wanted to, and did, he would have helped. But Pikeville is the same as every other school in the state. You can only play the ones that come out and not the ones that people wish had.

Pikevilles season isnt bad this year. Only one loss to a pretty good Cumberland team that should have been a win. The other loses were to teams that in my opinion are better teams. Sooner or later, every team goes against someone that is better.

This was a hard played game from both teams. One team had to win, the other had to lose. I just think it was a good game on Pikevilles side to bounce back after a beating like they took from JBS. It looked to me they put that game behind them and just played the game at hand which is what you are supposed to do.
One thing that helped Pikeville was putting Clevinger at the point position. JMO
1977 Wrote:One thing that helped Pikeville was putting Clevinger at the point position. JMO
I disagree, I think that Bell, Burchett or Clark should be the point.
Congrats

uk96

Does Pikeville have internal problems between its players? Just curious?
uk96 Wrote:Does Pikeville have internal problems between its players? Just curious?
No. But who were you thinking?
From what I saw of this game last night, coming off a very emotional late night game against Hazard the night before Cumberland was extremely flat. They finally woke up in the 4th and took the win away from Pikeville. Pikeville is definitely not a better team than Cumberland. The Leisge kid had a really clutch game for Cumberland.
bball fan Wrote:They were 8-5 after 13 games last year too. The only difference is this year their schedule has been hellacious! I don't think losses to Dob. Bennett (top 5 team in Tenn), Lou. Male (top 10 in state), Lou. Trinity, JBS (best team in mountains), and Cumberland (#6 in mtns.) is reason to call the season sour!!

That's not a very fair thing to say about this kid, Harmon. He didn't walk out on his teamates and coaches, because he didn't start the season. Would you also say that Wes Rowe, Clarky Keene, Steven Layne, and others walked out on their teamates and coaches by choosing not to play f-ball this past year, even though they have played the previous years? I don't think you would. I know I wouldn't.
Congrats Cumberland
Pages: 1 2