Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JBS vs Hazard ( WYMT Championship Game)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 2 top teams in the 14th will be battling it out 2mar for the Championship of the WYMT Mt. Classic.

Whats everyones predictions?

JBS by 14.
I cant wait...i take jbs by 5
JBS by 18+ if they play like they did tonite.
HHS by 4
I'll pull for hazard in this one. By 10
I think this is going to be a battle of tempos. Hazard likes the more beat down, drag it out type 50 point games... Jbs likes high tempo 70+ point games. If Hazard keeps the score in the 50's the advantage goes to them, but if Hazard doesn't match up in transition, Jbs will roll. JBS 65 HAZARD 58
JBS by 5. The Warren kid that became eligible for Hazard tonight seemed to be in really good game shape for a player whom during his period of applying to the KHSAA was not supposed to be participating in the teams pratice until he was ruled eligible. He will help this Bull Dog team with his hustle and style of play. Should be an exciting game for the fans to watch.
JBS by 20 i think they will flex their muscles.:muscleman Go JBS!!!!!:Cheerlead
IMO this is the game of the year so far in the mountains. It's probably a preview of the 14th region championship too. JBS has had a much easier road to get to the finals beating Knox Co. soundly, and absolutely thrashing Pikeville tonight. JBS has unbelievable guard play in Clark Stepp and Tate Cox. JBS likes to run, run, run, the ball and they are excellant in transition. They have size, shooters, and plenty of team quickness. Hazard on the other hand has had a tougher road to the finals. They've played two tough games in Clay Co. and then Cumberland. The Bulldogs are a very physical basketball team. They play more of a grid out smash mouth brand of basketball. They will run when given the opportunity and Whitaker is a very good guard as well. Hazard can beat you in different ways.

I"m going to take JBS by 4 in what I think will be an absolute war tomorrow night in Hindman!

After Wallen has had time to get used to Hazard & vise versa the outcome could be different later on in the year. I look for these teams to meet at least two more times. Once in the all A and then again in the regional tournament. Just my opinion! good luck to both teams
GOOOO BULLDOGS!!!!
BEAT JBS!!!!!!!!
hazard by 2 points, 68 to 66
I'd have to guess JBS by a bunch. The way they are playing right now they will be hard to beat.
hazard will bang with jbs and i dont think jbs likes to get phyiscal so i would say that will hurt jbs a little bit but if jbs are hitting there shots than they are very dangerous and can blow up a lead in no time.

hhs-59
jbs-56
As bad as I hate to say it JBS should win this game. The big reason JBS beats Hazard is Hazard don't have no outside shooting and JBS is big enough inside to stop the dawgs. I'll say JBS by 12.

uk96

Hazard is a good team but they just are not at the level of JBS IMO....JBS has too many weapons and they will force Hazard to shoot outside. JBS by 18 in this one...
JBS wins in a tight one.
This game is at 8:30 right?

GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!:bball:
Hazard by 4
uk96 Wrote:Hazard is a good team but they just are not at the level of JBS IMO....JBS has too many weapons and they will force Hazard to shoot outside. JBS by 18 in this one...

I agree, Is anyone in the 14th even on their level. That team can flat out ball!
uk96 Wrote:Hazard is a good team but they just are not at the level of JBS IMO....JBS has too many weapons and they will force Hazard to shoot outside. JBS by 18 in this one...

Let's not get carried away with this thing. JBS is not far superior to Hazard by any means. I think they will win, but lets remember Letcher Co had them beat last week on their home floor and probably should have won the game. Hazard can beat them. The one thing Hazard does exceptionally well is play defense, so anything can happen when you're playing a team that is well coached and plays good defense. The only thing JBS has over Hazard is outside shooting. Should be a good game, but I'm still picking JBS to win.
RavenBoy Wrote:This game is at 8:30 right?

Saturday's games...
Knox Co. and Clay Co. play at 4 pm in the 5th place game.
Cumberland and Pikeville play at 6:30 pm in the 3rd place game.
HAZARD and JBS play in the Championship game at 8:15 pm.

According to this the Hazard/JBS game begins at 8:15 pm.
Who cares who wins at least its two 14th region teams, but I'm from Knott Co. so I will go with JBS by 15 at least. Hazard is just not capable of keeping JBS off the boards.
I'll take JBS by 20. JBS is just 2 tuff.
Depends on who referees this game, everyones knows that refs from Pippa Passes are a weapon for JBS.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Depends on who referees this game, everyones knows that refs from Pippa Passes are a weapon for JBS.

I dont believe the refs will be a factor.
Hazard by 6+ IMO
any updates yet??