Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who would win if Paintsville and Shelby Valley played?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Who would win?

I would say Paintsville by 5
^ I would like to know your reasoning. Here you have the defending regional champs, with their top 4 players and the 6th man still able to compete, playing against a team who hasn't won a regional contest since they've been together(exception of Bundy) and the SV squad has a player who has already played in two state tournament games and the 15th region MVP. You can't say Paintsville is playing better because Valley has played as tough if not tougher competition and done just as well even without one of their starters. Unless you're a fanboy or go to Paintsville, I don't see a logical reason for picking Paintsville.

Valley would win by 9.
PC_You_Know Wrote:^ I would like to know your reasoning. Here you have the defending regional champs, with their top 4 players and the 6th man still able to compete, playing against a team who hasn't won a regional contest since they've been together(exception of Bundy) and the SV squad has a player who has already played in two state tournament games and the 15th region MVP. You can't say Paintsville is playing better because Valley has played as tough if not tougher competition and done just as well even without one of their starters. Unless you're a fanboy or go to Paintsville, I don't see a logical reason for picking Paintsville.

Valley would win by 9.

There's a reason they haven't won a region game since they have been together, SELFISHNESS... They are a completely different team from last year, the year before and the year before that. Not sayin it might not happen again, but I just don't see them chokin this year. "Exception of Bundy"?????

We may find out in a few weeks in the All "A" Region tourney.
I think that people believe the reason Paintsville hasn't won the region is because they choke. That may have been the case two years ago but not anymore. The boys at SV are growing up and now I don't think it matters if Paintsville chokes or not, they just aren't as good as SV imo.
IMO, we won't have to wait long to find out because these two will probably meet in the finals of the 15th region All A in a couple weeks.

I like SV in a very close game.
I'm just tired of people talking about this Paintsville squad and saying how good they're gonna do. Valley got on the elite level last year and have been on it since, Paintsville is just trying to play catchup.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm just tired of people talking about this Paintsville squad and saying how good they're gonna do. Valley got on the elite level last year and have been on it since, Paintsville is just trying to play catchup.

What do you call "the elite level"?
Redneck Wrote:What do you call "the elite level"?

Making the Sweet 16 last year, beating the #7 team in the state this year, and placing 3rd in a good tournament in NY, losing to one of the top teams in the nation by only 30.
Valley by 10
Valley would win 9/10 times IMO.
I guess we will find out soon enough. I wouldn't make a prediction right now. I know there are nights that Paintsville could beat Valley and that Valley could beat Painstville.

I think that Paintsville has as much talent as SV. BUT SV has won the Region 2 times under this Tiger teams' watch and beat this Paintsville team out of the region as well. I think that it was due to team play versus selfish play. But it is Paintsville which must prove themselves, not SV. The Tigers seem to be playing good team ball this year - SO FAR - and if they keep it up, they should be able to hold their own with SV. We'll just have to see if the Tigers can do it.
I'm going with Valley.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I'm going with Valley.

Me too....
I'll take the Tigers by 10. I beleive it be close but the tigers will play hard and come out with a win. End OF STORY
I'll say Paintsville by single digits.
im going with valley!!!
Valley by 10-15
Larry Legend Wrote:I think that people believe the reason Paintsville hasn't won the region is because they choke. That may have been the case two years ago but not anymore. The boys at SV are growing up and now I don't think it matters if Paintsville chokes or not, they just aren't as good as SV imo.

good post.....i think valleys D would be to much for them
Valley
ok heres my opinion i watched this valley team play tonight and barely beating a team like betsy layne by 19 and keeping your starters in I'm just saying paintsville beat them by 70 and if valley was to come out and play like tonight your looking at paintsville by at least 10 or more. I wanna see this valley team in sync in person before i make my decision on this but as of right now since watching both teams this would be the best game in a long time and everyone knows it. I'm not gonna answer until i watch valleys next game hopefully a better showing.
Maxipoo Wrote:ok heres my opinion i watched this valley team play tongith and barely beating a team like betsy layne by 19 and jkeeeping ur starteers in im just sayin piantsville beat them by 70 and if valley was to come out and play like tongith ur looking at paintsvilleby at least 10 or more on this cause iw anna see this valley team in sync in person b4 i make my decision on this but as of right now since watching both teams thsi would be the best game in a long time and everyone knos it. but im not gonna answer until i watch valleys next game hopefully a bettr showing>

What?
Paintsville in a close one
Valley is strong , but P-ville is too. I would love to watch this game if there ever is such. I would take Valley by 7.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Making the Sweet 16 last year, beating the #7 team in the state this year, and placing 3rd in a good tournament in NY, losing to one of the top teams in the nation by only 30.

If you think that's all it takes to be on "the elite level" then I guess they are, lol.
I think Shelby Valley will win. They are battle tested and want to make a statement. I'll take SV by 15.
Maxipoo Wrote:ok heres my opinion i watched this valley team play tonight and barely beating a team like betsy layne by 19 and keeping your starters in I'm just saying paintsville beat them by 70 and if valley was to come out and play like tonight your looking at paintsville by at least 10 or more. I wanna see this valley team in sync in person before i make my decision on this but as of right now since watching both teams this would be the best game in a long time and everyone knows it. I'm not gonna answer until i watch valleys next game hopefully a better showing.

? Reread your post.
I believe that once a win is in hand it is a decision whether not to run up the score or give scrubs playing time. That my be a mojor reason behind such a difference in scores.
it would be a very close game but i think paintsville would win by single digits
I really and truly hope that they meet up in the ALL A. But for now no prediction for me unitl they do. Talk about a dream matchup, seems like it has been what everyone is wanting to see.
One thing about it, when the two play at the All A one side or another will finally have to shut the **** up!!!!!!!!!
Tigers as a team can beat SV, Tigers playing as individuals stand no chance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4