Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Coach in the 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
lets here it i'm going to say J.R. VanHoose-Phelps
AV22 Wrote:lets here it i'm going to say J.R. VanHoose-Phelps

J.R. is doing an AWESOME job with the girls at PHS.
Ahhhh I really like Coach Butcher from Pike Central....

I appreciate the vote, but I haven't done enough yet to be considered the best coach in the region! Thanks though!!!!!
phs1986 Wrote:J.R. is doing an AWESOME job with the girls at PHS.

Thanks! But like I said before, don't think I have done enough yet to be considered the best girls coach.
Lol I wonder why you would say that! :p
I think wireman,butcher does a good job!
JR is good and going to be better, coach rice at sheldon clark, and butcher at pike central
Butcher at Pike Central he has done great things and will do more great things. Wireman is and has always done a great job at Johnson Central. The Coach at Sheldon Clark has really brought that team alive. JR's time is coming he has stepped into a program who has struggled but as you can already see he is building something there, they just always needed someone who knew what they were doing and now they have that at Phelps. He knows how to play and to teach as we saw through High School and College he made players around him better. A good coach is a great leader and that is what all four of these posses.
RODNEY ROWE . HAS to be one of the best i've seene.
Phillip Wireman - Johnson Central
Coach Rice--Sheldon Clark..hands down.
Rodney Rowe and Butcher are both great coaches!
CarD_Krazi_5 Wrote:Coach Rice--Sheldon Clark..hands down.

Let's not even go there.

It's his first year as a Head Coach. The other coaches mentioned have established themselves as year end and year out contenders for Dsitrict and Regional titles.

Although he may be a good coach and he may someday be considered with the elite group of coaches. As of right now he is not.
Coach Butcher! He and those girls have achieved SO much!
ballcrazy Wrote:RODNEY ROWE . HAS to be one of the best i've seene.

agreed!
JR has already let it be known that he hasn't done nearly enough yet to be mentioned for this, but he is working hard and is showing improvement with the program.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Thanks! But like I said before, don't think I have done enough yet to be considered the best girls coach.

Maybe not (in your opinion) but you do have the girls headed in the right direction!! Keep up the good work!!
Mark Baldwin @ Paintsville. Great job every year with his kids. Built the program from the ground up. Truly gets the job done.
Tricky Wrote:Let's not even go there.

It's his first year as a Head Coach. The other coaches mentioned have established themselves as year end and year out contenders for Dsitrict and Regional titles.

Although he may be a good coach and he may someday be considered with the elite group of coaches. As of right now he is not.

He has totally turned the team around, how can he not be considered one of the best....he is a great coach that has brought a lot out of his team. The lady cards are now 12-4, its not the best record but a really big improvement....so i agree that he is one of the best. I dont see how you can disagree.
The Guru Wrote:JR has already let it be known that he hasn't done nearly enough yet to be mentioned for this, but he is working hard and is showing improvement with the program.
Wow!!! After the edit, my post just looks kinda stupid now!!!
Thanks a lot phs1986!Wink Big Grin
What about about Coach Halbert(spelling?) from Pikeville. She's still pretty young and has a good future ahead of her. She has done a decent job at Pikeville.
My vote goes to Rodney Rowe. Not just because I'm a Valley fan, but I think he's earned it by winning the 15th Region All A championship in his first season as girls' coach. Also, he has had to do some serious re-vamping of game plans since the loss of Roberts. One person does not make a team, but Sally's injury had to seriously affect his coaching strategy.
all-or-nothing Wrote:My vote goes to Rodney Rowe. Not just because I'm a Valley fan, but I think he's earned it by winning the 15th Region All A championship in his first season as girls' coach. Also, he has had to do some serious re-vamping of game plans since the loss of Roberts. One person does not make a team, but Sally's injury had to seriously affect his coaching strategy.

i think Rowe is a good coach but winning the All-A by no means make him the best coach. I think Rowe is a coach that can make great things happen is one of the best yes but if you want to look at re-vamping game plans. What about Butcher last season when he lost Ratliff at the beginning of Jan and didn't get her back until right b-4 district and only lost 4 games during that time. IMO he has to be considered the best coach in the 15th i mean he has been in the regional championship every year he has coached thus far compiling a record thus far of 53-26 a winning percentage of 70 percent one district and regional runner-up, one district and regional championship and a trip to the final four of the sweet sixteen.
Very good argument. Butcher is definitely one of the best.
all-or-nothing Wrote:Very good argument. Butcher is definitely one of the best.

Well just to let you know i see what you are saying about Rowe as well. I think if you place him as the coach when they were so good the past couple of years then they may have beat Pike Central. its all if an and buts so idk lol... But i like a lot of our coaches in the 15th.

Another great thing about Butcher is he has overcome many adversities. In the beginning when they were hiring the new coach which became Butcher many of the parents sat in the cafe displaying how much they did not want him.
Ouch!

Well, I was impressed that Coach Rowe decided to go back into coaching at the Valley after the way he was "booted" out a few years ago by the administration and the parental community at the time. But, I don't want to get into that or get this thread off topic.

How about if we agree that based on the last five years' experience, record, and adversities, Butcher wins for best coach in the 15th. Man, that's hard for me to say. Wink BUT, overall, I would pick Coach Rowe.

Next, I'm gonna start a thread for the best assistant coach. ANd the winner is......Paula Coomer! Just kidding Johnny. We love Coach Alvin!
all-or-nothing Wrote:Ouch!

Well, I was impressed that Coach Rowe decided to go back into coaching at the Valley after the way he was "booted" out a few years ago by the administration and the parental community at the time. But, I don't want to get into that or get this thread off topic.

How about if we agree that based on the last five years' experience, record, and adversities, Butcher wins for best coach in the 15th. Man, that's hard for me to say. Wink BUT, overall, I would pick Coach Rowe.

Next, I'm gonna start a thread for the best assistant coach. ANd the winner is......Paula Coomer! Just kidding Johnny. We love Coach Alvin!

lol alright agreed lol i have finally agreed with someone on this site lol
Cards_10 Wrote:He has totally turned the team around, how can he not be considered one of the best....he is a great coach that has brought a lot out of his team. The lady cards are now 12-4, its not the best record but a really big improvement....so i agree that he is one of the best. I dont see how you can disagree.

It's very simple and easy to say; that he isn't considered in the same group with the other Coaches!

Again for the first year girl coaches:
Coach Rowe, although he it's his first year as Shelby Valley's, Girls Head Coach. He was a heck of a coach and won a Region and other big games. when he was the Shebly Valley, Boys head Coach.
J.R. was a heck of a player, high school, college and a good assistant for Bill Mike at Paintsville. But it's his first year. He even said that it's too early to put him in with the others.
Rice, what is his resume, that he can be considered, in the same group as Wireman, Butcher, Miller and Rowe?

These coaches, have several District and Regional Championships attached with their names.
to me a good coach you must have good players.wireman,bucther,miller,spears and rowe have been blessed with good players.They are good coaches and get alot out of their players.good luck to all the coaches and players.A good coach is someone who can get the most out of the least!!!!!
Pages: 1 2