Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 52, Clay Co. 50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WOW!!!! What a game!!! The Dawgs got off to a slow start but came to life in the second half to catch up and slowly move into the lead. Clay Co. wasn't about to go down without a fight and the game went into OT. Hazard wins by 2 in OT. This was a historic game because it pitted Al Holland, new coach of the Bulldogs against Kevin Spurlock, the Bulldog's former coach.

GOOD JOB DAWGS!!!

When the going gets tough the Dawgs get going!!!
Congrats Dawgs..I knew this one would come down to the final seconds!
The saying "A thing of beauty is a joy forever," comes to mind when I think of ballgame victories. Unfortunately, this game certainly could not be called "a thing of beauty," but I guess I would have to put it in the "joy forever," column because I was so glad that it was over! Hazard started the game in a true funk. Passes went askew, baskets that usually would have gone in easily clanked off the rims and we look so flat it was pitiful. I don't know if it was the player's being star struck by the Clay County reputation and the fact our old coach, Kevin Spurlock, was their leader, or what, but the first half was unbelievable...Hazard only scored 17 points for goodness sake.

I'm sure that Knott County will have to go into Hazard's locker room and do some quick painting today because Al probably peeled all the paint off the walls at halftime and the dogs came out looking like a different team in the third quarter and finally played some decent ball. We eventually took the lead, and after some really questionable calls, or lack of calls, (in my opinion) we ended in ovetime. Hazard then held on for the victory!

Hopefully, this will get the "bad game" out of our system and we will come out looking like the respectible team we agaiinst Clay County!

Go Dawgs!
As I had stated in an earlier post, this was one of the games that we can add to the WYMT memorable list. IMO the call the referee didn't make at the end of regulation time was the proper thing to do . This let the players dictate the outcome of this hard played game on the floor instead of in the blowing of a referee's whistle. Hard fought game by both teams . Good win Bull Dogs.

uk96

Hazard better play better against Cumberland or they will be in trouble...
Hard fought battle by the BULLDOGS!!!!!!!! Nice win............Play hard and we will come out victorious!!!!!!!!! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I watched the game on the internet and was not really impressed by either team. I think Hazard will have their hands completely full when they meet Cumberland and they will not survive that game with the victory.
uk96 Wrote:Hazard better play better against Cumberland or they will be in trouble...

Yeah I sure hope Hazard wins so they can beat up on JBS in the final.
Survivor Wrote:Yeah I sure hope Hazard wins so they can beat up on JBS in the final.
JBS will have to get by a good pikeville team first.
Too bad they got to beat JBS to win the tournament ...lol
Great game, the first half had me a little worried but they pulled it together and came out with the "W" against a hard fighting Clay County. Congrats to the Dawgs...............
pickandroll Wrote:Too bad they got to beat JBS to win the tournament ...lol
Hazard will be playing Pikeville in the consolation game

uk96

Survivor Wrote:Yeah I sure hope Hazard wins so they can beat up on JBS in the final.

Be careful what you wish for....
uk96 Wrote:Be careful what you wish for....
I don't think no one is scared of playing JBS
JOBAKKA Wrote:I don't think no one is scared of playing JBS

Maybe they should, like someone said be careful what you wish for!!!
Closer than I would have thought.
congrats hazard
Congrats Hazard!
JOBAKKA Wrote:I don't think no one is scared of playing JBS

maybe not right at this moment, to be honest, i don't see them even making it to jbs, but i hope they do, i love to watch jbs beat hazard
Hazard has a good team, but so does Clay County. There is nobody in the mountains that play as hard as the Tigers. If DJ Wilson has his normal game, the Tigers win fairly easy. It was a great effort by the Tigers though. They are proving they can play with anybody. One thing the kids have to realize is who there scorers are. Hobbs and Wilson need to take the majority of he shots. Hobbs had 10 the first quarter, and then it seemed as if he didn't get the touches.
Scared of JBS OK