Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: what do u all think about
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the Civic Center being built in Pikeville?

i love the idea...
might bring in bigger names for concerts.
and a great place to hold the Regional Tourny.
Where is it gonna be at? When's it gonna be finished?
lol i cant believe u havent saw it
it is goin to be right beside the jail and movies in Pikeville
it is big. dunno when it will be done
I haven't been to Pikeville since October or something.
lol it was being built then
Well I didn't pay attention haha.
lol i dont see how u could miss it
i am really excited about it. in a few years i would say that some pretty big names will be willing to stop there on a tour. alot of people from all over would come. if people from around pikeville is willing to travel to lexington, ohio, west virginia, virginia, and etc. i think that some people would be willing to come there for a concert espically if the person that they are wanting to see comes to pikeville before they come to a city near them.

i agree about a great regional tourney spot. i dont think that most of the gyms around here hold a crowd like that comfortably.

local stars will probably get some chances to perform there and i know that stars that are from kentucky like rebecca lynn howard and stuff will come back and perform there.

i expect great things from that civic center. i heard that it would be done around the fall of this year.
I think people are going to freak out over it for about a week, kind of like they did with Krystal. Then it'll just turn into Pikeville's own Mountain Arts Center and suck ass.
thats what i am afraid of GF but it may do better than the MAC. cause look it is in the center of downtown Pikeville. got more draw than the MAC i think. plus basketball games will be played there so it wont be a total loss.
I dont' see too may big name bands and preformers making it their, because i don't think the city of pikeville will be able to pay for the concert.. and the place might draw a big enough crowd to cover everything, but i don't knwo..
i really dont think it will do much.
well lets hope it does
be good for our area if it does
yeah it would be good.. i hope it works out..
thats what i am saying. i hope that something great happens there. im really excited though to see how everything turns out.
have u all heard of anything as to who will be coming to the civic center?
I dont think it will draw to many big names to preform there, unless you count the "has beens" It isnt gonna be big enough to pull in the top names in any business now. They go where the money will be, not where the change is. But I also think it would bring smaller acts to the area. I think they should have like a amature night once a month for locals to go in to either sing, do little plays, stuff like that. I think that is something that is needed in the area, a way for local people to get involved with projects and stuff.
I think that it could be a good idea
looks good to me but like Basketballonlyfan said i dont think any big names will ever be there