Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 91 Prestonsburg 86
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final!

Exciting game to watch from a fans point of view or if you were a Sheldon Clark fan, but Prestonsburg just shot themselves in the foot way too many times there in the 4th quarter. A couple of the guards made some bad decisions with the ball for the Blackcats, and the Cardinals where hitting everything they shot in the second half. The Cardinals defense on Jordan Hall was excellent, Hall still finished with (unofficially) 16 pts. Burchett also had a good game for the Blackcats with around 20. Taylor Clark done a great job hustling tonight and made some very nice moves and passes, Jody Tackett is still struggling but it will come to him soon. Stephens had a decent game, I'd say finishing with around 10pts. I seen alot of improvement on the offensive end for the Blackcats but defense still allowed alot of points on there full-court defense.... Congrats Cards!

Keep your heads up Blackcats even though you didn't win you still played a good game.
Nice win SC. Congrats.
Wow, Nice W for SC.
Good win S.C.!
Good win for SC. Both teams had been slumping somewhat of late. I picked P-burg to win, but I was wrong again.
Congrats to Sheldon Clark.
Both teams did play a good game, their was a few bad passes by the Cats, but overall both teams played well.

Congrats Sheldon Clark
The cats had this one under control and beat themselves in the 4th quarter. Pburg is alot better than what there record shows IMO.
Congrats to the Cards.
SC is also alot better than there record shows.....also they play without starter Damen Hensley on the inside due to a high ankle sprain and he will be out 6 to 8 weeks....but for the game the cards never gave up....ryan mollette play a good game with 17 i think horn had 30 and goble had 13 moore had 10 and stroud had 11 i think but nice game for the cards bring on the hornets....
oh yea the score was 91 to 86....lol
fan_14 Wrote:oh yea the score was 91 to 86....lol

Thank you for correcting me.
Your welcome I wasn't being smart or anything.
Congrats Sheldon Clark!
fan_14 Wrote:Your welcome I wasn't being smart or anything.

Sure... Rolleyes

Just kidding with you.Wink
Good win for Sheldon Clark.
Good win for the cards tonight had 3 players in double figures
all i remember was Brady Horn had 30.
Don't know any of the stats from this game but it must to have been a shootout. Good win Cardinals over a hard playing Prestonsburg team.
Tough loss for the blackcats, keep your heads up
I thought that lack of bench play & pburgs full court defense hurt them in the 2nd half.
1st & 2nd halves were 2 different ball-games. S.C. must have gotten 8 to 10 lay-ups in the 2nd half.
b-ball_guy Wrote:I thought that lack of bench play & pburgs full court defense hurt them in the 2nd half.
1st & 2nd halves were 2 different ball-games. S.C. must have gotten 8 to 10 lay-ups in the 2nd half.

I thought so too, but Coach Crisp never switched up his defense and thats what killed the Blackcats.
There didn't seem to be near as many fans there last night to support the Cats as there were in the past. Student section was even pretty tame.
b-ball_guy Wrote:There didn't seem to be near as many fans there last night to support the Cats as there were in the past. Student section was even pretty tame.

I don't know whats up with our fans anymore. The only people that show up are the family of the players and about 30 students. Ever since the football team had that bad season in '05 the fans really haven't cared that much about Blackcat athletics.
WOW I'm surprised.....and happy! Way to go Cards! Maybe you can turn things around!
Congrats Cards!
Congrats SC
congrats cardinals!
UnderArmour24 Wrote:The cats had this one under control and beat themselves in the 4th quarter. Pburg is alot better than what there record shows IMO.
I agree. Pburg needs to learn that there is not an I in team and start playing team ball.
blackcat_student Wrote:I don't know whats up with our fans anymore. The only people that show up are the family of the players and about 30 students. Ever since the football team had that bad season in '05 the fans really haven't cared that much about Blackcat athletics.
What does a bad football season in '05 have to do with fans not supporting the basketball team?
The basketball team is horrible. That's what's up with the fans. Winning 10 or less games a year isn't going to pack the stands.

And please don't tell me that Prestonsburg tried the full court press all night? This has never worked for Prestonsburg. Even when I played there, the full court press just was not effective. We would always get beat down the floor for easy transition baskets for our opponents. The thing that worked the most for us was the 3-2 zone. Kept our opponents from shooting outside shots, and usually in the 15th region you don't have many big men so keeping 2 downlow on the blocks was plenty.
Pages: 1 2