Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tom Jackson in Pre-Game Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Might not be a pre-game show, but it's about football on ESPN, they're talking about how the Chargers won't go to the Super Bowl becausse Philip Rivers is a questionable quarterback, and Tom Jackson says "name the last team that made a Super Bowl with a questionable quarterback." Emmitt Smith and Chris Bermann just stare at him, and I thought "why aren't they saying anything and why won't they back him up?"

Then it hit me, the last time a team made it to the Super Bowl with a questionable quarterback was.............. Rex Grossman- last year.

Thoughts? Objections?
That's pretty funny. I hate that I missed it, I flipped up 1 channel to World's Strongest Man lol.
He might be a questionable QB this year but he played great last year didn't he?
Glad nobody's disagreeing because I thought this was so obvious there had to be something I was missing.

So much for Tom being a football expert.
LOL, No Vundy not really. He had a few great games but doesn't nearly every QB have their good games. He was nothing special last year IMO.
vundy33 Wrote:He might be a questionable QB this year but he played great last year didn't he?

Apparently you forgot that Tomlinson won the MVP and broke the NFL record for rushing TD's. Yeah Rivers had a few good games last season but he is for sure a questionable QB but he didn't play good at all last year.
-STAT- Wrote:Apparently you forgot that Tomlinson won the MVP and broke the NFL record for rushing TD's. Yeah Rivers had a few good games last season but he is for sure a questionable QB but he didn't play good at all last year.

What are you talking about? I was talking about Rex Grossman.
The Ravens won a super bowl with a questionable QB. So did the '91 Redskins. What those teams have in common with the Chargers is they were very talented at almost every other position.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:The Ravens won a super bowl with a questionable QB. So did the '91 Redskins. What those teams have in common with the Chargers is they were very talented at almost every other position.
Calling Dilfer questionable is being VERY VERY nice
vundy33 Wrote:What are you talking about? I was talking about Rex Grossman.

Sheww my bad man, I thought you were talking about Rivers, lol.