Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, and Seether Coming To Expo Center
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Concert is scheduled for Wednesday, March 19.

http://www.eastkyexpo.com/index.php?opti...9&Itemid=1
Havn't they been there before? Let's hope that the Expo tries to get some new ppl in instead of just bringing the same back.
Yeah, I was about to say the same thing.

Isn't this pretty much the same concert they had last year?

I REALLY wish the Expo Center would bring in some artists I actually WANT to see. Not this generic crap that's on the radio 24/7.
Well whatever...Ill end up going to watch it. But yea CE I wish new artist whold come to the expo.
Here are some artists I recommend for the Expo Center:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Fall Out Boy
Dropkick Murphys
The Decembrists
Coheed and Cambria
Anberlin
Dave Matthews Band
Foo Fighters
The Fray
Hellogoodbye
Jack Johnson
John Mayer
Kings of Leon
Michael Buble
Modest Mouse
My Chemical Romance
Panic! at the Disco
Plain White T's
Relient K
Rooney
Ryan Adams
Snow Patrol
The Strokes
Taking Back Sunday
Weezer
Cake

Most of these bands do not charge outrageous performance fees and a lot of them play at places like Headliners in Louisville and Bogart's in Cincy. Both Headliners and Bogarts are smaller than the Expo Center.
Three Days Grace and Seether have been to the Expo Center before... But the one I want to see is Breaking Benjamin, BB hasn't been to the expo before but where scheduled to come with Staind but backed out a few months before the concert.
I thought 3 Days Grace was the only band that has been to the expo so far? Seether was scheduled to once but couldn't because he was in rehab or something. I might try to check this out. When do tickets go on sale?
alfus21 Wrote:I thought 3 Days Grace was the only band that has been to the expo so far? Seether was scheduled to once but couldn't because he was in rehab or something. I might try to check this out. When do tickets go on sale?

I thought that Seether opened up for Godsmack... But I'm probably wrong.Smile
This is a pretty good card.. I would love to see Corey Smith or Chris Knight come to the expo! ****, bring em' both!
They was Great @ Huntington, i am definitly catching this show cause the last one was absolutely great
Yea C.E. Foo Fighters and Weezer would be great to see, but I just dont see them coming, maybe Weezer but I still would think they are to high of a act.
blackcat_student Wrote:I thought that Seether opened up for Godsmack... But I'm probably wrong.Smile

nope.. soil & crossfade opened for Godsmack...
Seether & Three Days Grace came with Staind back in August
I'm gonna try to go. Sounds like a pretty good card.

They need to have some UFC events at the Expo!
ComfortEagle Wrote:Here are some artists I recommend for the Expo Center:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Fall Out Boy
Dropkick Murphys
The Decembrists
Coheed and Cambria
Anberlin
Dave Matthews Band
Foo Fighters
The Fray
Hellogoodbye
Jack Johnson
John Mayer
Kings of Leon
Michael Buble
Modest Mouse
My Chemical Romance
Panic! at the Disco
Plain White T's
Relient K
Rooney
Ryan Adams
Snow Patrol
The Strokes
Taking Back Sunday
Weezer
Cake

Most of these bands do not charge outrageous performance fees and a lot of them play at places like Headliners in Louisville and Bogart's in Cincy. Both Headliners and Bogarts are smaller than the Expo Center.

I'm pretty sure that there's a member in the Plain White T's that is from the Johns Creek area because when I was in town last summer they performed in JCMS.
vundy33 Wrote:I'm pretty sure that there's a member in the Plain White T's that is from the Johns Creek area because when I was in town last summer they performed in JCMS.

Hmm thats pretty cool if it's true. It's true when nothing beats Eastern Kentucky, I can't wait to move back!
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Yea C.E. Foo Fighters and Weezer would be great to see, but I just dont see them coming, maybe Weezer but I still would think they are to high of a act.

No one is too high of an act if you pay them. Big Grin
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:This is a pretty good card.. I would love to see Corey Smith or Chris Knight come to the expo! ****, bring em' both!

I've seen Corey Smith, but I doubt he would sell out the Expo Center. IDK, but I doubt it.

He should be pretty cheap though, so why not. Anyone but this Seether, BB crap.
3 of my fave bands. Anyone know when tickets go on sale?
Next Friday, the 11th
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:This is a pretty good card.. I would love to see Corey Smith or Chris Knight come to the expo! ****, bring em' both!

You talk about real music right there!
Saw the same concert in Huntington. It was a great concert. I would love to go and see this one again but I can not afford to miss my Bio and Chem classes. But still it is a good act to bring in for the younger crowd who will spend the most money for tickets, merch. and consessions.

**** YES....
Corey Smith charges around $8,000 a show, I just emailed his manager, LOL....Let's push it and see how far it goes!
ComfortEagle Wrote:Here are some artists I recommend for the Expo Center:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Fall Out Boy
Dropkick Murphys
The Decembrists
Coheed and Cambria
Anberlin
Dave Matthews Band
Foo Fighters
The Fray
Hellogoodbye
Jack Johnson
John Mayer
Kings of Leon
Michael Buble
Modest Mouse
My Chemical Romance
Panic! at the Disco
Plain White T's
Relient K
Rooney
Ryan Adams
Snow Patrol
The Strokes
Taking Back Sunday
Weezer
Cake

in an earlier post you said you wished the Expo would get rid of this "generic" crap thats on the radio 24/7. When looking at your list 90% have had their share of time on the radio at sometime or another. Good list though i agree with the majority. Here is the problem however, most of the bands you mentioned have so many stipulations its hard to bring them in. Most of the bands you said mentioned will not come to Pikeville until they are has beens, I hate to say it but it is true.
Oh I have seen Corey Smith 3 times and have seen Chris Knight around 10 times. Both put on GREAT shows and play for 3 hours.
I never said that some of the artists on my list hadn't had radio time. In fact, if you have satellite radio, they are all on there.

But I'm talking about popular radio/modern rock stations that plays the same 10 songs all day long.

As for your mention of stipulations, I think you're mistaken on what they are. There are no bands to my knowledge that have any stipulations in their riders that say that can't play a certain location or don't want to play in a certain state or city. It's all about getting paid. Some may have limits on the minimum number of seats or tickets that a venue can sell, but as for most of the bands on my list, they don't.

DMB often plays in bars, clubs, and small venues. Coheed plays at Bogarts often which isn't a huge place.

The Expo Center is a big enough venue for ticket sales or attendance not to matter.

I really disagree with your "stipulation" argument. Contract riders are little things in an artists contract that specify what an artist must have at each venue and it's usually little petty things like "artist must have brown M&M's backstage, "artist must have only Evian water", or "artists must use only a Pearl drum set." They are not "artist doesn't want to play in Kentucky even if they make $50,000."

It's all about $$$, they don't care if they're in Kalamazoo or New York City, as long as they are getting paid.

I think the problem at the Expo Center is lack of money and/or lack of faith in bringing in different artists. But I guarantee if they brought in any of the bands I mentioned they could sell those shows out.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I never said that some of the artists on my list hadn't had radio time. In fact, if you have satellite radio, they are all on there.

But I'm talking about popular radio/modern rock stations that plays the same 10 songs all day long.

As for your mention of stipulations, I think you're mistaken on what they are. There are no bands to my knowledge that have any stipulations in their riders that say that can't play a certain location or don't want to play in a certain state or city. It's all about getting paid. Some may have limits on the minimum number of seats or tickets that a venue can sell, but as for most of the bands on my list, they don't.

DMB often plays in bars, clubs, and small venues. Coheed plays at Bogarts often which isn't a huge place.

The Expo Center is a big enough venue for ticket sales or attendance not to matter.

I really disagree with your "stipulation" argument. Contract riders are little things in an artists contract that specify what an artist must have at each venue and it's usually little petty things like "artist must have brown M&M's backstage, "artist must have only Evian water", or "artists must use only a Pearl drum set." They are not "artist doesn't want to play in Kentucky even if they make $50,000."

It's all about $$$, they don't care if they're in Kalamazoo or New York City, as long as they are getting paid.

I think the problem at the Expo Center is lack of money and/or lack of faith in bringing in different artists. But I guarantee if they brought in any of the bands I mentioned they could sell those shows out.

ok ill give you one right here and right now Relient K would not play at the Expo for July Jam b/c it did not seat enough. You may not think it CE but their are plus Bogarts is a venue where all bands on that particular scence go to. They know they can get a good turn out.

Also i just thought it was kinda contradicting saying that the Expo needed to stop getteting "generic" bands who you can listen to all the time on the radio when you list mentioned basicly all the bands we hear on the radio.
I have some to recommend for the Expo:

Daughtry
Avenged Sevenfold
Bullet for My Valentine
Finger 11
Tool
NIN
I saw Breaking Benjamin in Louisville, I thought they put on a pretty solid show. I hope its during spring break because I would love to go see them again and Seether.
Pages: 1 2