Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 66, Gate City (VA) 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final per KHSAA.org.

Listened to a little bit on the radio, last I heard Valley was up 29-14 just before halftime. Jonah Justice already had 11 points by then according to the radio guys.

Anyone with any stats please post 'em.
Valley will walk through a weak region. I wish the 15th and 14th were stronger but thats life.
Not an especially pretty game to watch. The game was physical at times and neither team shot the ball that well. Valley forced 30 Gate City turnovers and controlled the game with their defense. Shelby Valley passed the ball extremely well tonight, and played excellent defense.
The radio reported Jacob Bryant with 13, Elisha Justice with 12, and Tyler Newsome with 10..... I think..... I'm sure DortonWildcat5 will give us the official stats later...
The Private Wrote:valley will walk throgh a weak region.I wish the 15th and 14th were stronger but thats life.

Heck the rest of the teams should just forfiet the rest of their seasons then. Rolleyes
Remarks like this is why so many people give SV posters heck.
Gate City needed to control their emotions, they sent Jacob Bryant and Elisha to the locker room both bleeding from the nose, and then hit Elisha in the stomach.
Jacob Bryant had 13 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists.
Jonah Justice had 12 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 steals.
Elisha had 12 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 steals.
Tyler Newsome had 10 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists.
Ashley Hatfield had 7 points and 7 rebounds.
Logan Bryant had 4 points, 3 assists, and 7 steals.
Curby Tackett had 4 points, 2 rebounds, and 3 blocks.
Cody Varney had 4 points and 2 steals.

Valley shot 29-60 (48%) from the field, unofficially.
They shot 5-21 (23%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 3-10 (30%) from the free throw line.
They had 13 turnovers, 22 steals, and 19 assists.

Gate City shot 16-53 (30%) from the field.
They shot 1-10 (10%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 10-15 (67%) from the free throw line.
Congrats Valley
Valley had numerous blocks tonight on a very big team, Gate City was not over sized at all by Valley.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Jacob Bryant had 13 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists.
Jonah Justice had 12 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 steals.
Elisha had 12 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 steals.
Tyler Newsome had 10 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists.
Ashley Hatfield had 7 points and 7 rebounds.
Logan Bryant had 4 points, 3 assists, and 7 steals.
Curby Tackett had 4 points, 2 rebounds, and 3 blocks.
Cody Varney had 4 points and 2 steals.

Valley shot 29-60 (48%) from the field, unofficially.
They shot 5-21 (23%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 3-10 (30%) from the free throw line.
They had 13 turnovers, 22 steals, and 19 assists.

Gate City shot 16-53 (30%) from the field.
They shot 1-10 (10%) from the 3 point line.

They shot 10-15 (67%) from the free throw line.

The reason SV is so good, is because of what is Highlighted...They take care of the ball(13 TO's), play great and very intense "D"(22 steals), and they play well together(22 assists)...They didnt shoot the ball well from the outside or the charity stripe, but when you do everything else so good, you still can win...
KEEP THIS ON TOPIC!!!!!

This one is close to being closed!!!
I'll give ya that. But, thay have played a few tough teams as well. #1 in KY and WV. But, let's just forget it so we don't screw this thread up to bad. IF they play it will be one heck of a game that is all I know.
Guys, please keep the discussion on this game or about one of the teams in the game. Leave the discussion about Paintsville or other area teams to separate threads...
Thanks OTH...
Congrats Valley! I didn't think they would have trouble with Gate City, even though it sounds like they didn't play to their usual ability.
phs1986 Wrote:KEEP THIS ON TOPIC!!!!!

This one is close to being closed!!!

I'm very confused! Must have missed something.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I'm very confused! Must have missed something.

Some people decided to turn this into a Valley vs. Paintsville thread, which PHS was right to put a stop to. I think everyone has cooled it now, though.
OK.

Thanks.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Valley had numerous blocks tonight on a very big team, Gate City was not over sized at all by Valley.

Valley had 7 blocks, unofficially.
A great defensive game for SV. A little over passing and missing some easy shots. (1st 3 shots didn't hit iron) but man that Defense, on loose balls that you'd think there wasn't anyway to get to them, Logan and Elisha were digging them up.
Congrats to SV.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Valley had 7 blocks, unofficially.

One by Kirby was awesome, he is really playing great.
congrats valley! keep up the good work.
A very very rough game. Refs were allowing alot of contact but yep that is right up Valley's alley. Very physical defense tired Gate City down from the start. Valley is still trucking after an impressive showing up in NY. (Still can't believe that they are enduring the loss of Newsome like this).
They played good enough to drain the other team and extend the lead.

Brief overview of the game*
Congrats Valley!
I thought one of SV big men hurt their knee?
Very pysical game.hard but easy win for the Valley
kj52 Wrote:I thought one of SV big men hurt their knee?

Taylor Newsome is who you are thinking of, Kurby Tackett and Jonah Justice have stepped right in to fill his shoes and the Wildcats haven't missed beat.
With Bacon being out, if he is able to return to full strength by next year it will help them immensly that he was out this year, it is allowing Kurby to develop into a big threat on both ends of the court.
Panther Thunder Wrote:With Bacon being out, if he is able to return to full strength by next year it will help them immensly that he was out this year, it is allowing Kurby to develop into a big threat on both ends of the court.

Very very true. I have seen a HUGE difference in his game this season. I thought the same thing with Taylor when he was playing so good against all of the Louisville teams.