Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott Little
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone have any info on how Mr Little is coming along with his rehab? Are things still coming along as planned? I know it's gettin close to players start really working out, and was wondering what the latest word on him was.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Does anyone have any info on how Mr Little is coming along with his rehab? Are things still coming along as planned? I know it's gettin close to players start really working out, and was wondering what the latest word on him was.
I talked to Scott today he is throwing three days a week. The program Dr. Kremchek has him on started with 35 throws a session the first of Dec. Scott said he was up to about 100 throws a session now. He can begin thorwing off the mound the first week of Febuary and if everything continues to go well he would be able to pitch in games the middle of April. I also know that he works out five days a week and has but on about 20 pounds. So good luck Scott.
Glad to hear things are looking good for Scott. Best of luck Scott- hope to see you on the mound this spring.
Thats really good to hear. I've heard one rumor that he wouldn't be able to pitch until District Tournament. Let's hope to see him at the start of the season and at 100%.
I got a chance to talk to scott the other day, he has indeed gottin bigger, and does workout 5days a week, along with his throwing program. He said that he feels great. I hope he keeps up the hard work.
Hope he gets to play some his senior year. He loves the sport
Great to hear he's getting better. He was a fun thrower to watch.
bad hop Wrote:I talked to Scott today he is throwing three days a week. The program Dr. Kremchek has him on started with 35 throws a session the first of Dec. Scott said he was up to about 100 throws a session now. He can begin thorwing off the mound the first week of Febuary and if everything continues to go well he would be able to pitch in games the middle of April. I also know that he works out five days a week and has but on about 20 pounds. So good luck Scott.

Scott has a tough mentality and will be successful. I look forward to seeing this kid on the mound at the next level. I hope for a speedy recovery so that he can be a factor for Allen Central this season.
Best of luck
I just he doesn't rush back, just for high school.
OffTheHook Wrote:I just he doesn't rush back, just for high school.

That's true. From all that I know about Tommy John surgery, there is a good 22 month full recovery period, and Scott is looking like he is trying to return to the mound in about 8 months? Not so sure of the wisdom on his part in this. Part of the reason he had had to have surgery to begin with is not taking proper care of his arm. Scott has a good enough name out there that he could still play at the next level and never pick up a baseball his senior season. I know that is not something that I am sure that he prefers to even think about, because not playing your senior season is tough. He still has a chance to help get his education paid for. Screw it up one more time from being impatient, and that could be the end of his career. I know Scott is a tough individual, but being tough has nothing to do with recovering from this type of injury. It takes time.
OffTheHook Wrote:I just he doesn't rush back, just for high school.
I understand that Scott will not be throwing more than 2-3 innings a week and that will be worked in with his rehab program. He will not even be pitching in games untill mid-april. On the good side Scott said that the doctor said that he could play most positions as soon as season starts.
This kid had and hopefully has the most potentional I have seen in many years I wish him the best of luck in his rehab.
bad hop Wrote:I understand that Scott will not be throwing more than 2-3 innings a week and that will be worked in with his rehab program. He will not even be pitching in games untill mid-april. On the good side Scott said that the doctor said that he could play most positions as soon as season starts.

Well, I think I would go somewhere else (NOT down town Martin) and get a second opinion. Cause I agree with Mr. Kimball. It would be just flat out STUPID to put this kid's career in jerpody just to try and win some high school baseball games. Yes he may be tough. But, someone needs to be responsible and step up and show this kid the big picture. I would hate to be the one that rushes him back and him end up hurting himself again and end up under the mound looking for coal instead of on the mound throwing gems!
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, I think I would go somewhere else (NOT down town Martin) and get a second opinion. Cause I agree with Mr. Kimball. It would be just flat out STUPID to put this kid's career in jerpody just to try and win some high school baseball games. Yes he may be tough. But, someone needs to be responsible and step up and show this kid the big picture. I would hate to be the one that rushes him back and him end up hurting himself again and end up under the mound looking for coal instead of on the mound throwing gems!
Well i guess that players like Scott Rolan, Ryan Dempster and a few dozen more pro players should need to see a different doctor. Since Scott Little's doctor is Tim Kremchek. Kremchek is the team doctor for the Reds he also cares for many pro players. READ the post 2-3 innings a week after mid april to be worked in with his rehab. No One is saying that Scott is going out to throw 100 pitches a game. Full recovery from Tommy John surgery is usually 15-18 months, but even most pro players are pitching some in the minors after 8 or 9 months its part of rahab. I know that Scott thanks everyone for their concern and he is doing everything he can to recover from this. Also, one of the times Scott seen Kremchek, Kremchek was doing the physical on the Red's new closer which was required before the Red's gave the guy 45 million $$$$$. I believe if the Reds can trust this doctor to do a 45 million $$$$ physical you guys should be able to trust him too.
bad hop Wrote:Well i guess that players like Scott Rolan, Ryan Dempster and a few dozen more pro players should need to see a different doctor. Since Scott Little's doctor is Tim Kremchek. Kremchek is the team doctor for the Reds he also cares for many pro players. READ the post 2-3 innings a week after mid april to be worked in with his rehab. No One is saying that Scott is going out to throw 100 pitches a game. Full recovery from Tommy John surgery is usually 15-18 months, but even most pro players are pitching some in the minors after 8 or 9 months its part of rahab. I know that Scott thanks everyone for their concern and he is doing everything he can to recover from this. Also, one of the times Scott seen Kremchek, Kremchek was doing the physical on the Red's new closer which was required before the Red's gave the guy 45 million $$$$$. I believe if the Reds can trust this doctor to do a 45 million $$$$ physical you guys should be able to trust him too.

Look at the Reds pitching staff. That should tell you enough right there. lol
OffTheHook Wrote:Look at the Reds pitching staff. That should tell you enough right there. lol
You mean that Scott could be as good as Aaron Harang who was second in the national league with 218 K's. I am sure that Scott will be glad to hear about your support.
its good to give this kid support, but dont you think your blowing him up a little bit by saying he is the top pitcher in the 15th, i can think of atleast 4 pitchers in the 57th district that are better, maybe not velocity, but much better pitchers..nothing against him i just think a reality check needs to happen sometime..
OMG Wrote:its good to give this kid support, but dont you think your blowing him up a little bit by saying he is the top pitcher in the 15th, i can think of atleast 4 pitchers in the 57th district that are better, maybe not velocity, but much better pitchers..nothing against him i just think a reality check needs to happen sometime..

Did I miss a post somewhere.? No where in this thread did I see anyone say Scott was the top pitcher in the 15th region.
OMG Wrote:its good to give this kid support, but dont you think your blowing him up a little bit by saying he is the top pitcher in the 15th, i can think of atleast 4 pitchers in the 57th district that are better, maybe not velocity, but much better pitchers..nothing against him i just think a reality check needs to happen sometime..

At least 4? I cant in blue blazes figure that one out.:confused:
Or green, or red or ANY color blazes. I assume its okay for OMG to name names and let us have a healthy discussion about it, as long as we dont get negative about anyone. My brain is fizzled trying to come up with 1 or 2 in the whole 15th that are stronger. Possibility of one at Paintsville is really all that comes to mind right off for me.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Or green, or red or ANY color blazes. I assume its okay for OMG to name names and let us have a healthy discussion about it, as long as we dont get negative about anyone. My brain is fizzled trying to come up with 1 or 2 in the whole 15th that are stronger. Possibility of one at Paintsville is really all that comes to mind right off for me.

Chandler Shepherd
Shane Grimm
Jeff Cyrus
based on what i seen a couple of times this summer Louis Michaels
OMG Wrote:Chandler Shepherd
Shane Grimm
Jeff Cyrus
They are all great kids but I can agree with maybe only one. Heck, throw Mike Conley in the mix if that is the 4 you are going with.
OMG Wrote:Chandler Shepherd
Shane Grimm
Jeff Cyrus
If you are going with how a pitcher pitches by spotting, locating, and changing speeds , and not worry about velocity to enter this discussion, you better look no further than Dillon Stiltner from Phelps country anyways. He may be best at that to begin with.
Any kid that can hit 87 on the gun in the regional tournament with his arm just barely hanging on after being misused and abused for three years has to be given more credit than you are giving him. Fyffe could crank one up every now and then, but a healthy Little might have been throwing harder than Fyffe. Basicly that is all Fyffe was, just a fastball pitcher, with an average slider thrown in, here and there.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Any kid that can hit 87 on the gun in the regional tournament with his arm just barely hanging on after being misused and abused for three years has to be given more credit than you are giving him. Fyffe could crank one up every now and then, but a healthy Little might have been throwing harder than Fyffe. Basicly that is all Fyffe was, just a fastball pitcher, with an average slider thrown in, here and there.
You can't say that all Matt Fyffe had was just a fastball. He had a very good slider and a good change-up and has the tools to do very well at the Division 1 level. I do agree Little would've been throwing very hard with a healthy arm. He could've pushed last year to be the regions best pitcher.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Any kid that can hit 87 on the gun in the regional tournament with his arm just barely hanging on after being misused and abused for three years has to be given more credit than you are giving him. Fyffe could crank one up every now and then, but a healthy Little might have been throwing harder than Fyffe. Basicly that is all Fyffe was, just a fastball pitcher, with an average slider thrown in, here and there.

I don't think he was misused and abused the last 3 years. I may agree that he didn't start out being taken care of as good his 8th grade and part of his freshman seasons, but misused and abused is a bold statement man. If anything, the last coach seemed to take good care of Scotty - especially the last 2 seasons. He DH'd most of the season - especially after he pitched. He was limited on his pitches, and anytime Scott felt anything wrong, he came out of the game.

On the other hand, the game in which he hit 87 he was pretty fresh - had about 4-5 days rest. Then he came back the night after throwing 2 innings or about 20 pitches and still was consistently hitting in the mid 80s. This kid needs to be given a lot of credit because he has great skills. He could throw a great changeup inside or outside and spot his curveball. The best in the region, if he were healthy, would undoubtedly be Little. The only pitcher that I would argue that would be as good is Shane Grimm - so I agree with you on that stance.
1911 Wrote:You can't say that all Matt Fyffe had was just a fastball. He had a very good slider and a good change-up and has the tools to do very well at the Division 1 level. I do agree Little would've been throwing very hard with a healthy arm. He could've pushed last year to be the regions best pitcher.
95% fastball. Maybe average was not the correct word for the slider, but it certainly was not devastating. Maybe by 15th region standards. Didn't throw the first changeup that I can ever remember. But your right he should do well at Eastern in the future, as he is a top notch kid. There was not the first iota of a negative intent on my part.
Scott can pitch at the next level. As for him coming back this season on the hill, if his doctor releases him, then I think Scott should take advantage of getting some live innings. Do I think he should be put into stressful situations? Do I think he should be used as the ace when he comes back? No! He should be very limited. Maybe he shouldn't even go 100% in his outings. But at least to get some good work in live games would be to his advantage. Especially to show college coaches he has healed and is on his way back. I don't think he should pitch as much for competitiveness as much as working on his mechanics and hitting his spots. Throw his limited number of pitches and then come out no matter the score of the game or the inning.
BaseballMan Wrote:I don't think he was misused and abused the last 3 years. I may agree that he didn't start out being taken care of as good his 8th grade and part of his freshman seasons, but misused and abused is a bold statement man. If anything, the last coach seemed to take good care of Scotty - especially the last 2 seasons. He DH'd most of the season - especially after he pitched. He was limited on his pitches, and anytime Scott felt anything wrong, he came out of the game.

On the other hand, the game in which he hit 87 he was pretty fresh - had about 4-5 days rest. Then he came back the night after throwing 2 innings or about 20 pitches and still was consistently hitting in the mid 80s. This kid needs to be given a lot of credit because he has great skills. He could throw a great changeup inside or outside and spot his curveball. The best in the region, if he were healthy, would undoubtedly be Little. The only pitcher that I would argue that would be as good is Shane Grimm - so I agree with you on that stance.
May be bold, but I thought the way he was treated was criminal, so yeah I guess that it's bold. I certainly dont intend to argue with you on all that you said, but I thought that primarily in his soph and junior seasons that he was misused and abused so much it was painful to watch. I remember on more than one occasion that he would take the mound against teams in the latter innings when the game was on the verge of being a mercy game. The talk was always before a couple of games that I saw was that his arm was killing him and he more than likely would not be throwing. Then low and behold he was inserted in a hopeless situation. Just didn't make the first bit of sense to me. I personally thought he was asked to do a bunch of stupid things by his last coach.

And you are incorrect on the instance of when he hit 87. It was not even in AC's first regional game against Pike Central, it was the very next game the following day against Lawrence Co. He did not hit 87 the first day, but was in the low 80 to 85 range. So he was actually working on 0 days rest, not the fresh 4 or 5 days you mentioned. I remember thinking how impressive that it was that a kid that had an arm that was bothering him that bad could go out the very next day and hit that number on the gun. It was one time only that he hit that number, but still impressive in my mind, based on the circumstances. He did drop off rather quickly , but still it was an indicator of what could be with a healthy arm. He did not consistanly hit the mid eighties either, it was in the 81 to 83 MPH rangehitting 85 on occasion, and dropping into the high 70's on many occasions, which still in my opinion certainly wasn't shabby, with him having to throw with a wounded wing. I only recall one radar gun during the whole tournament.

I sincerly hope he does well this season and has a great college career.
Pages: 1 2