Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 58th JV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
why doenst the JV teams play district games i was just wondering?
Because it's JV lol
timtherebel23 Wrote:Because it's JV lol
yea its jv thats what the thread is about.. and how bout the players that come to practice everyday and work their butts off and are not on varsity or do not get to play much? what are they supposed to get for working hard ? thier are alot of players that look forward to jv games to prove them selvs to their coaches and fans and i would like to see some jv action in the 58th!TongueirateSho
rebel nation23 Wrote:yea its jv thats what the thread is about.. and how bout the players that come to practice everyday and work their butts off and are not on varsity or do not get to play much? what are they supposed to get for working hard ? thier are alot of players that look forward to jv games to prove them selvs to their coaches and fans and i would like to see some jv action in the 58th!TongueirateSho

I AGREE 100% on this thats what jv is for to see whos good enough to go to the next level i mean thats where most players get started i mean every now and then a player may come along and skip jv and go straight to varisty but that dont happen to often so this is a chance for these young guys to get some exsperince on how high school ball is so jv is important....ah but not to get off the subject some good jv teams is the 58th are
south Floyd are pretty good
Besty Layne are good
Prestonburg idk
Allen central idk i might be wrong but i dont think they would have a good team because they only got like 1 or 2 freshmen on there team and most there soph and stuff play and start varisty but im rlly unsure on this if i'm wrong tell me

AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM GET TO PLAY AGAINST EACHOTHER
but idk why they dont but its always been like that you dont play jv in confernce games for some reason
I know that they have always liked to play Girls & Boys Conf. games on the same night. A J.V. game would make it an unpractical night of 3 high school games in 1 evening. But, it would be a great idea to schedule J.V. conference games on other nights.
Not only would it be good for players, parents, & fans. but, it would also be great for Coaches to see how their young players fair against other young players in the County. It would be Real handy come District Tournament time, ImO
thetruth205 Wrote:I AGREE 100% on this thats what jv is for to see whos good enough to go to the next level i mean thats where most players get started i mean every now and then a player may come along and skip jv and go straight to varisty but that dont happen to often so this is a chance for these young guys to get some exsperince on how high school ball is so jv is important....ah but not to get off the subject some good jv teams is the 58th are
south Floyd are pretty good
Besty Layne are good
Prestonburg idk
Allen central idk i might be wrong but i dont think they would have a good team because they only got like 1 or 2 freshmen on there team and most there soph and stuff play and start varisty but im rlly unsure on this if i'm wrong tell me

AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM GET TO PLAY AGAINST EACHOTHER
but idk why they dont but its always been like that you dont play jv in confernce games for some reason

AC's JV has only played one game this season and that was against Pike Central. All of AC's games have been either district games, classics or tournaments. Sophomore's Chris Stumbo and Justin Jackson anchor the team. The other Sophomores are Brandon Meade and Christian Francis (out with stress fracture). The rest of the JV squad are Freshmen- including: Austin Woods, John Dingus, Micky Parsons. There are a few others as well (can't remember names though). It's hard to tell with only one game what kind of team this is. This is the first year most of these boys have played together. AC's other Sophomore's Logan and Hunter Crowder are both Varsity starters and are not dressing JV this season. The JV team should see some action over the next few weeks as AC takes on Johnson Central, Jackson City, SHeldon Clark and Powell County. They will be playing East Ridge, Belfry, Magoffin and Pikeville as well.
South Floyd has played Jackson City Cordia Johnson Central Knott Central Powell County and Hazard they beat Jackson City and lost the rest but they gave Hazard a good game and only lost by like 8
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:South Floyd has played Jackson City Cordia Johnson Central Knott Central Powell County and Hazard they beat Jackson City and lost the rest but they gave Hazard a good game and only lost by like 8

Thats amazing, losing by 8 to Hazard....That must have been akers big night, or hazard was having a bad night 1.
Lion Crazy Wrote:Thats amazing, losing by 8 to Hazard....That must have been akers big night, or hazard was having a bad night 1.

This was a JV gameBig Grin
I think JV should plays as many games as Varsity, they work just as much.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I think JV should plays as many games as Varsity, they work just as much.

I agree 100%.....The JV teams are suppose to be the upcoming Varsity team they do need some experience besides practice.
gotcha2 Wrote:AC's JV has only played one game this season and that was against Pike Central. All of AC's games have been either district games, classics or tournaments. Sophomore's Chris Stumbo and Justin Jackson anchor the team. The other Sophomores are Brandon Meade and Christian Francis (out with stress fracture). The rest of the JV squad are Freshmen- including: Austin Woods, John Dingus, Micky Parsons. There are a few others as well (can't remember names though). It's hard to tell with only one game what kind of team this is. This is the first year most of these boys have played together. AC's other Sophomore's Logan and Hunter Crowder are both Varsity starters and are not dressing JV this season. The JV team should see some action over the next few weeks as AC takes on Johnson Central, Jackson City, SHeldon Clark and Powell County. They will be playing East Ridge, Belfry, Magoffin and Pikeville as well.

If all these teams were in a tournament who do you guys think would win it?
play_maker Wrote:I agree 100%.....The JV teams are suppose to be the upcoming Varsity team they do need some experience besides practice.

Absolutely right...JV teams should have the same season as the Varsity...Conf. games, district tour, a get into a tourn. or 2....IMO if you want your team to be successful in the future, you need a solid JV schedule every yr...I feel the same way about freshman teams...IMO you should have atleast 10+ freshman games and 15+ JV games a yr...take for instance SF(0-12), very down the past 2 years. IMO they need to play some freshman and JV games the rest of this year and at least 15+ games(JV) and 10+ freshman games every year after...South Floyd's future is what the young talent will bring and the same stands for all the other teams...
I know the 4 Floyd County Conference schools have had Freshmen Tourneys in the past. I don't think they had one last season though. You could take a couple of Saturdays and play a JV tourney or even just play games with out the tourney. I know the Freshmen teams in the 15th region have played on Saturday with 3-4 teams at one site and each team playing 2 games. This would have to help any program.
play_maker Wrote:If all these teams were in a tournament who do you guys think would win it?
i would love to say ac would win but i have herd sf has a pretty good jv . who plays jv for sf?
rebel nation23 Wrote:i would love to say ac would win but i have herd sf has a pretty good jv . who plays jv for sf?

Shannon Turner
Brandon Marson
Dakota Hall
Johnny Cochran
Chris Gibson
Raymond Jones
and a few others...I heard they was gonna play some more players, mostly juniors on the JV off the Varsity...
Prestonsburg's JV hasn't practiced in around a month now
Prestonsburg JV and Pikeville's JV plays tomorrow night at 6 or 7
play_maker Wrote:Prestonsburg JV and Pikeville's JV plays tomorrow night at 6 or 7
Do freshman also play?
yes before JV