Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bill Stewart named WVU head FOOTBALL coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After pulling them together and winning in a fashion that they did last night... the man deserves it!!

http://www.wsaz.com/
Well good..Was thinking that during the game! Was hoping WV wouldn't go for a name and hire the man that deserves it like they just did!
Great hire. Glad to see him the head coach.
I'm glad he got that job. He deserved it after pulling them together and beating Oklahoma in the Tostitos Fiesta bowl. Great decision.
I hope he proves all the doubters wrong. ESPN has been flaming him all day saying he's not deserving and will do awful.
Thats awesome!

I was so astonished on how well he did last night for WVU and I didn't really think that they would hire him as the head coach but I think that it is a wonderful thing that they did, he deserves it.
great hire i hope he proves all of the guys on espn wrong
Great Hire for WVU. I dont think there is a man that would put more into this job than Bill Stewart.He loves the University of West Virginia and has been a coach there since 2000.I think this a awesome hire and he deff deserves it IMO!!!!
Not so sure about this one guys.....His career head coaching record is 8-22. I hope he does well, but im not so sure that he will. I think they pulled the hiring trigger a little too fast.
First of all, I think Stewart REALLY loves the Mountaineers. He will do all he can to prepare them to win. However, I think this might have been a decision made on emotion. I hope I'm wrong. I mean, how could you not hire this lovable coach that just help lead a team that was reeling from a bad Pitt loss and losing Coach Rod. I think the real genious was the O coordinator calling the plays from up stairs. It's sad, but I don't even know the guys name. He kept Okla. off balance all night. Good Luck Bill...I hope you are the man.
blitz43 Wrote:First of all, I think Stewart REALLY loves the Mountaineers. He will do all he can to prepare them to win. However, I think this might have been a decision made on emotion. I hope I'm wrong. I mean, how could you not hire this lovable coach that just help lead a team that was reeling from a bad Pitt loss and losing Coach Rod. I think the real genious was the O coordinator calling the plays from up stairs. It's sad, but I don't even know the guys name. He kept Okla. off balance all night. Good Luck Bill...I hope you are the man.

Calvin McGee the Off. Coordinator and along with 4 other coaches will be will going with coach Rod. to Michigan.
Too qucik of a hire in my opinion. I wish him the best of luck, but I don't know if he's not in over his head.
Good luck to him and WV.
after wv's performance in the fiesta bowl........HE SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!
I really enjoyed watching him have such a good time on the sidelines coaching against Oklahoma. He looked like a kid at an amusment park.
DevilsWin Wrote:I really enjoyed watching him have such a good time on the sidelines coaching against Oklahoma. He looked like a kid at an amusment park.
Your right...He'll be a nice change from all the stone faced coaches in the league. I like a little emotion. Let's see how he reacts when things aren't going as well. I love my Mountaineers and hope he can lead them to a N.C.
i think overall that this decision was made a little too early
This may work out IMO. The players wanted him as their coach so what can the A.D. do but hire him.