Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Courier Journal Rankings 12-27-07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

uk96

Three east ky teams make top 20....

#4 Elliot County
#8 June Buchanan
#13 Shelby Valley
Do you have a link?
Do any of these teams play each other during the season?

uk96 Wrote:Three east ky teams make top 20....

#4 Elliot County
#8 June Buchanan
#13 Shelby Valley

uk96

OffTheHook Wrote:Do you have a link?

Just go on Courier-Journal and type in Litkenhous rankings and it will bring everything up. I think this is updated weekly.

uk96

The Pink Lady Wrote:Do any of these teams play each other during the season?
Not in regular season...
Anybody notice the thread title says '08?
The new one came out today and it has Mason and lex Cath. at 1 & 2. Bryan Station is No. 3, followed by Elliott County, Scott County, Male, Paul Dunbar, June Buchanan, Covington Catholic and Jeffersontown.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs...002/SPORTS
Wow. I think it's great these EKY teams are ranked that high.
Gotta question for any Valley fans on here. How will Valley fair without Newsome. I know Paintsville is gonna be hurtin without Bundy, just wonderin if the loss of Newsome will have as much impact on them.
Redneck Wrote:Wow. I think it's great these EKY teams are ranked that high.
Gotta question for any Valley fans on here. How will Valley fair without Newsome. I know Paintsville is gonna be hurtin without Bundy, just wonderin if the loss of Newsome will have as much impact on them.

Taylor is a really good player, and they will miss him tremendously, but they do have people who can step in and take his place--somewhat. I think the loss of Bundy will have more of an impact because he plays more of an impact position, and the point guard is really hard to replace.

I think the loss of Taylor will hurt Valley's chances of going far because of his big game experience and the depth factor. I don't think it will hurt their regional chances as much as it may hurt their chances of doing well at state if they make it there. I think Jonah and Curby will do a great job, but the injury takes one of your best players away from his team.
The Pink Lady Wrote:Do any of these teams play each other during the season?

Elliot and Valley could meet in the all A state tournament couldn't they?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Anybody notice the thread title says '08?
Yep.....just now. LOL!
PC_You_Know Wrote:Elliot and Valley could meet in the all A state tournament couldn't they?

Not sure, but would like to see it.
Great job to all 3 teams. You guys have earned your rankings.

I thought the loss of Taylor Newsome would hurt them considerably, but at least in the New York tournament it didn't seem to affect them too bad. Still, on a team like Valley that doesn't have a lot of size, the loss of one of their main two inside players will certainly hurt their chances of beating some of the bigger teams downstate.

Congrats to Elliot, JBS, and Valley for being recognized by the 'Ville!

uk96

Shelby Valley plays as good of team ball as I have seen in a long time and even though it will hurt them losing Newsome they have alot of kids that will step up.
Are these ratings based on power rankings ? or does someone vote on them ?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Elliot and Valley could meet in the all A state tournament couldn't they?

They could, but paintsville is gonna knock off Valley Wink
Tar Heel 3 Wrote:They could, but paintsville is gonna knock off Valley Wink

Without Bundy? Landon would have to score 50 to beat Valley without Bundy.
Landon's done that before.Big Grin That was a long time ago though. But, I don't think that Landon will have to do that to beat Valley. They're just going to have to play together and hard as a team to beat Valley, and not get rattled by their press. I can't wait for that matchup.
So if they play, is Landon going to guard Elisha? If he does, that leaves who to guard Jacob Bryant, Landon used to.
Honestly I'd say Murray might guard Justice. Not sure though.
Pupaw Wrote:Honestly I'd say Murray might guard Justice. Not sure though.

Do you think Murray could do as good a job as Bundy?
Good job JBS
I would love to see Paintsville and SV. We should get the chance in the All A. But I have to admit that with Bundy gone the chances for Paintsville to beat Valley dropped big. It really isn't the scoring of Bundy that hurts the most, it is his leadership, ball distribution and just running the team. Not to mention the extra body. With basically 5 guys, the Tigers are thin. A SV press will have the Tigers tired by the end of the game. There really is no one else that can come in to give them any beneficial relief against a top team like Valley. Should still be a good game to watch though.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Are these ratings based on power rankings ? or does someone vote on them ?

The Litkenhous Ratings are a computerized power ranking of each team in Kentucky based on a formula that includes records, strength of schedule and margin of victory. Games against out-of-state opponents are not included.
bball fan Wrote:The Litkenhous Ratings are a computerized power ranking of each team in Kentucky based on a formula that includes records, strength of schedule and margin of victory. Games against out-of-state opponents are not included.

PC_You_Know Wrote:Do you think Murray could do as good a job as Bundy?
IMO, Murray is a better defensive player than Bundy. Bundy ran the offense better though. But from a defensive standpoint, absolutely.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I would love to see Paintsville and SV. We should get the chance in the All A. But I have to admit that with Bundy gone the chances for Paintsville to beat Valley dropped big. It really isn't the scoring of Bundy that hurts the most, it is his leadership, ball distribution and just running the team. Not to mention the extra body. With basically 5 guys, the Tigers are thin. A SV press will have the Tigers tired by the end of the game. There really is no one else that can come in to give them any beneficial relief against a top team like Valley. Should still be a good game to watch though.

You're right, and if any of those 5 get in foul trouble, we're in trouble. I don't think we will see the same aggresive defense we have seen so far this year for that exact reason which is gonna hurt. I really would like to see Daniel Meade come back if Coach Runyon would let him, we have got to have another experienced, reliable body.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I would love to see Paintsville and SV. We should get the chance in the All A. But I have to admit that with Bundy gone the chances for Paintsville to beat Valley dropped big. It really isn't the scoring of Bundy that hurts the most, it is his leadership, ball distribution and just running the team. Not to mention the extra body. With basically 5 guys, the Tigers are thin. A SV press will have the Tigers tired by the end of the game. There really is no one else that can come in to give them any beneficial relief against a top team like Valley. Should still be a good game to watch though.

The loss of Taylor Newsome for Shelby Valley will hurt them too. As someone else posted on another thread, the two injuries are probably a wash if (when) the teams meet up. Valley is able to plug in Jonah Justice into the starting lineup and not miss a beat, but starting him really hurts their depth as well.

Should still be a great game, though.
Pages: 1 2