Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Freshmen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are the top freshmen in the 15th region?
N. Martin from BL looks like he could be a very good player someday. I can't understand why he doesn't play more. I've saw the bobcats three times this year and he looked good all three times, but only got to play about a quarter in each game.

Not trying to 2nd guess coach Hall though, he knows what he's doing!
From the 58th...

Maldonado and Martin from BL
Turner and Hall from SF
For once we agree, Turner isn't a bad looking fr., idk Hall, Marson is also a good looking young player for the Raiders
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:For once we agree, Turner isn't a bad looking fr., idk Hall, Marson is also a good looking young player for the Raiders

Yes, Marson is a good young player for the raiders...but hes not a freshman..
What grade is he in?
8th grade...
B.J. Moore.... The eight grader playing for sheldon clark, I watched him play last weekend in belfry he had 20+ points in the last two games. He takes good shots and is the floor leader:thumpsup:
McCoy from pike cantral is pretty good, has a good shot just needs to play defense.
Moore from sheldon clark is a good player, handels the ball well.

Maldonado and Martin from BL
bj moore
dylan maldonado and nathen by far
318mag Wrote:B.J. Moore.... The eight grader playing for sheldon clark, I watched him play last weekend in belfry he had 20+ points in the last two games. He takes good shots and is the floor leader:thumpsup:

He is going to be one heck of a player in the 15th region.
Is moore the pg for SC??
Hobo Mccoy
Sharp Shooter Wrote:Is moore the pg for SC??
Yes he's the pg
dylan and nathen from bl by far they r the best
B.J. Moore is a very nice young player.

uk96

I have not seen alot of them play but I agree that the young kid from Betsy Layne has alot of potential. The thing about young kids is that they are at the age where their work ethic will decide how far they go....
I agree! A player doesn't become good at a young age without a solid work ethic
Wes Rowe from pikeville
HoRnEt4EvEr Wrote:Wes Rowe from pikeville

Are we talking about freshman that play varsity? Becuase Wes Rowe doesnt even dress on the varsity at Pikeville.
Then the pg from SC is one of the better young players i have seen this year, and only an 8th grader, hes gonna be a dandy
Shannon Turner from South Floyd is a very talented player.....all around good player and see great things coming from him in the upcoming years.
LIPS Wrote:Shannon Turner from South Floyd is a very talented player.....all around good player and see great things coming from him in the upcoming years.

Shannon is a decent player right now...From what ive seen and know about him, he doesnt play much defense and has no work ethic..He is a pretty good set shooter thats it. IMO, he shouldnt be starting for the Raiders right now. I dont see him getting much better although it will seem that way due to other teams graduating players. Also, i think SF is building him up for a big disappointment, by trying to make him into something he is not. They will realize that when more of the pressure falls on his shoulders, he doesnt handle pressure very well and is not a steady ball-handler by any means...IMO before Turner does anything, he needs to work on his overall conditioning, ball-handling, shooting off the dribble/and or move, and rebound better for his height...
The Moore kid at Sheldon Clark is just great. He single handed beat the JCMS last year in the conference tourney. He moves like a soph at least and he just looks like a kid who will continue to improve because he does seem to want to play and enjoys the game. I watched Paintsville against JCHS and Magoffin co in their JV play and I'm telling you guys that Paintsville has three freshmen that are going to be players. They love the game and work hard. They will come along and make PHS a basketball team in a couple of years. They have a guard #11 that sees the floor as well as any guard I've seen, he can shoot well too. They have a couple of post players including the Reynolds boy who is strong and fluid down there. Dont forget Cody Parker at JCHS, he is a sometime starter as a freshman, if he could ever get his head on straight he could be unreal.

uk96

Al McGuire once said that the greatest thing about a freshman is that they become a sophomore....