Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's Watching the Winter Classic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's on right now, 1 pm, on NBC.

The first NHL game played outside in the U.S.

Pittsburgh is getting ready to play Buffalo. They are in Buffalo right now and it's an amazing site. They set up the rink in Buffalo's football stadium and it's sold out. On top of that, it's snowing hard and there's snow everywhere.

Very cool to watch and everyone should tune in.
I'm watching it along with 3 other bowl games...lol
Did they just say that the Buffalo fans were "pelting" the Penguins players with snowballs as they were coming in?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Did they just say that the Buffalo fans were "pelting" the Penguins players with snowballs as they were coming in?

Yeah, they were throwing snowballs at the bus.
This is awesome! If they done this every game, I would watch EVERY GAME! I am becoming a fan as we speak! Crosby is amazing! Buffalo's crowds in sports are amazing!
Thats pretty cool having this game outside.
I want Buffalo to win...great game so far. Tied 1-1.
It's getting pure treacherous out there in the last few mins.
Great game. Went into overtime, and then a shootout with Pittsburgh winning. Crosby is amazing and may surpass Gretzky.

As far as I know, they plan on doing the outside game once a year.
Yeah, what a way to showcase hockey. With the outside game on New Year's Day, the weather, and having the current NHL coverboy win it on the last attempt. Don't think NHL Execs coulda dreamed of a better scenario.