Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jared Newman Eligible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard from a BL parent that Jared Newman is eligible and will be playing friday night against SF...Is there any truth to this?
no clue
Well who is Jared Newman and who does he play for?
I would really be surprised if he was. What about Adam Slone, are the coaches just not trying at all to get him eligible? He should be if anyone is. He changes schools, had a change of residence into the new school district and everything.
Wasn't that the kid that played in the PIT last week. I know the PA said Newman--I believe his number was 34. May have been a brother or cousin, but there was definitely a 6'3 or 6'4 blonde kid who started one game and played all three for BL in the PIT.
UKRULES Wrote:Wasn't that the kid that played in the PIT last week. I know the PA said Newman--I believe his number was 34. May have been a brother or cousin, but there was definitely a 6'3 or 6'4 blonde kid who started one game and played all three for BL in the PIT.
I think that was Jarods younger brother. He is a freshman or sophomore I think.
Don't know if it's true or not, but if J. Newman is ruled eligible I"ll be shocked. I have spoken with numerous people who have dealt with issues like this one in the past & all of them have told me it is very unlikely he will be ruled eligilble. Personally, I hope they are all wrong and the kid gets to play, but I wouldn't bet on it. Just my opinion!
I'm not trying to make people mad by saying this or anything but im so sick of jarred newman and weither or not he gets to play...
Lips if your so sick of hearing about Jared Newman then why are you reading and commenting about all the posts about him.
[INDENT]
BlueBloodBobcat Wrote:Lips if your so sick of hearing about Jared Newman then why are you reading and commenting about all the posts about him.
Cause i'm voicing my opinion thats why.

[/INDENT]
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I would really be surprised if he was. What about [B]Adam Slone, are the coaches just not trying at all to get him eligible? He should be if anyone is. He changes schools, had a change of residence into the new school district and everything[/B].

im pretty sure that Adam gets to play the 2nd half of the season
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:im pretty sure that Adam gets to play the 2nd half of the season

When does the second half start?
Id say Slone will play his first game against Piarist(1/7/08) or Johnson Central(1/10/08)...
uhavenoidea Wrote:Id say Slone will play his first game against Piarist(1/7/08) or Johnson Central(1/10/08)...

Well if this is true about Slone. And if Newmann does end up becoming eligible, then IMO Betsy Layne has to be considered in the mix of things as possible contenders for the Region with Newsome's injury at Valley and Bundy's injury at Paintsville. JMO
(UKRULES: Wasn't that the kid that played in the PIT last week. I know the PA said Newman--I believe his number was 34. May have been a brother or cousin, but there was definitely a 6'3 or 6'4 blonde kid who started one game and played all three for BL in the PIT.)

NO THAT WASN'T JARED THAT PLAYED IN THE PIT LAST WEEK THAT WAS HIS BROTHER..JARED IS ABOUT TWICE THAT KIDS SIZE.

LIPS: I'm not trying to make people mad by saying this or anything but im so sick of jarred newman and weither or not he gets to play...

YOU KNOW WHATS SAD LIPS....YOU'RE NOT SICK OF HEARING ABOUT JARED NEWMAN BECAUSE IF YOU WERE THEN YOU WOULDN'T CLICK ON EVERY THREAD THAT INVOLVES HIM. IT APPEARS TO ME THAT YOU ARE A LITTLE JEALOUS. EVEN IF HE DOESN'T GET TO PLAY BASKETBALL, HE WILL BE WELL KNOW ALL OVER THIS REGION.