Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UFC 79: Iceman defeats Silva
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Absolutely INCREDIBLE fight..both fighters fought and threw punches until the very end. All three rounds saw wide open swing-for-the-fences action..but Liddell wins a unanimous decision..I'll give details on GSP-Hughes later..but WOW, what a way to end 2007 for the UFC!!! Fight was well worth the wait!!
OMG i forgot all about that tonight im ****ed! Man you gotta tell some details on the Matt Hughs and St peraire fight..**** I cant believe I forgot bout it tonight.
Did the pittbull beat Mohr??
MVP2 Wrote:Did the pittbull beat Mohr??
yeah Gamburyan dominated Nate Mohr..Mohr tapped out due to an ankle lock in about 1:30 of the first round..
GSP beat Matt HughesSad ..Hughes tapped out at the 4:54 mark in the second round..but it was total domination, which sucks because I was wanting Hughes to whip GSP.....
but Liddell and Silva was one of the best fights Ive ever seen..Not as good as Forrest-Bonnar I, and I especially loved the Forrest-Shogun fight, but it was definitely a top 5 all time fight..it, IMO was worth the $40 in itself..and it proved to me two things. One, Liddell's still got that fire he left at home his previous two fights, and two, this age **** is just that..both was in great condition, and will be right there at the top as challengers for the belt..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah Gamburyan dominated Nate Mohr..Mohr tapped out due to an ankle lock in about 1:30 of the first round..
GSP beat Matt HughesSad ..Hughes tapped out at the 4:54 mark in the second round..but it was total domination, which sucks because I was wanting Hughes to whip GSP.....
but Liddell and Silva was one of the best fights Ive ever seen..Not as good as Forrest-Bonnar I, and I especially loved the Forrest-Shogun fight, but it was definitely a top 5 all time fight..it, IMO was worth the $40 in itself..and it proved to me two things. One, Liddell's still got that fire he left at home his previous two fights, and two, this age **** is just that..both was in great condition, and will be right there at the top as challengers for the belt..

Its not really that. I think he just doesn't cope well with fighters who have the style rampage jackson has.
I was really suprised with how Chuck handled Silva and with how GSP completely dominated Hughes. GSP took this fight with 30 days notice and still won in the fashion he did. His wrestling is unbelievable considering he didn't wrestle anywhere in college and has said he might possibly represent Canada in the Olympics. GSP is just a class act, he acknowledged Sarah as the real champ because of his injury and wouldn't wear the belt until he had defeated Sarah. Bottom line is GSP, IMO, is the best fighter in MMA, with the exception of Fedor.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Its not really that. I think he just doesn't cope well with fighters who have the style rampage jackson has.
it could be that, but Jardine stood up all fight, and Chuck ate leg kicks all three rounds..he acted like he didnt even want to be in the octagon that night..I was just glad to see him fight like he did before the previous two fights..and Wanderlei is a tough SOB..
I thought Liddell was gonna end after he landed a spinnin backhand then got Silva against the cage landin some good shots. Silva is one tough S.O.B, has a jaw made of iron. You could tell Rampage was excited to see Liddell win tonight, I don't think he wanted to fight Silva again.

And YES, Matt Hughes got completely DOMINATED for the start. He didn't just tap, GSP made him say the words, **** I don't even think Hughes physicalla tapped, he just said the words. I really thought his arm was gonna break.
Redneck Wrote:I thought Liddell was gonna end after he landed a spinnin backhand then got Silva against the cage landin some good shots. Silva is one tough S.O.B, has a jaw made of iron. You could tell Rampage was excited to see Liddell win tonight, I don't think he wanted to fight Silva again.

And YES, Matt Hughes got completely DOMINATED for the start. He didn't just tap, GSP made him say the words, **** I don't even think Hughes physicalla tapped, he just said the words. I really thought his arm was gonna break.
GSP said he heard Hughes' arm pop when he got him in the arm bar, so maybe it is broken..and I agree about Silva, he's definitely earned his reputation, and he's a helluva fighter..great to see Liddell win though..
Total domination from GSP..Made Hughes look like he was an amatuer actually which shocked me! Man oh man what a fight between Iceman and Silva..One for the ages@!!
Greatness...GO CHUCK LIDDELL!
Go Go Go
Great fight....Liddell looked good in this fight.
This might have been the best card I've seen in a long time.
I'm tired of Lidell. I wish he'd go home......overrated!!
blitz43 Wrote:I'm tired of Lidell. I wish he'd go home......overrated!!

This is possibly one of the most retarded post's I've ever seen on here. Overrated? Thats really accurate.
Meaty Wrote:This is possibly one of the most retarded post's I've ever seen on here. Overrated? Thats really accurate.
He is! He will never regain his title. Rampage beat him down. If he wins it all again, I will personally say i was wrong. BTW, it's my opinion. You can say "I disagree", but don't say "it's retarded". That ain't cool.Sad
He may not ever regain his title, but he's still an incredible fighter, a huge crowd drawer, and one of the UFC's favorite (if not, THE) fighters. And you wont have to worry about him fighting Rampage for the belt when my boy, Forrest whoops Rampage later in '08..but I personally hope Chuck stays around a long time, and his fight with Wanderlei proved to me that he's still a force to be reckoned with. There are literally 15 people that may never see a title shot in the 205 class, but that doesnt mean they dont belong in the UFC. The 205 division is absolutely sick with talent and great fighters.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:He may not ever regain his title, but he's still an incredible fighter, a huge crowd drawer, and one of the UFC's favorite (if not, THE) fighters. And you wont have to worry about him fighting Rampage for the belt when my boy, Forrest whoops Rampage later in '08..but I personally hope Chuck stays around a long time, and his fight with Wanderlei proved to me that he's still a force to be reckoned with. There are literally 15 people that may never see a title shot in the 205 class, but that doesnt mean they dont belong in the UFC. The 205 division is absolutely sick with talent and great fighters.
I agree with this whole post except the Forrest beating Rampage... To me that fight would be a toss up. I just cant say a certain guy will win.
Man, Ive been a Forrest fan since the first episode of TUF..I'd pick him to beat anybody, lol..but I really believe that his all around game has improved so much, that he can beat Rampage. If he can DOMINATE Shogun like he did, he can beat Rampage..I think his ground game is better than Rampage's, and I think he can stand toe to toe with ANYBODY..it'll be a great fight, and it has the makings to be a classic, like most all his fights are, lol..
Amun-Ra Wrote:I agree with this whole post except the Forrest beating Rampage... To me that fight would be a toss up. I just cant say a certain guy will win.