Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holy Cross (NY) 78, Shelby Valley 44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final score. Here is the box:

http://pressconnects.cnyoutdoors.com/app...ssconnects

Looks like Valley came out sluggish, falling behind by 12 after the 1st quarter. They hung fairly close the next two quarters, trailing by 18 after the third, then the bottom fell out in the fourth.

Jonah Justice led a balanced scoring line with 10, followed by Ashley Hatfield with 9.

Tough loss for Valley, obviously this team is on a completely different level than most teams in Kentucky. Hopefully they can pull out a win in the third place game.
Anyone know if they're ranked nationally?
vundy33 Wrote:Anyone know if they're ranked nationally?

Which team?

Holy Cross is ranked 3rd nationally by maxpreps.
Lol i know SV isn't...Holy Cross...No wonder SV got killed.
I'd say Valley put on a good showing here, they held a team who has a 6'6 D-1 SG to under 80 points, oh and they're ranked nationally, that says a lot about the Valley defense. Good job Valley, hope you all get that 3rd place trophy.
Good effort SV you did what you could.
wow. That must have been a tough game.

does the NY mean New York???

if so, the Region is expanding their game distances this year
yes it does, but what else would you think NY means?
PC_You_Know Wrote:yes it does, but what else would you think NY means?

yeah thats what i was wondering
I've never seen so many bright spots for a team that got beat by 34.
FBALL Wrote:I've never seen so many bright spots for a team that got beat by 34.

They may have got beat by 34, but they are team from the Mountains, and we are just trying to support one of our own.
Good Effort Valley!

haha its just an awful long way, and not sure but you have to admit there are some wierd names out there. lol

where was this game played at. How awesome would it be to fly then play in NYC???
I was hoping Valley would put up a better fight. I expected it to be around 15-20 points.
Are they a fourth place trophey? lol
If...Then Wrote:haha its just an awful long way, and not sure but you have to admit there are some wierd names out there. lol

where was this game played at. How awesome would it be to fly then play in NYC???

This tournament was played in NY.
Binghamton, New York at Broome County Veteran's Memorial Arena.

Valley plays Binghamton at 1:00 tomorrow for 3rd place.
Not a good showing for SV. They have to be exausted. You just can't take kids away from home for their entire Christmas Break and expect them to not burn out late in the season. They will travel back home just in time to go back to school without much rest. I expect Paintsville or someone else maybe, to take advantage of SV's very tiring two weeks in March!!
NY=NoneYa........as in None Ya Dang Business!
Still a good showing Valley!!! Keep your heads up!!!
It's really just that all that "Big City" food has caught up with Valley!
They will be back on track as soon as they get back here and get some good grub in 'em!
just couldnt hang with the big boys.:dontthink
Great effort Valley!
Great effort Valley. :Clap:
Congrats to Valley on a great tourney showing against some good teams. They have shown that EKY has some good basketball. As for this game, not many teams could hang with HC so I wouldn't worry too much about this game.

And bball, these kids are kids, I'm sure they are having a great time in NY and I don't think that you have to worry about this trip hurting them at all come March. Many other teams do the same thing. It is a great opportunity to see new places and play great teams that will make you a better ball team.
bball fan Wrote:Not a good showing for SV. They have to be exausted. You just can't take kids away from home for their entire Christmas Break and expect them to not burn out late in the season. They will travel back home just in time to go back to school without much rest. I expect Paintsville or someone else maybe, to take advantage of SV's very tiring two weeks in March!!

I don't think SV will be tired in March because of a tournament at Christmas. If anything it will make them stronger. They beat a good team from Miami and lost big to the 3rd ranked team in the country. The experience will help them down the road. You may hope they are tired in March but I think you will see a much stronger team. SV has nothing to hang their heads about. I just hope they had some fun too.
bball fan Wrote:Not a good showing for SV. They have to be exausted. You just can't take kids away from home for their entire Christmas Break and expect them to not burn out late in the season. They will travel back home just in time to go back to school without much rest. I expect Paintsville or someone else maybe, to take advantage of SV's very tiring two weeks in March!!

I really don't see this hurting them in the long run. Just look at other teams in the state. Tourney's in Vegas, Hawaii, Florida etc. One team spent the week before Christmas in Florida and the week after in Myrtle Beach at tournaments. Kids are kids and they bounce back. Now the parents- they might be worn out and ready for a "vacation" after all the traveling. Congrats to Valley on the win and I wouldn't worry about the loss. I'm sure it will only make you stronger in the end.
I don't guess a game like this was a good prediction of what Valley will be like without Newsome. Congrats to Valley on a good showin up there.
PC_You_Know Wrote:This tournament was played in NY.

wow. did they fly or bus it out?
No flight to NY. Charter buses.

I disagree. If you look at all the traditional powerhouse teams in the state, they all traveled out-of-state to play in a holiday tournament. LexCath went to Florida, Scott Co. went to Florida and Myrtle Beach, Jeffersontown went to Miami, and Ballard went to Arizona. Heck, Mason Co. played in Hawaii for a tournament! And it never seems to hurt any of them come March.

Shelby Valley may not win the 15th region crown this year, but if not it'll be more due to Taylor Newsome's injury than a trip to New York. Paintsville and Pikeville will be tough games, but playing this kind of schedule can only help Valley in the long run.
Pages: 1 2