Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scouting Report: San Diego at Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky plays the first of two games in three days on Saturday when it hosts San Diego in an afternoon tilt at Rupp Arena. The Cats have just three non-conference games remaining before Joe Crawford and Co. begin Southeastern Conference play on Jan. 12 against Vanderbilt. Crawford is the Cats' second-leading scorer at 16.9 points per game

More...
UK doubles up on San Diego!
Gonna roll with the Cats, ..............12-6
This is just terrible losing to another no name team with the talent we have. Coach is just plain stupid. Gets Jasper and Meeks back but yet doesnt start either. I can understand Jasper not starting coming off his injury, but Meeks hasnt been that bad and should have started. Same goes with Crawford. How do you not start 2 of your best players? Its hard for this team to play as a team when you start people like Porter, Coury and Harris. Harris actually played a little better than usual today but still should not start. Meeks didnt come in till about 5 or 6 minutes into the 2nd half. Its no wonder they have a hard time getting going in a game having to come off the bench like that. How much longer will you fans put up with this kind of crap from this coach?
Oh and it was San Diego with the lead at 12-6, not UK.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:This is just terrible losing to another no name team with the talent we have. Coach is just plain stupid. Gets Jasper and Meeks back but yet doesnt start either. I can understand Jasper not starting coming off his injury, but Meeks hasnt been that bad and should have started. Same goes with Crawford. How do you not start 2 of your best players? Its hard for this team to play as a team when you start people like Porter, Coury and Harris. Harris actually played a little better than usual today but still should not start. Meeks didnt come in till about 5 or 6 minutes into the 2nd half. Its no wonder they have a hard time getting going in a game having to come off the bench like that. How much longer will you fans put up with this kind of crap from this coach?

What do you suggest "we fans" do?Rolleyes Rolleyes
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:This is just terrible losing to another no name team with the talent we have. Coach is just plain stupid. Gets Jasper and Meeks back but yet doesnt start either. I can understand Jasper not starting coming off his injury, but Meeks hasnt been that bad and should have started. Same goes with Crawford. How do you not start 2 of your best players? Its hard for this team to play as a team when you start people like Porter, Coury and Harris. Harris actually played a little better than usual today but still should not start. Meeks didnt come in till about 5 or 6 minutes into the 2nd half. Its no wonder they have a hard time getting going in a game having to come off the bench like that. How much longer will you fans put up with this kind of crap from this coach?

Two of your most talented players. The reason they are not the best players lies between their ears. Honestly, Crawford has no clue how to play help defense. Its like watching grade school kids play. A man drove right past him for a layup and he never even knew it.

No rebounding or fundamentals out of either of them. Maybe that is Gillispies fault. The way the entire team played to today was discraceful. The worst display of basketball IQ I have ever seen.

If it is Gillispie's fault then why did his teams at UTEP and Texas A&M play so fundamentally sound? I would still be inclined to reserve judgement on the mans coaching abilities. The players have to be held accountable as well. Not just Crawford and Bradley but all of them. I think that is the reason for the ever changing substitution paterns. Today none of them played well. Not Patterson, Not Bradley, not Crawford. Coury can't score consistantly Harris would make a good Free Safety.

No Porter in the second half. Should make everyone happy. Its going to be a tough rebuilding year. Everybody better be willing to accept that.

No, It seems you have absolutely "zero" basketball iq. Jodie Meeks and Derrick Jasper can't be just thrown back onto the court. Anyone with anyone basketball iq knows that after players have been injured you will have to start out with low minutes, and have to be re-conditioned to be able to withstand the minutes they used to be able to handle. You can't just miss months of basketball and expect to be in the same shape you were before you left. As long as Jasper & Meeks continue to get back in form without any setbacks with thier injurys, thier minutes will increase. Now I feel stupid for having to take time to explain that to you, something someone with any basketball iq should know, which actually should be a basic requirement for anyone stepping foot into a basketball thread.