Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville vs Lex. Cath
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you think the outcome of this game. Its at 7:30pm at Lex Cath gym in the 5/3. I'll post my perdictions later.
Should be a dandy. Rootin for the Tigers though. Gotta stay with the mountain teams!
Could be the one that puts Paintsville over the top. Go Tigers
For sure OffTheHook...Hopefuly tigers come out ready. I was talking to one of the plyers and they said they have ben hanging out at the museim in the hotel playing bball on the 8ft goal they have there. I think they are wearing out there energy playing on that. Hopefuly BMR shuts that down.
Ill take Paintsville by 4. Paintsville needs to keep knockin down that 3 ball and keep up the D like they have been if they want to win this game.
Go Tigers!

uk96

I would like to see Paintsville win but I think many want to see a Lex Cath /Mason final. Paintsville is not going to get any breaks.
It's hard to knock off any host school in a tournament, especially one like Lexington Catholic. If Bundy is able to go it will give them a SR coming off the bench to give someone a breather. If not, the starting 5 will have to play just about the entire game and hopefully no one will get into early foul trouble. Paintsville needs to rebound a little better and not allow so many second chance opprotunities. Today Lincoln Co. had about 5-6 shots in a row around the basket before the ball went out of play. They need to play their style of ball and not Lexington Catholic's. Catholic is big, everyone is at least 6'3. I was talking to a guy from Scout.com at Thursday's game and he had mentioned one of their starters is heading to Vandy, another one had a full ride to either Harvard or Princeton, and another one to some other school. As long as they don't get intimidated by the name of the team they are playing and push the ball they should have every chance in the world of beating this team. If they play the half court sets that Catholic liked to do the other night then it may be another story. Best of luck to the Tigers tomorrow night and I'll be down there cheering you on.
Uncle Buck Wrote:It's hard to knock off any host school in a tournament, especially one like Lexington Catholic. If Bundy is able to go it will give them a SR coming off the bench to give someone a breather. If not, the starting 5 will have to play just about the entire game and hopefully no one will get into early foul trouble. Paintsville needs to rebound a little better and not allow so many second chance opprotunities. Today Lincoln Co. had about 5-6 shots in a row around the basket before the ball went out of play. They need to play their style of ball and not Lexington Catholic's. Catholic is big, everyone is at least 6'3. I was talking to a guy from Scout.com at Thursday's game and he had mentioned one of their starters is heading to Vandy, another one had a full ride to either Harvard or Princeton, and another one to some other school. As long as they don't get intimidated by the name of the team they are playing and push the ball they should have every chance in the world of beating this team. If they play the half court sets that Catholic liked to do the other night then it may be another story. Best of luck to the Tigers tomorrow night and I'll be down there cheering you on.
Well said! If Paintsville can push the ball and run the fast break like they do so well they should win this game.
I would love to see the Tigers pull this one off, but I just don't think it's going to happen. IMO, the Tigers would have to play flawless to beat Catholic & especially now, that Paintsville will more than likely be w/o B. Bundy, I think their chances of winning are slim. At best Bundy is not going to be 100% and that will have to hurt Paintsville. Catholic has already beat JBS (IMO, a team which is much better than Paintsville) by 11, and Tates Creek (a team Paintsville struggled to beat by 1 at home) by 21. Catholic has played a tougher schedule so far and they are playing at home. Hate to say it, but I pick LC by 15 --- hope I'm wrong! Just my opinion!
If Paintsville would've had their easy buckets fall that usually do and wouldn't have quit with 2 minutes to go then they would've beat Tates Creek by 15+. In the first quater Tates Creek hit for 6 threes that accounted for 18 of their 19 points. Anyway, comparing teams by scores from other games is like comparing apples to oranges. I think that it's going to be a tough task for the Tigers to win on Catholic's home court, but anything is possible. Good luck Tigers.
Paintsville will definately be without Bundy.
Good luck Tigers!!!
I hope to see the Tigers win this one but it will be really tough to knock off Lex. Cath. on there home floor especially without Bundy. Go Tigers!
I will say Lex Cath by around 10. Like Uncle Buck said, it is just really hard to knock off the host team.
Pulling for Paintsville
I think PHS has a chance. Lex Cath is a good basketball team but let's not think that since their uniforms say Lex Cath it is the same Lex Cath team from the late 90's because it's not even a contest. I really think this one is a throw up.
stormin norman is goin with catholic by 15+
IRISH4 Wrote:Anyway, comparing teams by scores from other games is like comparing apples to oranges.

IMO, when two teams, who haven't met before, are getting ready to play looking at how they performed against common opponents is one of the best indicators of how they will fair. Doesn't mean anything for certain I'll give you that, but it is a measuring stick in a sense.

uk96

Too much home court for Paintsville. LC by 12...
I dont think the Tigers can handle Cath.

Lexington by double digits
Catholic by 11.
I would LOVE to see my Tiger win...... I have seen other Tiger teams go into games with other Lex Cath teams and come away the victor.... it could happen. I just want to see them play their best!
Paintsville will be without Bundy as The Guru said. Just got off the phone with his sister and she said late last night Blake was feeling better, but when he woke up this morning it was the same sharp pains. They are currently on their way to the Hyatt to pick him up and bring him back to Paintsville. Get well soon Blake. As for the game, I think Pack will come in and help fill some of the void in the line-up with Blake being out. Catholic is a solid basketball team that likes to play a slow tempo game. Like I said earlier if the Tigers use the full court like they have been successful in their past games then they should do alright. If they try to match Catholic's style they will struggle, the only time they have tried to do that this season was against Boyle in the first quarter and it showed that they were very uncomfortable playing that way. Good luck guys and represent the 15th well.
I hope my boys in blue pull it off, or will they be in black. We're makin the trip down to Lex Vegas again tonight. I hope to see another great crowd by the Tiger faithful. Good luck boys, go out and play YOUR game. Don't let them take you out of what makes you successful.
I think the Tigers will pull this one out in a close one.
Mr.3000 Wrote:I think the Tigers will pull this one out in a close one.

I hope you're right. It's gonna be even more of a struggle now that Paintsville will be without Bundy. They definately have their hands full but I think they can hang with em even beat em if they come out and play like they are capable.
Go Paintsville! Tigers by 5.
Good luck Paintsville.
Best of luck to the Tigers.
Hope Tigers can pull it out.
Any updates on the score?
Pages: 1 2