Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dinosaurs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why doesn't the bible mention the dinosaurs?:confused:
Some people say that it does in a few passages. Like when it mentions the Leviathon and Behemoth.

I don't know the exact verses though.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Why doesn't the bible mention the dinosaurs?:confused:
For the same reason no information about North or South America was mentioned. Or Antartica and Australia was mentioned. The writers didn't know they existed.
Makes you wonder doesn't it? If the writers were devine inspired, they should have known.

Unbelievably, there's a teacher at my school who doesn't believe that dinosaurs ever existed, because they aren't mentioned in the Bible.
maybe they just considered them animals and not something that would ever go extinct so didn't think to write down, "oh and by the way there's dinosaurs here"

I've heard people say that they think the reason the dinosaurs went extinct is because they got wiped out during the great flood (Noah's Ark)
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:maybe they just considered them animals and not something that would ever go extinct so didn't think to write down, "oh and by the way there's dinosaurs here"

I've heard people say that they think the reason the dinosaurs went extinct is because they got wiped out during the great flood (Noah's Ark)
If the dinosaurs were there at the time of the great flood (and were considered animals) then why would they not be included with the other animals on the Ark?
The Raptors would have been hard handle for Noah and his family.
Actually, it relies completely on each persons interpretation of the Bible's teachings. If it didn't we'd all be going to the same World Church (one denomination). I always read it as that there was a great time lapse between the Garden of Eden and the placement of Adam and Eve. Meaning that possibly the Garden could have been occupied by other creatures other than a serpent. Possible the 7 days it took to create the planet was actually 7 decades or eons. We just don't know.
Why is the grass green? Why is the sky blue? It just is lol
RavenBoy Wrote:Why is the grass green? Why is the sky blue? It just is lol

Uhm......no.

Grass is green because it contains the pigment chlorophyll.

The sky is blue because of Rayleigh scattering.

As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

Hope that clears it up.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Uhm......no.

Grass is green because it contains the pigment chlorophyll.

The sky is blue because of Rayleigh scattering.

As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

Hope that clears it up.
Smile Ok thanks, Make sure you tell Joe Dirt that.
RavenBoy Wrote:Smile Ok thanks, Make sure you tell Joe Dirt that.

I'm not getting the Joe Dirt reference.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I'm not getting the Joe Dirt reference.

Joe Dirt asks why the sky is blue is one of his rants.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:If the dinosaurs were there at the time of the great flood (and were considered animals) then why would they not be included with the other animals on the Ark?

I was wondering the same thing. It's confusing. We will probably never know. There are a lot of different possibilities though, and I think it's fun to discuss
Watchful Eye Wrote:The Raptors would have been hard handle for Noah and his family.
Actually, it relies completely on each persons interpretation of the Bible's teachings. If it didn't we'd all be going to the same World Church (one denomination). I always read it as that there was a great time lapse between the Garden of Eden and the placement of Adam and Eve. Meaning that possibly the Garden could have been occupied by other creatures other than a serpent. Possible the 7 days it took to create the planet was actually 7 decades or eons. We just don't know.
:Thumbs: From my study of the word, I believe you to be correct. I may be wrong, so it wouldn't be the first time. After the creation of heaven and earth, God placed the living beast and fowl of the air and everything that crawl and so on and so forth. Then He rested on the seventh day. Then it states these are the generations of Heaven and earth. It does not say how long of a time span was between the creation of heaven and earth and the creation of man, except for generations. (which is a long time) But if I create something, I would want to look at it for a while, before I would change something.(this is just my opinion, not preachingRolleyes ) Then I believed he wanted to make it better. Buy adding man. Because he longed to be mans friend and talk with him.
All I know is one thing, whoever the teacher is that says they didn't exist is COMPLETELY clueless, still to this day archaeologists are finding new species of dinosaurs from digging in random places across Asia.