Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 games of all time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This thread may have have been started before, but Im going to start another one anyways.

What would be your vote for the top 10 video games of all time. This can include any console system, and PC games. To keep things in perspective games should have been released before 2007. It's really hard to judge a games lasting appeal after less than a year on the market.

10.) Chrono Trigger - SNES
9.) StarCraft - PC
8.) Tie Metal Gear solid 1 & 3 (didnt like sons of liberty) - PS1 and PS2
7.) Resident Evil 4 - PS2, GC, Wii, PC
6.) Legend of Zelda: A link to the past - SNES
5.)Super Mario 64 - N64
4.) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64
3.)Tetris - NES
2.) Super Mario Bros - NES
1.) Super Mario Bros 3 - NES (This game will never get old)
1. Zelda: A Link to the Past - SNES
2. Mario 3 - NES
3. Mike Tyson's Punchout - NES
4. Mario 64 - N64
5. Super Smash Bros Melee
6. Diablo II - PC
7. Startropics - NES
8. Grand Theft Auto Series - PS2
9. Mario - NES
10. Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64

Honorable Mention:
Contra - NES
Tecmo Super Bowl - NES
Super Punchout! - SNES
God of War - PS2
Resident Evil 4 - PS2
Tecmo Bowl - NES
Yo Noid - NES
Tony Hawk Series - PS2

Speaking of Chrono Trigger, I stumbled across someone selling a copy for $10 the other day and I bought it and turned around and sold it for a quick $40 to a local game store.
My Book Says:

1. Call Of Duty 4
2. Halo 3
3. Gears Of War
4. Assasins Creed
5. NCAA Football 2008
6. Guitar Hero 3
7. NBA "The Life"
8. Resident Evil 4
9. Grand Theft Auto "San Andreas"
10. Need for Speed Underground Rivals
Tomcat68 Wrote:1. Zelda: A Link to the Past - SNES
2. Mario 3 - NES
3. Mike Tyson's Punchout - NES
4. Mario 64 - N64
5. Super Smash Bros Melee
6. Diablo II - PC
7. Startropics - NES
8. Grand Theft Auto Series - PS2
9. Mario - NES
10. Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64

Honorable Mention:
Contra - NES
Tecmo Super Bowl - NES
Super Punchout! - SNES
God of War - PS2
Resident Evil 4 - PS2
Tecmo Bowl - NES
Yo Noid - NES
Tony Hawk Series - PS2

Speaking of Chrono Trigger, I stumbled across someone selling a copy for $10 the other day and I bought it and turned around and sold it for a quick $40 to a local game store.

chrono trigger is a rare find. I did have a copy of the game, but ive lost it somehow, now all I have is an rom copy for ZSNES on my pc. It's a shame that more people didnt play that game.

Tecmo bowl and Super punch out are quite possibly the two best sports titles ever on a nintendo console.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:chrono trigger is a rare find. I did have a copy of the game, but ive lost it somehow, now all I have is an rom copy for ZSNES on my pc. It's a shame that more people didnt play that game.

Tecmo bowl and Super punch out are quite possibly the two best sports titles ever on a nintendo console.

I still have another copy. How much would you be willing to pay for it? lol
#10 - Super Mario Bros. 3
#9 - Legend of Zelda Twilght Princess
#8 - Daytona USA
#7 - Grand Theft Auto Vice City
#6 - Assassin's Creed
#5 - Goldeneye 64
#4 - Halo 3
#3 - Gears of War
#2 - Super Mario 64
#1 - Legend of Zelda Ocrania of Time (which by the way is the highest rated game of all time.)
Pac Man - Best game of all time.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I still have another copy. How much would you be willing to pay for it? lol

lol, I dunno I may have to send you a PM and see if we can work out a reasonable deal.

I wish they would make another game in this series, Chrono Cross the PS1 sequel to chrono trigger was a great title also.
No Double Dribble, Contra, or NBA Live 95???
RavenBoy Wrote:No Double Dribble, Contra, or NBA Live 95???

Double Dribble was good, but Arch Rivals is etched into my memory as the best bball game ever. Contra made my Honorable Mention.
10) Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
9) Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES)
8) Prince of Persia: Two Thrones (PS2)
7) Super Mario 64
6) Eternal Darkness (GC)
5) Tecmo Super Bowl (SNES)
4) Goldeneye 007 (64)
3) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (64)
2) Resident Evil 4 (GC)
1) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC)

Honorable Mention:
-Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
-Resident Evil 0 (GC)
-Super Mario 3 (NES)
-Final Fantasy (NES)

As you can see from my list, I've been mainly a Nintendo guy most of the time, with a little PS2 sprinkled in the last few years.
More Cowbell Wrote:10) Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
7) Super Mario 64
6) Eternal Darkness (GC)
4) Goldeneye 007 (64)
2) Resident Evil 4 (GC)

Honorable Mention:
-Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
-Resident Evil 0 (GC)
-Super Mario 3 (NES)
-Final fantasy (NES)

As you can see from my list, I've been mainly a Nintendo guy most of the time, with a little PS2 sprinkled in the last few years.

I'm the same way, Ive always loved Nintendo's first party titles, they are hands down the best game developer in the world, and they have kept producing quality games for the last 20 years.

Ive had almost every game system made, and I currently own a ps2, gamecube, wii, and a xbox 360. PS3 cost too much and doesnt have enough must play titles for me to invest in.

It really irritates me when people dismiss Nintendo as developing only 'kiddie games', if it wasn't for nintendo, gaming would have died after Atari's major run ion the 70's and 80's.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:I'm the same way, Ive always loved Nintendo's first party titles, they are hands down the best game developer in the world, and they have kept producing quality games for the last 20 years.

It really irritates me when people dismiss Nintendo as developing only 'kiddie games', if it wasn't for nintendo, gaming would have died after Atari's major run ion the 70's and 80's.

I always have to get the Nintendo system before any other, simply because I want to play the newest Zelda game when it comes out for the next-gen console.

And you're right, they don't just develop 'kiddie' games. Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness were not kiddie at all.
More Cowbell Wrote:10) Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
7) Super Mario 64
6) Eternal Darkness (GC)
4) Goldeneye 007 (64)
2) Resident Evil 4 (GC)

Honorable Mention:
-Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
-Resident Evil 0 (GC)
-Super Mario 3 (NES)
-Final Fantasy (NES)

Close to mine but slight differneces. Still I think I have a good comprehensive list.
10) Price of Persia: The two Thrones (GC)
9) Super Mario 64 (N64)
8) Super Metroid (SNES)
7) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)
6) Zelda: A link to the Past (SNES)
5) Final Fantsy 7 (PS)
4) Fianl Fantasy 10 (PS2)
3) Resident Evil 4 (GC)
2) Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
1) Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

Others I love: 11) Final Fantasy 3 (SNES)
12)Goldeneye (N64)
13) Final Fantasy IX (PS)
14) Metroid Prime 2 and 1 (GC)
15) Super Mario 3 (NES)
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:lol, I dunno I may have to send you a PM and see if we can work out a reasonable deal.

I wish they would make another game in this series, Chrono Cross the PS1 sequel to chrono trigger was a great title also.

COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!!!! I loved that one too.
1/ Gears of War- XBox 360
2/ NCAA Football 2008- XBox 360
3/ MVP Baseball 2K5- XBox
4/ S*****hock Nam '67- XBox
5/ Halo- XBox 360
6/ Tecmo Super Bowl- SNES
7/ Baseball Stars- NES
8/ RBI Baseball- NES
9/ Ken Griffey Jr Baseball- SNES
10/ NCAA Basketball '95- SNES
10(tie)- the entire Medal of Honor series, from Playstation to present..
Man, Baseball Stars was awesome. I think it was really the first game where ya could create and name players after yourself. We had a team with players named after every kid in the neighborhood.I still go to that nintendo site and play it, along with some Excitebike.
College Slam
10. Metal Gear Solid (PSI)
9. Halo 3 (360)
8. God of War (PSII)
7. Gears of War (360)
6. Bioshock (360)
5. Goldeneye (N64)
4. Starcraft (PC)
3. Call of Duty 4 (360)
2. Super Mario World (SNES)
1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
#1 - Legend of Zelda: The Ocrania of Time
#2- Star Wars: KOTOR 1&2
#3- Halo 2
#4- Fable (Lost Chapters included)
#5- Goldeneye
#6- Mike Tyson's Punch Out
#7- God of War
#8- Super Mario Bros. 3
#9- Contra
#10- Kingdom Hearts
Super-Card Wrote:#1 - Legend of Zelda: The Ocrania of Time
#2- Star Wars: KOTOR 1&2
#3- Halo 2
#4- Fable (Lost Chapters included)
#5- Goldeneye
#6- Mike Tyson's Punch Out
#7- God of War
#8- Super Mario Bros. 3
#9- Contra
#10- Kingdom Hearts

Finally someone mentioned Halo 2. That game has changed gaming forever and set records for sales that wil never be touched.
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Finally someone mentioned Halo 2. That game has changed gaming forever and set records for sales that wil never be touched.

lol, you really don't know much about game sales do you? Halo 2 has sold in great numbers, according to some it has sold 8 million copies, which is a dead heat with Halo 3 that has sold a projected 8.1 million. These games, however, are no where near the best selling game of all time, that belongs to super Mario world which has sold 40.23 million copies. Super Mario bros. sold 20 million and SMB 2 and 3 have sold a combined 38 million copies.

Halo has changed Gaming though, it's a great FPS, and has really made online console gaming a permanent fixture. The single player campaign is very average, which is why i think all the halo games are overrated.
I made a typo, The best selling game of all time belongs to the original SMB with 40.23 million, not super mario world which has 20 million.
Here is a link to the best selling games for each system.

There are some surprises on there, like I mentioned before Halo 2 and 3 are no where near the best selling games of all time, although they are the best selling games for their respective systems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bes...ideo_games
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Here is a link to the best selling games for each system.

There are some surprises on there, like I mentioned before Halo 2 and 3 are no where near the best selling games of all time, although they are the best selling games for their respective systems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bes...ideo_games

I think he was talking about how fast the Halo series sold in a certain amount of time...not like over 20 years or however long the Super Mario series has been out
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Man, Baseball Stars was awesome. I think it was really the first game where ya could create and name players after yourself. We had a team with players named after every kid in the neighborhood.I still go to that nintendo site and play it, along with some Excitebike.

I don't think you could handle the starfire hill allstars though. Excitebike was awesome but Baseball Stars was the best.
Half-Life and its offsprings Counterstrike and Team Fortress are the baddest first person shooter games ever.
vundy33 Wrote:I think he was talking about how fast the Halo series sold in a certain amount of time...not like over 20 years or however long the Super Mario series has been out

Even in that case Halo 2 isnt the fastest selling game of all time, that belongs to Halo 3.

Halo 2 is 5th on the list of fastest selling games of all time.

It trails halo 3, Gta 3 and San Andreas and Gran Turismo 4
vundy33 Wrote:I think he was talking about how fast the Halo series sold in a certain amount of time...not like over 20 years or however long the Super Mario series has been out

Exactly, I didnt mean sales all-time.
Sonic
Pages: 1 2