Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's Returning in 2008?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know some schools lost a lot to graduation last year, I was wondering how many your school lost and who will your school count on in 2008 to replace the seniors from last year.
Estill returns almost everybody.
Russell I believe will return 7 starters on offense and six starters on defense. Hardest to replace will be Tyler Jones and Adam Foster at the defensive end spots. Also will need to have a couple of offensive linemen step up.
P-burg returns quite a bit but not sure how many.
We lose 2 starters...
I am usually quite the pessimist when evaluating what Belfry brings to the field going into the following season, but I say without hesitation that Belfry will be stacked next season.
Sc has many players returning the lost a few lineman, Hensley, and dials.
Belfry had 11 seniors total, only about 1/2 of them started.
GO BUCS!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am usually quite the pessimist when evaluating what Belfry brings to the field going into the following season, but I say without hesitation that Belfry will be stacked next season.
prestonsburg returns everyone on offense but 2 linemen and a full back. On defense, we lose 2 linebackers, a d-linemen, and 2 defensive backs. Craynon and Setser will both be seniors.
I think Powell loses 5 seniors...I'm not sure though. But other than that, they pretty much return everybody.
At East Ridge we will have to find people to step up. We are returning a few starters. Matt K at Center, Payton Ratliff at Right Guard, Kyi West at Left Tackle, Tyler Pigg at a Tight End, Tyler Bentaly at another Tight End, Bryan Casey at QB and Tommy Bingham at a RB, All other Offenisive positions are open. on the defensive side we will have most of the offensive starters playing Defense also.
Looks like another bad season for ER...I dont think those boys mentioned can get it done. Bring a new and experienced coach in and give him a few years and ER should do some good things.
I love your positiveness Vundy. With your expert advice, what suggestions would you make for the program besides firing me? Shoot maybe they ought to hire you. If negative people like you who have nothing invested in the program would sit back give it another year and then even YOU will be happy!
vundy33 Wrote:Looks like another bad season for ER...I dont think those boys mentioned can get it done. Bring a new and experienced coach in and give him a few years and ER should do some good things.
who does magoffin have comin back next season??
I would hope that the other Russell boy returns HOME to play and leave the Louisville area.
Come home little Seth Harvey,, come home!!!!
what about allen central and south floyd?
Allen Central returns all but three or four starters on both sides of the ball combined. Four year starter at QB Josh Prater, Linebackers and twins, hunter and logan crowder. All of their line. Chris Stumbo at wide reciever.
Belfry returns Ivan Lee, Charlie Dotson, 4/5 offensive linemen, Cory Coleman, Drew Elkins, Timmy Lovern, Thomas Varney.

Biggest spots to replace will be on DLine (Phil graduates, Cory's going to LB probably to replace Maydo), DE (Buddy Ro) and 2 DBs (John and Ryan).

Offensively, I'm curious to see who will replace Maydo, whether it will be Timmy or Thomas. TBH though, if I were Haywood, I'd just sub 'em in and out with eachother and let them both get some carries.
Thegeneral Wrote:Allen Central returns all but three or four starters on both sides of the ball combined. Four year starter at QB Josh Prater, Linebackers and twins, hunter and logan crowder. All of their line. Chris Stumbo at wide reciever.

All 4 of these boys are good athletes-- but playing 3 varsity sports leaves little room for offseason weightlifting and training.
Sarrr Wrote:Belfry returns Ivan Lee, Charlie Dotson, 4/5 offensive linemen, Cory Coleman, Drew Elkins, Timmy Lovern, Thomas Varney.

Biggest spots to replace will be on DLine (Phil graduates, Cory's going to LB probably to replace Maydo), DE (Buddy Ro) and 2 DBs (John and Ryan).

Offensively, I'm curious to see who will replace Maydo, whether it will be Timmy or Thomas. TBH though, if I were Haywood, I'd just sub 'em in and out with eachother and let them both get some carries.

On the o-line I'd say John D will get the spot.
AJ Patrick will play on the D-Line, The other two will be proven in conditioning, weight training, and of course practice. Their are like, 5 good candiates for safety. Timmy will take over at corner.

As for replacing Maydo, It'll be Thomas/Ivan/Charlie because Timmy will play alot of reciever.
gotcha2 Wrote:All 4 of these boys are good athletes-- but playing 3 varsity sports leaves little room for offseason weightlifting and training.

Rumor also is Allen Central has a 6'1 286 pound softmore who is deadlifting 425 and benching 200lbs i have seen this boy his arms are very long so i'd say it makes it hard for him to make a good bench press he started his softmore year sat on the bench as a freshman and really stepped up in the off season when this school year ends he will be a junior...i am guessing he plays on the line...tell me if you think this will help AC out in the upcoming season
Does anyone know anything more about the kid from AC that dead-lifts 425 and benches 200 and is only a softmore in highschool need i mention the fact he is only 15 years old and sat on the bench as a freshmen
gotcha2 Wrote:All 4 of these boys are good athletes-- but playing 3 varsity sports leaves little room for offseason weightlifting and training.

Yeah but there are 2 boys that started their softmore year both of them deadlifting in the 400's squatting in the 300's and benching in the 200's on is 15 the other is 16 these two guys are beasts one of the boys names are Bradley Fields and the other is Blake Salisbury

Bradley Fields-Lifts
Deadlift-425lbs
Squat-315lbs
Bench-200lbs

Blake Salisbury-Lifts
Deadlift-410lbs
Squat-350lbs
Bench-250lbs

Both of these guys are very young and are putting up big numbers in the weight room If i was coach hall i would put both of these boys on the same side of the line these kids are beasts no doubt thats just my opinion do you think this could help Allen Central during the season remember there are still the two crowders who are softmores along with stumbo and the 4-year starting QB Josh Prater Go Rebs!!!
Belfry0304 Wrote:On the o-line I'd say John D will get the spot.
AJ Patrick will play on the D-Line, The other two will be proven in conditioning, weight training, and of course practice. Their are like, 5 good candiates for safety. Timmy will take over at corner.

As for replacing Maydo, It'll be Thomas/Ivan/Charlie because Timmy will play alot of reciever.

Also some very big shoes to fill will be that of the kicker, Glen "Hoss" Earnest. I know Ivan covered this spot a few times, but will they keep him there?
WaterMan19 Wrote:Does anyone know anything more about the kid from AC that dead-lifts 425 and benches 200 and is only a softmore in highschool need i mention the fact he is only 15 years old and sat on the bench as a freshmen

I recall some big bodies on AC's line last season. Not sure about the numbers though. AC's class of 2010 has been the largest (number of players) at AC the last couple of years. There should be about 15 returning as Juniors next season. Some of those boys started as Freshmen and will continue to be big contributors for AC. Based on the 286 weight- I'd say you could eliminate ChrisStumbo, Cory Conn, Justin Jackson and both Crowders from the list. Fields, Salisbury or Thornsbury might fit the size, but still not sure about the dead-lift or benchpress numbers. Hopefully all of these boys are in the weight room hitting the weights and preparing for next season.
gotcha2 Wrote:I recall some big bodies on AC's line last season. Not sure about the numbers though. AC's class of 2010 has been the largest (number of players) at AC the last couple of years. There should be about 15 returning as Juniors next season. Some of those boys started as Freshmen and will continue to be big contributors for AC. Based on the 286 weight- I'd say you could eliminate ChrisStumbo, Cory Conn, Justin Jackson and both Crowders from the list. Fields, Salisbury or Thornsbury might fit the size, but still not sure about the dead-lift or benchpress numbers. Hopefully all of these boys are in the weight room hitting the weights and preparing for next season.
It is fields that is the 286lb softmore that is deadlifting 425 and benching 200 i would say that Salibury weigh's in the upper 200's as well along with hunter crowder i just wonder if these boys will have a good season as individuals answer me back if you can...and do you think QB Josh Prater will have a good season as well...thank you
WaterMan19 Wrote:It is fields that is the 286lb softmore that is deadlifting 425 and benching 200 i would say that Salibury weigh's in the upper 200's as well along with hunter crowder i just wonder if these boys will have a good season as individuals answer me back if you can...and do you think QB Josh Prater will have a good season as well...thank you

Salisbury's weight might be in the upper 200's. But after watching both Crowder's play basketball all season - I'd say neither one weighs more than 230.
Ivan will kick.

I've heard Thomas Varney can also kick good.
WaterMan19 Wrote:Does anyone know anything more about the kid from AC that dead-lifts 425 and benches 200 and is only a softmore in highschool need i mention the fact he is only 15 years old and sat on the bench as a freshmen
I dont know about him but RUSSELL has a kid that is 11 and is benching 180, he is 5'7" and 175 pounds. He is a beast too. This kid is in the 5th grade. they call him the Shermanator.
Pages: 1 2