Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Democrat or Republican?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wanted to see what a majority of the members on BGR are? Are you a Democrat or Repblican? What influenced you choice? Family, friends, or just the politicians? For me, Alot of my family are reps and alot of them are dems but I just agree more with republican issues.
Independent. Corporate power corruptly influences both parties.
Corporate powers do influence both parties too much, but I'm a Republican.
Republican
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Republican
**** yea TongueirateSho
I do not supprt same sex marriage or any form of abortion, including partial birth so you decide how I am registered.
^^ Independent?
This poll is playing out exactly like I thought it would, if everyone on this site was to vote, I'm sure republicans would far outnumber democrats and independents.
Republican

:letsparty

just following the family. lol
Democrat
Diehard Republican!!!!
Registered Republican. Democrat at heart. Against gay rights and abortion. despise republican catering to big business and corporations, tax breaks for the wealthy. Guess I choose morals over money!
Sportsfan54 Wrote:Registered Republican. Democrat at heart. Against gay rights and abortion. despise republican catering to big business and corporations, tax breaks for the wealthy. Guess I choose morals over money!

Explain to me this, why should wealthy people have to give up all their money in taxes when they're already paying a lot? You're mad that they're getting a break for making hard-earned money? My dad is the most generous person you'll ever meet, if you're a friend to him, he'll go to the end of the earth for you. I guess you're thinking "Big whoop, he's wealthy, he can be generous." My dad's dad was a mailman back when mailman didn't make squat, his family was poor as dirt, he worked hard in high school, got an academic scholarship to college, worked for years not making much, saved money, raised a family, bought into a small company, and got wealthy. He still works his *** off all day but still gives to charity and does charity work and is a great man, so he should be penalized for making money and working his *** off all his life? He shouldn't get any tax breaks?

Yeah, you choose morals over money.
I don't know about anyone else, but when I hear "tax breaks for the wealthy," I tend to think corporations more than individuals, and when I do think individuals, I tend to think those who make BIG money, millions every year, multi millionaires. If one is making that much money, does one need a tax break? The problem with flat tax ideas is that a poor man's fair share impacts at a greater level. When gas goes to $3.00/gallon, a man who makes $30,000 per year feels it much more than one who makes $300,000 per year.
Democrat all the way.
Let's see...we live in Kentucky. All political candidiates will be for: Gun Rights, Anti-abortion and Less taxes. The problem lies with the fact that on a state level all Democrats or Republicans in Eastern Kentucky will be for all of the above mentioned platform issues. When you get to Presidential issues they all tend to seperate from those issues. They go toward who invested in them. Republicans go toward Oil Companies, Democrats go toward their contributors. Both go toward whatever COAL tells them in Eastern Kentucky.
thecavemaster Wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but when I hear "tax breaks for the wealthy," I tend to think corporations more than individuals, and when I do think individuals, I tend to think those who make BIG money, millions every year, multi millionaires. If one is making that much money, does one need a tax break? The problem with flat tax ideas is that a poor man's fair share impacts at a greater level. When gas goes to $3.00/gallon, a man who makes $30,000 per year feels it much more than one who makes $300,000 per year.
:thumpsup:
BFritz Wrote:Explain to me this, why should wealthy people have to give up all their money in taxes when they're already paying a lot? You're mad that they're getting a break for making hard-earned money? My dad is the most generous person you'll ever meet, if you're a friend to him, he'll go to the end of the earth for you. I guess you're thinking "Big whoop, he's wealthy, he can be generous." My dad's dad was a mailman back when mailman didn't make squat, his family was poor as dirt, he worked hard in high school, got an academic scholarship to college, worked for years not making much, saved money, raised a family, bought into a small company, and got wealthy. He still works his *** off all day but still gives to charity and does charity work and is a great man, so he should be penalized for making money and working his *** off all his life? He shouldn't get any tax breaks?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I would like to take a crack at it. I'm not wealthy, but I'm still generous. Are you saying all wealthy people are generous?Rolleyes I'm sure your father has worked hard for his money and you should be proud of him. But to say he (or big companies) should get a tax break is absurd. Before I hurt my back, I can guaranty you I worked just as hard as your dad and I didn't get any tax breaks.Rolleyes There are millions of people in this country that works hard everyday and do not recieve tax breaks. Your idea of it is flawed. Just because you earn more, does not mean you should be able to keep more. I'm not saying the wealthy should pay more, but at the very least pay the same. So to answer the ?, NO, he shouldn't get any tax breaks.
BFritz Wrote:Explain to me this, why should wealthy people have to give up all their money in taxes when they're already paying a lot? You're mad that they're getting a break for making hard-earned money? My dad is the most generous person you'll ever meet, if you're a friend to him, he'll go to the end of the earth for you. I guess you're thinking "Big whoop, he's wealthy, he can be generous." My dad's dad was a mailman back when mailman didn't make squat, his family was poor as dirt, he worked hard in high school, got an academic scholarship to college, worked for years not making much, saved money, raised a family, bought into a small company, and got wealthy. He still works his *** off all day but still gives to charity and does charity work and is a great man, so he should be penalized for making money and working his *** off all his life? He shouldn't get any tax breaks?

Yeah, I did. I've nothing against anyone who works hard and reaps the benefits of that hard work. I've nothing against anyone being rich. What I have a problem with is a system that gives the breaks to the Wealthiest 1%. If your dad fits into that catagory i'm happy for him and you too. But I agree with the CM on this one the corporations, CEO's , and corporate level executives are the one's really getting the breaks. I know one or two of them. People like me have to fight tooth and nail just to have a decent retirement plan to sustain me in my old days while the corporation I work for waste more money than it world take to sustain me for another 30 years in three months. When my CEO screws up and gets fired, whether its legal or not, he'll leave with millions in retirement incentives and bonus'. It's the laws and loopholes of a republican party system that have lead to most of this, although the democrats are about as much to blame. When I said i choose morals over money I simply meant that in choosing the lesser of what I consider two evils, I chose to register republican because I felt that it was less moral to support gay rights and abortion than the things i have just explained to you. I wish you and your father much success.

A question to you if I may. It is awesome that your dad gives to charites, but how much of that does he claim on his taxes or uses as a write off?
Crossbones Wrote:A question to you if I may. It is awesome that your dad gives to charites, but how much of that does he claim on his taxes or uses as a write off?

You're trying to say my dad does this to get a tax wright-off.............. I don't know whether to be ****ed or just to laugh at you. What kind of write-off does he get for volunteering at places like Redwood (a school for the mentally and physically disabled), or for helping my friend's dad open a tanning salon when he went bankrupt?

I don't know about donations to charities, he might write some of it off, but there's limits to how much you can write-off, I took tax classes, I'm positive on that. So, that's obviously not why he does it

Please tell me.
BFritz Wrote:You're trying to say my dad does this to get a tax wright-off.............. I don't know whether to be ****ed or just to laugh at you. What kind of write-off does he get for volunteering at places like Redwood (a school for the mentally and physically disabled), or for helping my friend's dad open a tanning salon when he went bankrupt?

I don't know about donations to charities, he might write some of it off, but there's limits to how much you can write-off, I took tax classes, I'm positive on that. So, that's obviously not why he does it

Please tell me.
No, I'm not saying he does it just for a write off. But I am saying it is one of the reasons. I write things off on my taxes every chance I get. And for what write offs he could receive, you would be surprised. It is just good business. I meant no disrespect to you or your dad, But if you think your dad does not write it off, then you are being naive. And when he helped your friend's dad open that tanning salon, he could write that off as being as business investment and not have to pay taxes on that investment. Again, I'm sure your dad is a great man, I have no doubt. But he is a business man. To still answer the question of should he get a tax break, NO, he should not.
BFrizts, I would like for you to understand that what I am stating is just my opinion on a political board. I mean no disrespect to you whatso ever. This is just a discussion between us and I would hope there would be no ill fillings. I was just wanting to make that clear.
The limits to how much you can write-off is limited to a percentage of what you donate- it makes no difference to my dad, trust me, and that still does not explain why he does stuff like volunteer to be on boards at places like Redwood.
Im a registered democrat, but neither party is really worth voting for, both are corrupt.

I agree with the republican stance on gay marriage, and abortion, but thats about it.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Let's see...we live in Kentucky. All political candidiates will be for: Gun Rights, Anti-abortion and Less taxes. The problem lies with the fact that on a state level all Democrats or Republicans in Eastern Kentucky will be for all of the above mentioned platform issues. When you get to Presidential issues they all tend to seperate from those issues. They go toward who invested in them. Republicans go toward Oil Companies, Democrats go toward their contributors. Both go toward whatever COAL tells them in Eastern Kentucky.

Yes they do, and it drives me absolutely crazy. I despise the major form of mining used here MTR, and I despise how coal companies treat the people and land of this region. But politicians love the money that these companies give them, so my opinion really doesn't matter.
Democrat

Pro-Choice
Can care less who marries who (appx. 60% of marriages end in divorce anyway)
Believe in the death penalty
Less tax breaks for the rich

But in the end I vote for the candidate not the party.
Republican
Registered Democrat, mainly because so many of the local races around here are decided in the May primaries when no GOP candidate is running.

However, my true beliefs are split between the two, maybe slightly more toward the Republican side, and I tend to vote maybe 55-45 Republican in general elections.

As someone else on here had mentioned, I am also a FIRM believer in voting for the candidate and not the party. Whatever party they represent doesn't matter, I just care about their individual positions. I think being able to vote a straight party ticket in the voting booth is a terrible idea.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Im a registered democrat, but neither party is really worth voting for, both are corrupt.

I agree with the republican stance on gay marriage, and abortion, but thats about it.

Everything is corrupt these days...I guess we just have to deal with it.
Pages: 1 2