Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cult Classics and why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love them.
Movies, series, not all but generally I seem to be drwn to them.

But what is it that really makes them this way.
Why has RHPS made so much money.
Or Billy Jack the biggest money making independent film ever made.

Twin peaks

So am i the only person on this site that enjoys them?
The Billy Jacks made so much money because they are awesome. And I enjoy them.
Lol Billy Jack was awesome.. usually these movies are better because it isn't mainstream crap. They are usually different somehow, whereas mainstream movies all have the same plot. You can almost always predict what's goin to happen on the so called blockbuster hits. Where as cult movies or B rated movies leave you thinking like wtf..
some of my favs are the warriors, teenage mutant ninja turtles, pee wees big adventure.
cult classics.... slc punk, party monster, etc. rock out hard! hehehe Big Grin
everyone should watch those two movies if they have not already. party monster is definetly the better of the two. slc punk is about a punk kid growing up in salt lake city, utah and his parents have lots of money i guess but he is punk and so is his friends and stuff. a lot of redneck people come there and beat them up at parties. it is a really good movie though. party monster is soooo awesome!!!!!!!!
the biggest cult classic that comes to my mind is Rocky Horror Picture Show..... i mean people still get dressed up and go watch that movie.
i guess they feel they are part of it i dunno.
VV i totally forgot about that one when i was thinking. i agree, that movie is still a huge hit. probably the BIGGEST cult classic of allll time. i still watch the movie on occassions and you still see clips on tv sometimes of the people still dressing up and going to watch the movie. in some places the people actually stand near the screen and say the lines of the people that they are dressed up as. that would be pretty funny to see in my opinion. are you going to go out vega and dress up in your nice S and M leather and say some lines anytime soon? haha
nah i dont think i will partake in that.... would like to see it in person though
ahhhh darn lol

yea me too. i think that it would be neat. let me know if you ever hear of a showing of it happening as like a special around here or something. who knows? some place in lexington might show it on halloween or something. i will definetly let you know if i hear something though. it is not likely but you could always hope.
I turned off the Rocky Horror Picture show, it was pure garbage.
i think that the whole concept of the movie is funny but it is not something to easily sit down and watch the whole thing.
It comes on at the Kentucky Theatre in Lexington pretty often.
4leaf do you know if the audience does any kind of participation with it? such as dressing up or acting any of it out?
Yea I heard they do, Ive never been.
well i want to go with VV so he can dress up and run around in drag saying his lines Tongue