Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jeffersontown - 75 Shelby Valley - 70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final
Sounds like a good one. I was hoping Valley would come away with the win but they still done good. Congrats J-town.
Elisha Justice, Logan, and Jacob Bryant were named to the all tournament team. Shelby Valley went 10-21 from the free throw line. SV led 21-11 after the first quarter and led most of the game...
Congrats to J-Town.
Good job Valley on your trip.
Tough break for Shelby Valley. I was really hoping that they would pull out this one... Congrats Jeffersontown!
Still pretty amazing. Great showing by the wildcats. Lossing to a top 5 team on their own court is not something to hang your head about. If they could play on a neutral court I would even say that Valley would win.
I dont think Taylor Newsome played this game due to knee injury.
Good job Valley, most people didn't see you staying in this game, way to represent EKY!
Congrats J-Town.
Very close game. Valley jumped up by as much as 10 in the first quarter. Jtown pressed most of the game but Shelby Valley easily broke the press. The refs were consistently inconsistent on both ends.

Taylor Newsome was fouled hard going in for a layup late in the game and landed extremely hard on one of his knees. He left the game and did not return. His status is unclear at this time. He sat behind the bench with ice on his knee for the rest of the game.

Shelby Valley fought hard on each possession. Jtown ran the court every chance they had. And Jtown has some of the better atheletes I have seen in a while.

Shelby Valley really made a name for eastern Kentucky and themselves tonight. This was no fluke. Shelby Valley played within two of Jtown during summer ball and did not have their football players playing. Not for sure of Jtown's current ranking but they were preseason #5 in the state.
Jtown is easily a top 5 team in the state and a very serious contender at making a run at a state title. They are currently 11-0.

Mike Fields had them ranked #5 in his top 10 on Friday.
http://fieldsnotes.wordpress.com/

And they are likely to win or be runner up out of the 7th Region.

Shelby Valley is good, and now that they played with Jtown on their home floor and have beaten two very good Louisville teams people down state will begin to notice EKY basketball a little more. Nothing to hang their heads about with a loss to this team. Good luck in New York this upcoming week. There are some tough teams there as well.
Sounds like another good game for Valley. They just fell a little short. It will help them in the long run though. I personally dont see anything wrong with a loss as long as the players are playing hard. All you need to do now is get a days rest, take off to the big apple and play like hillbillies against those city folk some more.
This is great...now you have to look at Valley as a team that could make a run in the Sweet 16. I never want to hear about Paintsville, Pikeville or JBS being better than Valley this year...they are cleary inferior.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Sounds like another good game for Valley. They just fell a little short. It will help them in the long run though. I personally dont see anything wrong with a loss as long as the players are playing hard. All you need to do now is get a days rest, take off to the big apple and play like hillbillies against those city folk some more.

lol you guys think that anyone that talks a little bit more proper or a town that bigger are "city folk". I hate to bust ya bubble, but alot of the people in NY are just as hick as you guys. Theres people out west that are 10x more hickish than you guys back east are. Open your eyes a little bit...lol
i was hoping the wildcats would win this one but they had a great tourny congrats jtown on the win
too bad valley didnt win this one but good luck during the rest of your games!!!
vundy33 Wrote:This is great...now you have to look at Valley as a team that could make a run in the Sweet 16. I never want to hear about Paintsville, Pikeville or JBS being better than Valley this year...they are cleary inferior.

First person I have seen sto state that. I completely agree. Pikeville with no Harmon is a completely different team and JBS just has not played the same competetion. Go Valley bring home that state All A title and you or Paintsville make that run in the sweet sixteen.
Great job Valley. You have impressed me with your play early on this season against strong competition.

Just my opinion, but I do think that Paintsville and JBS are dangerous teams who can play with anyone on a given night. I haven't seen either team this year, but I have seen them enough in the past to know that they can score with anyone in the state (well, maybe with the exception of Elliott County). I am a huge Valley supporter, but I think a game between Valley and either of them would be a toss up, depending on if both teams came to play on that particular night. Pikeville, on the other hand, isn't nearly as strong as these 3 in my opinion, but I do think that they could possibly beat any of the 3. I do think a couple of Pikeville's games with Valley will be close.
Good game SV, great effore, good win JC.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Great job Valley. You have impressed me with your play early on this season against strong competition.

Just my opinion, but I do think that Paintsville and JBS are dangerous teams who can play with anyone on a given night. I haven't seen either team this year, but I have seen them enough in the past to know that they can score with anyone in the state (well, maybe with the exception of Elliott County). I am a huge Valley supporter, but I think a game between Valley and either of them would be a toss up, depending on if both teams came to play on that particular night. Pikeville, on the other hand, isn't nearly as strong as these 3 in my opinion, but I do think that they could possibly beat any of the 3. I do think a couple of Pikeville's games with Valley will be close.

I just think that the loss of Harmon has crippled their chances to do anything big this year. I did have them right up there atop the 15th region far and beyond the rest of the pack but now seeing how Paintsville and Valley have played, they are distancing theirself away from the upper two. Granted you are right that on any given night anyone of these teams can be upset.
Congrats Jefferstown....
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I just think that the loss of Harmon has crippled their chances to do anything big this year. I did have them right up there atop the 15th region far and beyond the rest of the pack but now seeing how Paintsville and Valley have played, they are distancing theirself away from the upper two. Granted you are right that on any given night anyone of these teams can be upset.

I agree with you as well. I think losing Harmon has eliminated any chance Pikeville had of competing with the best teams in the state. However, I do think a game or two with Valley may be very close because of the rivalry and the style of play that usually takes over games between these two schools. I definitely think Valley, JBS, and Paintsville are a head above Pikeville in terms of ability.
Anyone have stats?
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I agree with you as well. I think losing Harmon has eliminated any chance Pikeville had of competing with the best teams in the state. However, I do think a game or two with Valley may be very close because of the rivalry and the style of play that usually takes over games between these two schools. I definitely think Valley, JBS, and Paintsville are a head above Pikeville in terms of ability.

I don't think Pikeville could compete with the best teams in the state if they had DH...
vundy33 Wrote:lol you guys think that anyone that talks a little bit more proper or a town that bigger are "city folk". I hate to bust ya bubble, but alot of the people in NY are just as hick as you guys. Theres people out west that are 10x more hickish than you guys back east are. Open your eyes a little bit...lol
Did he say anything about being a hick or talking proper?, other than you calling us hicks noone did . He was meerly saying to go to NY and play hard the way that all mountain teams do . OPEN YOUR EYES !!!!!
I would love to see a JBS/Valley matchup! Valley plays so well together and to lose by 5 at J-Town in a game that sounds like they should have won speaks volumes about how talented this team. Best of Luck Valley!
Congrats J-town.
Congrats J-Town. Good game Valley
Congrats to both teams. For SV to lose a tough game at J-town in their own tournament in the championship game speaks volumes around the state. I know it's not a "W" but I think they woke a lot of people up. Great job SV and very impressive. Good luck the rest of the season.
vundy33 Wrote:lol you guys think that anyone that talks a little bit more proper or a town that bigger are "city folk". I hate to bust ya bubble, but alot of the people in NY are just as hick as you guys. Theres people out west that are 10x more hickish than you guys back east are. Open your eyes a little bit...lol
Read a paper from anywhere in the country, watch tv shows, movies, ect. Eastern Kentucky is the hillbilly hick people. Not the ones out West, in New York or anywhere else in the world. We are the Hicks. The media portrays us to be that way. I bet when Shelby Valley goes to NYC, they will be amazed that they are wearing leather shoes like the city folk.
Pages: 1 2 3