Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cleveland Browns Playoff Scenario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Browns' loss in Cincinnati combined with the Titans' win over the Jets means this for their playoff chances...

**The Browns and Titans are both 9-6 heading into the season's final week.

**The Titans play at Indianapolis in a game that means nothing to the Colts, who have clinched a first-round bye. If the Colts win, the Browns are in. If the Titans win, the Browns are out. Here's why...

**The Titans are 6-5 in AFC play; the Browns are 7-5. If the Titans win next week and finish 7-5, it goes to the third tiebreaker, common opponents, and the Titans win that based on the Browns' losses to Oakland and Cincinnati. The Titans lost to Cincinnati but beat Oakland, the Jets and Houston twice.

**The only way the Browns' result next week against San Francisco means anything in regards to the playoff race is if the Titans and Colts would tie. In that case, the Browns would be in with a win.

**Assuming the Titans and Colts don't tie, here's what lies ahead for the Browns: A win, and they're 10-6 and looking at the tiebreakers. A loss, and they'd still be in if Tennessee loses at Indy based on their 7-5 conference record.

**If the Browns do get in, they'll be the sixth seed and play at Pittsburgh or San Diego.
Well, IMO, the Colts playing for nothing are still a better football team than the Titans, and will beat them outright....The Browns will beat SF next week and get in....if they dont, it would be a shame, I'd like to see the Browns in the playoffs..
Not trying to dash any hopes here, but I'm not sure the Colts second string can beat a team playing for its playoff life. Tony Dungy is a coach known to rest his starters in games like this. He often treats it as a pre season game. We shall see come Sunday. I'm sure it will come down to that game though as I don't see the Browns having any trouble with the niners.
Hopefully Manning and Co. will play atleast the 1st half...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, IMO, the Colts playing for nothing are still a better football team than the Titans, and will beat them outright....The Browns will beat SF next week and get in....if they dont, it would be a shame, I'd like to see the Browns in the playoffs..

how are the colts playing for nothing a better team last time they played the colts only beat them by 2 points???????GO TITANS
Go Browns!!! On The Way To The Superbowl Baby!!!
I would love to see the Browns in the playoffs but Ive been a Titan fan all my life and I hope we can get back into the playoffs 2mar, like someone said above Colts just beat the Titans by 2 the first time with Manning so hopefully we can beat them if they dont play the starters.

GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:
I would love to see both the Browns and the Titans in it...but since thats not possible I'm rooting for my team. GO BROWNS!!
vundy33 Wrote:I would love to see both the Browns and the Titans in it...but since thats not possible I'm rooting for my team. GO BROWNS!!
Here is their scenario now Vundy! Get ready for training camp!! Gook luck next year with tjhe great Derek Anderson...LOL!! GO STEELERS!!!
bball fan Wrote:Here is their scenario now Vundy! Get ready for training camp!! Gook luck next year with tjhe great Derek Anderson...LOL!! GO STEELERS!!!

We definetly need to get a QB...its weird how the Browns get so close to th playoffs with hardly any skill and the Bengals have some of the best players in the league and they cant make the playoffs.