Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mike Jackson Will Be The Next Head Coach At Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got news of this from a very reliable source. The official announcement will be made in a press conference tomorrow at 2:00 pm at the school. Coach Jackson is originally from Corbin, and is leaving his position as Head Coach at 4A Oldham County High School near Louisville. This sounds like a great choice for the Panthers, great things will be expected in the future.
Good pickup for the Panthers. I read it somewhere else, too, and was surprised a bit.

Congrats, Coach J and Pikeville High School.
Congrats Panthers on getting a good coach. Hopefully, they will be able to make it to a state championship next year with their new coach. They have the talent to .
I knew that they would hire someone outside of the system. I think this sends a strong message that Pikeville is no longer happy with just district and regional titles. Coach Jackson is a great coach. With all the talent they have coming up and with a great coach like Mike Jackson it is going to be hard for any class A team in Region 4 to beat my Panthers. Good hire Keno....now don't piss him off and run him out of town like you did Coach Chapman.
PHSFAN Wrote:I knew that they would hire someone outside of the system. I think this sends a strong message that Pikeville is no longer happy with just district and regional titles. Coach Jackson is a great coach. With all the talent they have coming up and with a great coach like Mike Jackson it is going to be hard for any class A team in Region 4 to beat my Panthers. Good hire Keno....now don't him off and run him out of town like you did Coach Chapman.
Whether you like Keno or not, Chapman ran himself out of town not Keno.
Farva Wrote:Just got news of this from a very reliable source. The official announcement will be made in a press conference tomorrow at 2:00 pm at the school. Coach Jackson is originally from Corbin, and is leaving his position as Head Coach at 4A Oldham County High School near Louisville. This sounds like a great choice for the Panthers, great things will be expected in the future.
Actually Oldham Co used to be 4A, they are AAA now.
From what I read and researched, this is a great hire for Pikeville. Does anyone know what kind of offense and defense he runs??
What is so pleasantly wonderful about this guy ? 6-4 last season .1st round playoff loser to a less than brutal East Jessamine team.
spxdad Wrote:
Farva Wrote:Just got news of this from a very reliable source. The official announcement will be made in a press conference tomorrow at 2:00 pm at the school. Coach Jackson is originally from Corbin, and is leaving his position as Head Coach at 4A Oldham County High School near Louisville. This sounds like a great choice for the Panthers, great things will be expected in the future.
Actually Oldham Co used to be 4A, they are AAA now.

True, and they are returning to 4A for 2005.
I thought the confrence is at 1:30. Are the football players invited
actually the think that is good about him is that his team did go 6-4 and a first round lost but the team he coach hadent been to the playoffs in forver they were compared to jenkins like team and he went there and turned that around give him and good team that wins regional titles every year and he cna turn that into a state championship every year
spxdad Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:I knew that they would hire someone outside of the system. I think this sends a strong message that Pikeville is no longer happy with just district and regional titles. Coach Jackson is a great coach. With all the talent they have coming up and with a great coach like Mike Jackson it is going to be hard for any class A team in Region 4 to beat my Panthers. Good hire Keno....now don't him off and run him out of town like you did Coach Chapman.
Whether you like Keno or not, Chapman ran himself out of town not Keno.

I guess we both have our opinions on that but since I was on the team I will stand by my opinion. I personally like Keno and play golf with him in Lexington a lot. I believe Coach Chapman was the best coach ever to coach at Pikeville. He may have dug his own grave at Pikeville but Keno made sure that he left the school. Both of them have huge egos and they just clashed.
It was a great press conference.....Coach J will be working the players butts off....you can count on that!
I was a bit surprised by the hire, i kinda felt it would be someone closer to around here, but he played at Corbin, i beleive, so hes familiar with the area... he seems like a great guy and is a true workaholic, a serious competitor, and appears to know his football... he also is very interested in getting to know his players, and wanting to reach out to the community and bring home a winner. Good Luck Coach Jackson
Beef Wrote:It was a great press conference.....Coach J will be working the players butts off....you can count on that!

Ill second that one Beef...the man clearly knows his football and he will take Pikeville back to a state championship game sooner or later.... he seems to have a great attitude coming in adn im sure his work eithics will be great for the team...congrats Pikeville on getting a good coach into a rich tradition...now work hard this off season to bring home the big one
Coach J.....Here is the low down from an outsider looking in. Or from a guy who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Beat Belfy once in four years, then you have a job for six years. Beat Belfry two years in a row without a State Tirle, then the pressure is on. If you take Pikeville to the promise land any time soon, Congratulations and all accolades are deserved (not that I think they aren't).

All jokes aside......The community is critical and the pressure to win is as well. I hope you do well, because Pikeville is the type of program that schools around the county measure up to. As your team goes, so does the county. Good luck and I look forward to meeting you.

BTW.....I was halfway joking about the first part. Big Grin
Coach Jackson seems like a very good person and a really hard working man when it comes to football. He runs a Wing T and i think a 4-3 defense
Coach J said he changes according to the personel that he has...and not one type of offense.....he has ran a lot of different forms.
Does anybody know if salyer and the rest of the 2004 football admin plan on sticking around...I have my own thoughts and sources....Just wondering if anybody else has heard anything?
Coach Jackson said that he wanted to keep some of the current staff as well as bring in a couple of people that he has worked with in the past....so I'm not sure who stays and who goes.
Ive heard rumors of different coaches either leaving or coaching somewhere else and still teaching at Pikeville. But I wont throw names out there because I dont know for sure yet.
Yeah...dont see many wanting to lose the Pikeville Pay
I am sure Priode will stay and probably Wheeler too but i am not sure about the others...
Out of last year's coaching staff.....MY prediction

Mac...gone (easy :lol: )
Priode...Stay
Salyers...Probably stay (depends on position offered)
Howell...don't know about this man...he could leave.

Don't think that I forgot any of the teachers
well salyers does offense and coach jackson has his own offense so unless salyer goes to qb coach only then i dont know if he will stay...and as for howell, i think he may leave
There is no Telling right now hopefully Salyer will stay on board with the Panthers to keep the coaching staff at its top notch.
Howell: up in northern KY
Salyer: Pikeville High, or Pikeville college
Priode: Pikeville baby
Wheeler: Retired, or at pikeville...one or the other