Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Central 54 Pigeon Forge, TN 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Knott Central will play in the finals tomorrow agasint Meade Co in the Smokey Mt Classic in Gatlinburg
Any stats?
Congrats KC.
Congrats KCC
Congrats Pats!
Congrats Pats
Good job KCC. Way to represent the 14th!
Good Luck Patriots bring that championship back to knott county
What makes no sense to me what so ever is why they went and played in this tournament when they could have played in one around here with better competition? But congrats on the win...
globetrotter12 Wrote:What makes no sense to me what so ever is why they went and played in this tournament when they could have played in one around here with better competition? But congrats on the win...

This is one of the dumbest quotes I have ever read on here. So lets tell Hazard not to go to Vegas, or Shleby Valley it was stupid to go to NEw York. What about the Maui Inventational, or the great Alaskan Shootout for colleges, why are they wasting their time and money when you could get games close to home? You ever think about taking the kids somewhere they have never been? Giving them some new expierences they maybe some kids on the team might not have enough money to do things like that? Not just all about playing games and basketball, guess all the other KY teams were stupid too, I'd say the players are glad they dont have a coach that thinks backwards like you.
Quarterback7 Wrote:This is one of the dumbest quotes I have ever read on here. So lets tell Hazard not to go to Vegas, or Shleby Valley it was stupid to go to NEw York. What about the Maui Inventational, or the great Alaskan Shootout for colleges, why are they wasting their time and money when you could get games close to home? You ever think about taking the kids somewhere they have never been? Giving them some new expierences they maybe some kids on the team might not have enough money to do things like that? Not just all about playing games and basketball, guess all the other KY teams were stupid too, I'd say the players are glad they dont have a coach that thinks backwards like you.
No offense sir, but if kcc can get 2nd in that tournament then well it is a pretty weak tournament and a waste of money taking them down there, it probably didnt help them that much by playing weak teams. Look at Cordia in the jenny wiley invitational they played a lot better teams than kcc and i think that this tournament helped them a lot more..
globetrotter12 Wrote:No offense sir, but if kcc can get 2nd in that tournament then well it is a pretty weak tournament and a waste of money taking them down there, it probably didnt help them that much by playing weak teams. Look at Cordia in the jenny wiley invitational they played a lot better teams than kcc and i think that this tournament helped them a lot more..
Who cares who went where? That was coach honeycutts choice and maybe it was a good one for them but I hardly think Allen Central, Lawrence, forrest park would be better comp than bullit central, pigeon forest, and meade co, that was coach amburgey's choice, im sure they appriciate you being concerned for their money and I have heard since you made this post all teams that were planning on taking their kids on a trip to play in a nice tournament have canceled since you said it was stupid. Thanks for clearing that up for all the coaches that have taken kids on trips since basketball began. NO MORE OUT OF STATE TRIPS, ITS DUMB!!!!!! WASTE OF MONEY!!!!
Quarterback7 Wrote:Who cares who went where? That was coach honeycutts choice and maybe it was a good one for them but I hardly think Allen Central, Lawrence, forrest park would be better comp than bullit central, pigeon forest, and meade co, that was coach amburgey's choice, im sure they appriciate you being concerned for their money and I have heard since you made this post all teams that were planning on taking their kids on a trip to play in a nice tournament have canceled since you said it was stupid. Thanks for clearing that up for all the coaches that have taken kids on trips since basketball began. NO MORE OUT OF STATE TRIPS, ITS DUMB!!!!!! WASTE OF MONEY!!!!
Let me clear something up with you sir. I wasnt talking about every out of state tournament i was talking about this one..The smokey mountain tournament that kcc was in. I was just saying that if i was wanting to play Ky teams i would not go all the way to Pigeon Forge to do it. There are plenty of good teams around here. But thats their coach if he wants to take them to Australia to play that is nothing to me. But by the looks of their win to loss ratio i guess they needed a few cupcakes in there..

uk96

Sometimes it is good to take kids places like this just for them to get away and even if it doesnt help them to play in weak tourneys as far as basketball goes it is good for teams to bond this way.
uk96 Wrote:Sometimes it is good to take kids places like this just for them to get away and even if it doesnt help them to play in weak tourneys as far as basketball goes it is good for teams to bond this way.

i dont think this was a weak tourney, although it might not be a 5\3rd it is a tough tourney
with teams such as knott central franklin county middlesboro and meade co, iv also heard a highly regarded team from augusta georgia was there... the high school of former duke point guard william avery... so some pretty good teams there