Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Male 67, Pikeville 39
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
anyone know
Pikeville lost by 20 something, Honaker and Adams both fouled out with Matt having 3 or 4.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Pikeville lost by 20 something, Honaker and Adams both fouled out with Matt having 3 or 4.

OUCH.

that just gave Shelby Valley a ocean front view of what they can do to the Panthers. Sad
Not so fast my friend!!!! Pikeville will play Valley tough all year.
jetpilot Wrote:Not so fast my friend!!!! Pikeville will play Valley tough all year.

Try to anyways.

I hope Pikeville just played bad tonight or Male played bad against SV
jetpilot Wrote:Not so fast my friend!!!! Pikeville will play Valley tough all year.
Agreed, different atmosphere that when Valley played them.
I love how Pikeville fans ignore the facts...
Valley just went on the road and beat Desalles, who a lot of people said they wouldn't beat, people said they also wouldn't beat Male but they did, people even thought Pikeville could beat Male, and they lost by like 20. So when are people gonna quit saying Pikeville is gonna beat Valley this year? The facts are the facts.
Pikeville looked like a deer in the headlights.

Score 67 to 39 I think

Spoke to Male personnel and they said they played poorly at Expo and much better tonight. Either way, Pikeville better regroup--if you don't shoot, you can't score. Adams went scoreless -- yes that is 0! Wow! Honaker didn't have many, Clark looked pretty good and Clevenger hit double digits only after the game was in the bag. But Clev did show some tenacity and aggresiveness.

Pikeville plays Trinity tomorrow at 4 I think--another tough test.

Go Panthers.
UKRULES Wrote:Pikeville looked like a deer in the headlights.

Score 67 to 39 I think

Spoke to Male personnel and they said they played poorly at Expo and much better tonight. Either way, Pikeville better regroup--if you don't shoot, you can't score. Adams went scoreless -- yes that is 0! Wow! Honaker didn't have many, Clark looked pretty good and Clevenger hit double digits only after the game was in the bag. But Clev did show some tenacity and aggresiveness.

Go Panthers.

Any team who loses one game and wins the next says they played bad that game and better this night. This is not the first time someone has said this.
You can probably chalk about 10 of those points up to just the location of the game. Playing on the road is enough to rattle any good team, just look at Male last weekend. So all in all it is about what I expected would happen.
I expected Pikeville to stay a little closer than this. I agree that playing that far from home would've affected them, but not to the tune of a 28 point loss.

The Panthers are a better team than this, and I expect coach Williams will somehow use this game to make them better.
I do think Pikeville and Valley will be a pretty good game regardless of this score! Congrats Male..
Congrats Male. work hard Pikeville.
Pikeville is over rated in the wymt top 10 and I dont believe they can play within 10 of Paintsville, Shelby Valley or 4 or 5 more of the top 10 teams in the mountains. They are just not good enough to live up to all of the preseason hype about them. Their big guy has a long way to go to be a solid player, Honaker is a good athlete, but not a real polished basketball player, Clevenger is a solid player and their most consistent, then after that I think they are pretty young. SV and Paintsville are quality veteran teams that play year round against stoudt competition all over and Pikeville has some catching up to do to deal with these teams.
UKRULES Wrote:Pikeville looked like a deer in the headlights.

Score 67 to 39 I think

Go Panthers.

I agree with your statement--"if you don't shoot, you can't score. Adams went scoreless" I'm sure, if things went in this game like they have in the other games that the game plan was to "get the ball to the big man." That will limit the number of shots taken by the rest of the team. As the old saying goes--Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Pikeville has some very good players that are being held back with this straegy. Williams is a good coach but I hope he will take advantage of what he hasand keep working on what needs to be improved upon. Pikeville will suffer some losses (not this one) that could be wins if the entire team is not allowed to play to their potential.
Harlan Man Wrote:Pikeville is over rated in the wymt top 10 and I dont believe they can play within 10 of Paintsville, Shelby Valley or 4 or 5 more of the top 10 teams in the mountains. They are just not good enough to live up to all of the preseason hype about them. Their big guy has a long way to go to be a solid player, Honaker is a good athlete, but not a real polished basketball player, Clevenger is a solid player and their most consistent, then after that I think they are pretty young. SV and Paintsville are quality veteran teams that play year round against stoudt competition all over and Pikeville has some catching up to do to deal with these teams.

You, my friend, evidentally know basketball.

uk96

I never saw this one coming...
Harlan Man Wrote:Pikeville is over rated in the wymt top 10 and I dont believe they can play within 10 of Paintsville, Shelby Valley or 4 or 5 more of the top 10 teams in the mountains. They are just not good enough to live up to all of the preseason hype about them. Their big guy has a long way to go to be a solid player, Honaker is a good athlete, but not a real polished basketball player, Clevenger is a solid player and their most consistent, then after that I think they are pretty young. SV and Paintsville are quality veteran teams that play year round against stoudt competition all over and Pikeville has some catching up to do to deal with these teams.
Good post. I think Pikeville was rated in the Mountain Top 10 based on last years region tourney run. They are not a top ten mountain team at this point. They are no where near SV and Paintsville right now. I do believe they will improve as the season goes along as they usually do.
Good Try PVille
Congrats Male! Didnt expect P-ville to get beat this bad.
Hate to say it but I saw this one coming. I can't understand why Adams doesn't get more looks for Pikeville. I'm not a Pikeville fan & I wasn't at this game, but I saw them play a couple times earlier this year & I thought he would be more of an offensive threat. I know he's get a way to go, but he's every bit of 6'9 or 6'10 & he looked like he could play a little. I don't know why they wouldn't use him more, especially when there's not another player in the 15th that can match up with his size. Honaker is a nice athlete, but I don't think he's an offensive explosion. Clevenger is a nice player, but I don't see him carrying them either. So why not try to get the big kid more looks? Just My Opinion!

IMO, this game has nothing to do with how SV and Pikeville will fair against each other. I think the games will be close when they play. I also think Pikeville is probably the 3rd best team in the 15th at the moment behind Paintsville and SV.
This game just went to show you how a team with speed plays against a much slower team like Pikeville.
This is a disappointing performance for Pikeville...
The King Wrote:This is a disappointing performance for Pikeville...

Definitely didn't help for supporting the thread "Will Pikeville beat Valley this year"
Tough loss for Pikeville.
Stay tough, you got the whole season to prove.
Tough loss for the Panthers, but they should just look at this like a learning experience. Pikeville will continue to get better as the season goes along.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Definitely didn't help for supporting the thread "Will Pikeville beat Valley this year"
Well in the mind of Shelby Valley fans it did. I would like to think that it would be reasonable for a team to not overlook another team, but that is exactly what Valley fans will do and in turn in may affect the players. But I doubt it because I know most of them and they are very down to earth and know that they have to come out and perform regardless the opponet.
Dev didnt score, but on the other hand, he wasnt allowed to play any at all. He played maybe 4 minutes in the first quarter and was called for 3 fouls. Got back in at the start of the 3rd, played maybe a minute and a half and was called for his 4th. At the start of the 4th, he fouled out with 7:34 left in the game. He got maybe 5 minutes of playing in the whole game.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Dev didnt score, but on the other hand, he wasnt allowed to play any at all. He played maybe 4 minutes in the first quarter and was called for 3 fouls. Got back in at the start of the 3rd, played maybe a minute and a half and was called for his 4th. At the start of the 4th, he fouled out with 7:34 left in the game. He got maybe 5 minutes of playing in the whole game.

I was at the game and the refs had it in for us, maybe pay back for the way the refs called the game in Pikeville. Tim's fifth foul came when Matt fouled a guy who was going up for a shot on one side of the basket and Tim was all the way over on the other side. No where in the vicinity. He called everything he possibly could to get Devon and Tim to foul out, which they succeeded. He called ticky-tacky fouls. Same ref called the Trinity game, called it completely different. More calls were even and he let them play and didn't call fouls when there should have been. I said earlier in a different thread that hometown refs should not call ball games. it's not fair, it's too biased. Pikeville is a young team, mainly sophomores after Tim and Bell and a few more. Devon Burchett got the award for tournament player. He's a sophomore. His first year on varsity. Zach Ramey played varsity some and this is his first year playing since junior high. Also a sophomore. They got some experience, Pikeville knew the teams they were up against when they got in this tournament but they went anyway.
Pages: 1 2