Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 68 South Floyd 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Congrats to the young devils on their second win of the season.
Congrats Devils B Ball team
I thought SF may have had a chance to win this one. Anyway congrats Russell
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I thought SF may have had a chance to win this one. Anyway congrats Russell

It was actually tied going into the 4th quarter 47-47 but Russell pulled away.

Russell will play former Ashland coach Mike Flynn's Bourbon County team tomorrow at 3:45 pm.
Good job by the Red Devils. They will take some lumps this year but they should improve greatly by the end of the season.
What is good news for Russell is that Ferguson (best player) didn't even play due to an ankle injury. Inexperienced kids are being forced to step up.

Hopefully Ferguson will be back very soon.
congrats russell...call me crazy, but i think this game may give SF some confidence.
Congrats Russell..Getting closer Raiders!
Congrats Russell
Sf lch as 10 lead this game the whole way up as much as 10 but akers went down starting the fourth and the young raiders fell apart and Akers could not come back soon enough to pull out the win
meganwillis10 Wrote:Sf lch as 10 lead this game the whole way up as much as 10 but akers went down starting the fourth and the young raiders fell apart and Akers could not come back soon enough to pull out the win

What happened to him?
Any thoughts on when or if Tommy Joe Hall will return for the Raiders.
South Floyd is just plain horrible, they've taken a huge fall the past few years. Team could compete and beat anyone in the region for years and now they can't get a single win. Sad for the program, but maybe it will change in the near future.
thats very true 0-10.
Congrats to russell. Don't quit Raiders!
SF had this game won but Wes Akers went out w/ a busted head they was up 6 and when he went back in they was down 6 and they coulnt get the lead back...but SF never quit they played hard the entire game..i can tell that SF has been improveing slowly and i think that they will come around soon.
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:thats very true 0-10.

they're 0-12 now i think
I dont see SF winning more than 3 or 4 games this year
BballFan25 Wrote:I dont see SF winning more than 3 or 4 games this year

It doesn't look like their schedule isn't going to get any easier. They have games scheduled with JBS and SHelby Vally left to go. As well as district matchups with Pburg (2x), Betsy Layne (2x) and Allen Central (1x). Then Jackson City, Piarist, SHeldon Clark, Phelps, East Ridge, Pike Central and a couple of more.

Good Luck Raiders. Keep your heads in the game and keep working, it will all come in time.
I wonder if Piarist will give them a run for their money
SF beat Piarist in preseason. By quite a margin I might add. Of course, that's not to say Piarist hasn't improved.
Sf beat piarist by 50 or so in the AC panorama...Its's not nice to make fun of a down program...It's life...things are bad, then good, then bad again...Thats juss how it goes...AC had 2 yrs. in the past few yrs. where they won like 2 games one yr. and not so many the next...and now they are doing well...Next year the SF program will begin 2 turn around...
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:SF had this game won but Wes Akers went out w/ a busted head they was up 6 and when he went back in they was down 6 and they coulnt get the lead back...but SF never quit they played hard the entire game..i can tell that SF has been improveing slowly and i think that they will come around soon.
If there was time on the clock nobody had won anything.

Russell was playing without their best player due to an ankle injury. Would it be fair to say that Russell had this game won had he been able to play? Of course not. It would just be making excuses.
FBALL Wrote:If there was time on the clock nobody had won anything.

Russell was playing without their best player due to an ankle injury. Would it be fair to say that Russell had this game won had he been able to play? Of course not. It would just be making excuses.

good point
FBALL Wrote:If there was time on the clock nobody had won anything.

true but Akers was hot and then he went out and he was the floor leader and SF had no 1 to control them on the floor w/ him out. and im not mmaking excuses cause sure Russel could have still came back and won even if Akers hadnt played...ahh who knows :p
Congrats Russell.
Keep your heads up raiders and keep fighting....dont never give up and if you play this way you are bound to get a win sooner or later.