Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 69 South Floyd 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final score from the Derby Classic at Raceland.
It seems like South Floyd is really struggling this year. Congrats to raceland.
As a Raceland fan, I can say that South Floyd is fun to watch. Those boys hustle till the end and none of them are afraid to throw up the shot. # 23 sure shoots some deep ones.
Statmaster Wrote:# 23 sure shoots some deep ones.

Does he make em? Smile
Congrats Raceland on the win. #23 Akers is a good player on a young team. He don't care where he shots from on the court though that is true. His range is anywhere a step across half-court..lol Idk this could be totally crazy to some people but I see SF getting a district win against either Pburg of Bl before the season is over. Yeah they are yet to win a game but their YOUNG and wheather you see it or not their getting better every game. I'm not a SF fan but if all the shooters get hott like Akers, Turner, and some of the other boys (don't know names) but a lot of these boys can shoot well it could be a long night for some team. SF biggest problem is their lack of experience, and size. But as the year goes on experience part will go away and they can match up in district with what size they have and come out with a win. If I'm wrong it wont be the first or last time..But its just what I think.
alfus21 Wrote:Does he make em? Smile

Doesn't look like it. Smile

South Floyd drops to 0-9 for the year. Average loss = 30 points.

Its going to be a LOOOOOOOOONG year... (although cut extremely short in the end. lol)
Congrats Raceland....Keep working hard South Floyd!!
They have a real good shot at beating a young Russell team in this tourney.
alfus21 Wrote:Does he make em? Smile
yes he does i have seen this kid shoot and he can hit from any spot on the floor!!Confusedhh:
rebel nation23 Wrote:yes he does i have seen this kid shoot and he can hit from any spot on the floor!!Confusedhh:

on film?
Akers is a good shooter no doubt about it, but I've seen alot of good shooters in my day. Some of them where alot better than Akers too. 5 or 6 years ago when SF had Tyler Hall (who was arguably the best shooter ever in the 58th) even he didn't shoot from that far out. IMO no one shoots a decent percentage from 25+ feet. That shot is there anytime you want it, every time down the floor. Opposing coaches & teams love to see someone come down and just chunk it. That way they don't have to work on D. It makes it easy for them. Take those type of shoots night in & night out and your team will lose the overwhelming majority of the time. Sure, your going to make a couple now & then, and it will look cool when you do, but in the long run I think its a bad idea for everyone involved. IMO good shooters can become great shooters if they take good shots. Just My Opinion!
Congrats Raceland
I hope it's a good game today between Russell and South Floyd both teams could use the win in a bad way.