Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 69 Jackson City 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prestonsburg advances to the winners bracket to face Lawrence County tomorrow night... Prestonsburg played there best game tonight in-front of the home crowd, Jordan Hall finished with 25 including four 3's. #25 for Jackson City was a real nice player, he scored most of JC points. But Prestonsburg still didn't rebound that well.

Congrats Blackcats!
Wow, Congrats Blackcats!
Good win for the Blackcats who may be picking up some momentum with their 2nd straight win this week. I think this team will be much better as the season goes on and will definitely contend for the 58th district crown. JC was a quality opponent with wins over SF, Owsley Co., & Magoffin Co. to name a few. I look for the Blackcats to win again tomorrow over Harrison Co. and move into the finals of the Jenny Wiley Invit. I don't think they will win it though! I believe either of the two teams (Cordia & Forrest Park, VA) in the other semi-final game are too strong for the blackcats.

If I'm right this wouldn't be a bad week for the blackcats going 3-1 with a conference win on the road.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Good win for the Blackcats who may be picking up some momentum with their 2nd straight win this week. I think this team will be much better as the season goes on and will definitely contend for the 58th district crown. JC was a quality opponent with wins over SF, Owsley Co., & Magoffin Co. to name a few. I look for the Blackcats to win again tomorrow over Harrison Co. and move into the finals of the Jenny Wiley Invit. I don't think they will win it though! I believe either of the two teams (Cordia & Forrest Park, VA) in the other semi-final game are too strong for the blackcats.

If I'm right this wouldn't be a bad week for the blackcats going 3-1 with a conference win on the road.

They play Lawrence County, not Harrison County.
blackcat_student Wrote:They play Lawrence County, not Harrison County.

typo, I knew that, my bad! I get excited some times --- sorry! :o

ol' JYD hasn't been off his leash today!
This was by far P-Burgs best game of the year. They really impressed me and got a good quality win. Hall and Stephens both stepped up and plyed well. Lawrence Co. will be a good game and i cant wait to watch it. HAIL BLACKCATS!!!
Congrats Pburg...
Congrats Pburg! Another great game from Hall.
If this was Prestonsburgs best game of the year then they are not a good basketball team at all. They don't play much defense and they do a HORRIBLE job of blocking out. Seems like the offensive philosophy is jack up the three first chance you get. Jordan Hall may have had 25, but I wouldn't be surprised if he shot it 25 times. I thought he forced the ball way to much. Prestonsburg is athletic enough at every position that they should be able to penetrate and take easier shots or get fouled and shoot free throws. Same old story at Pburg.
Congrats to P-burg on the win.
Congrats Blackcats..
Congrats P-Burg
Congrats P-Burg.
gish Wrote:If this was Prestonsburgs best game of the year then they are not a good basketball team at all. They don't play much defense and they do a HORRIBLE job of blocking out. Seems like the offensive philosophy is jack up the three first chance you get. Jordan Hall may have had 25, but I wouldn't be surprised if he shot it 25 times. I thought he forced the ball way to much. Prestonsburg is athletic enough at every position that they should be able to penetrate and take easier shots or get fouled and shoot free throws. Same old story at Pburg.

I agree.... I've tried to preach that to these players all year, but until the coaches make changes then we're not going to win many games.