Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia 82 Allen Central 72
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good game, Joshtaylor for cordia had 35 points and 17 rebs.Good job Lions!
Great win.
Allen Central didn't play good at all. They never got into any type of rhythm and they couldn't stop Taylor from Cordia and nothing was falling for anyone from AC except for Crum.

Johnny Martin will have his boys ready for tomorrows game against Breathitt County.
Congrats Lions, Very Impressive game from Taylor!
taylor- 35pts 17 reb
noble-15 pts 14 reb
hurt -16 pts 10 reb
combs -7pts 4 reb 3 stls 5 asts
mosley- 7pts 5 stls 3 reb
*imo combs noble and taylor were the players of the game
how many did crum have?
Balanced attack by Cordia helps them to move to 4 & 2 on the year. Taylor is a solid player for the lions. I picked Cordia to win this one and I thought it would be close. Cordia's two loses this year coming at the hands of JBS & Breathitt Co. IMO, I thought Cordia shold have beat Breathitt Co., especially at Cordia, but they had a bad night.

AC moves to 5 & 2 on the year after tonights loss and they will have their hands full with Breathitt Co. tomorrow night.
Crum was the only person for AC hitting shots. Prater nor logan crowder could get anything to fall for them. Rough night for the rebs but i was impressed by Cordia. I didnt know much about them but they really showed me alot. The Taylor kid is a force to be reckoned with. Good win cordia.
Crum had 21pts...thats all i know
Congrats Cordia! The big man for Cordia could not be stopped by AC. The Rebels just didnt come out ready to play in this one.
Congrats Cordia! Not a good game for AC! They come out flat and lifeless to me. I don't think any of them had a great game. Taylor eat them alive. Cordia's coach had them ready for anything that AC could throw at them, so good job on his behalf. Crum didn't shoot well tonight at all IMO he ended the game with 21 pts but some of the shots he took were horrible, he had a few airballs and several missed layouts.The players just seem to be worrying about theirselves and not playing as a team tonight. Kinda like how they played against BL. AC needs to get back to how they know how to play this one of one show boating has to stop for them to be successful. The defense was horrible. The twins couldn't get going tonight because of foul trouble, Turner come in off the bench and played well finishing with 16/18 pts. But over all it was a bad game for the rebels I hope they come out ready to play tomorrow against a good Breathitt Co. team if not its going to be a long game!
Was hoping the alma mater would pull out a victory but it sounds like they didn't play a good game at all. Congrats to Cordia on the win.
Good win Cordia! Congrats!
I agree with you on fire, this individual showboating is not the way to play ball and if that don't change, the rebels will have a long year, I think Coach martin needs to get them under control and quit letting them play individual ball instead of team ball.
Congrats Cordia
rebel yell Wrote:I agree with you on fire, this individual showboating is not the way to play ball and if that don't change, the rebels will have a long year, I think Coach martin needs to get them under control and quit letting them play individual ball instead of team ball.

I completely agree with you. This was the worst display of "team ball" AC has shown all year. Hunter Crowder fouled out in the 4th and Logan Crowder and Clinton Turner both played with 4 fouls during the 4th. I hope the Rebels take a lesson from this one and figure out, it doesn't matter how many points each one has, it's the total points that win the game. You guys are much better players and a much better team than what you showed in this game. Even though AC couldn't get their shots to fall-the selfish play is what beat them in the end.

Come on guys- forget about individual stats and egos. Remember- you win as a team and you LOSE as a team.
The Crowder twins are still young & young players tend to be inconsistant. One night they play great and the next night they will be off. It's just that way with younger players most of the time. I look for the twins to get much better & more consistant as the year goes on. As far as I know, this is their first real experience with varsity basketball. They are still learning. I think they are going to be tough by the end of the year & in years to come. The thing I like most about them is they are physical. They aren't afraid of contact & most young players are.

I think Crum is still adjusting too. I'm sure AC is a world apart from wherever he came from in WVa. He does tend to force the action at times, but he is getting better everytime out. He's probably the best player in the 58th IMO.

I think C. Turner is playing better off the bench for the Rebels too. Depth is something this teams desparately needs. It's hard to press and trap like the Rebels are trying to do while only playing 5 or 6 players.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:The Crowder twins are still young & young players tend to be inconsistant. One night they play great and the next night they will be off. It's just that way with younger players most of the time. I look for the twins to get much better & more consistant as the year goes on. As far as I know, this is their first real experience with varsity basketball. They are still learning. I think they are going to be tough by the end of the year & in years to come. The thing I like most about them is they are physical. They aren't afraid of contact & most young players are.

I think Crum is still adjusting too. I'm sure AC is a world apart from wherever he came from in WVa. He does tend to force the action at times, but he is getting better everytime out. He's probably the best player in the 58th IMO.

I think C. Turner is playing better off the bench for the Rebels too. Depth is something this teams desparately needs. It's hard to press and trap like the Rebels are trying to do while only playing 5 or 6 players.

Nice Post JYD.
Good game on both sides.Congrats Cordia!