Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs Male Thoughts and Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will be a tough test for the Panthers facing a top 25 team in the state will a lot of size and speed. Hopefully the Panthers can hang in there and pull out a win, but I'm going to have to say Male by 12.
Yeah, tough match up, but if Pikeville can go in there and not be intimidated, get Adams a few good touches and apply the pressure, Male better watch out. This Pikeville team plays hard for 32 minutes and they may just catch some teams off guard.

The game tonight could have been a blowout if some easy shots roll in instead of out. Well, maybe 24 is a blowout, but it could have been worse.

GO PANTHERS!!!
UKRULES Wrote:Yeah, tough match up, but if Pikeville can go in there and not be intimidated, get Adams a few good touches and apply the pressure, Male better watch out. This Pikeville team plays hard for 32 minutes and they may just catch some teams off guard.

The game tonight could have been a blowout if some easy shots roll in instead of out. Well, maybe 24 is a blowout, but it could have been worse.

GO PANTHERS!!!
I think it is definately a key to get Adams the ball a lot and work on Heyman and try to get him in foul trouble because he is a beat inside. And Vice Versa Adams needs to stay out of foul trouble. I might let Baker work on Heyman down low while Adams sits to just simply pump fake, pump fake, pump fake and try to draw fouls on him, and if not then at least et a lay up opportunity.
Ashley Hatield couldn't match up at all with #44 for Male, and I think Hatfield has more strength then Adams does, so I think Adams will get pushed around by 44 for Male. Male likes to run, and their PG is VERY fast, this made the Valley match up a very good game, but Valley was able to exploit Pikeville last year with the guard play, so by seeing how Valley and Pikeville play each other and how Valley played Male, I see that Male wins this game by ~15.
Male by about 15+.....good luck pikeville...
PC_You_Know Wrote:Ashley Hatield couldn't match up at all with #44 for Male, and I think Hatfield has more strength then Adams does, so I think Adams will get pushed around by 44 for Male. Male likes to run, and their PG is VERY fast, this made the Valley match up a very good game, but Valley was able to exploit Pikeville last year with the guard play, so by seeing how Valley and Pikeville play each other and how Valley played Male, I see that Male wins this game by ~15.
That's a pretty accurate statement but another that Male did not do well was block out on the defensive end, that allowed Bacon to sneek in 20 points, I think Baker and Honaker need to crash the boards like crazy to try to get some offensive rebounds and put backs!
Panther Thunder Wrote:That's a pretty accurate statement but another that Male did not do well was block out on the defensive end, that allowed Bacon to sneek in 20 points, I think Baker and Honaker need to crash the boards like crazy to try to get some offensive rebounds and put backs!

Honaker will be a key to this game, a much bigger factor than Clevinger or Adams will be, if he gets a good game then Pikeville can win, but he has to have a REALLY good game, and Pikeville cannot turn the ball over much this game.
WOW I did not know about this game. Now it is at Western Hills. Where exactly is that? Either way, I think the key to beating Male is to play extremely tight D. It seemed like their speed went for nothing after Valley started pressing.
Male by 10-15.
IMO Pikeville would have to play extremely well to beat Male. I know SV beat them a week ago, but Male traveled across the state & that game was in Pikeville. I think it makes a difference with young kids. When Male plays Pikeville it will be a little closer to home and lets not forget Pikeville is not SV. I hope the Panthers pull it off, but I don't think it will happen. I'm going to say Male by 10 -15. Hope I'm wrong!
Im going to say Male by 15 or more but it would be nice to see Pikeville beat them. Good luck Panthers!
Male by about 20.
Well I guess we will see how good Pikeville is...
I think Male wins by 20.
70-50
They outrebounded SV 37-19 no way Pikeville hangs around on the glass with this team.
I gotta say Male by 20.
If Pikeville will come to play they might have a chance but they dont need to turn the ball over like they have in the past couple games. Im going to have to say Male 10+. Good Luck Panthers!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:WOW I did not know about this game. Now it is at Western Hills. Where exactly is that? Either way, I think the key to beating Male is to play extremely tight D. It seemed like their speed went for nothing after Valley started pressing.
Male by 10-15.

Western Hills is in Franfort, Ky. The outside of the school is nice but there is old wooden bleachers in the auditorium.:howdy: :howdy:
No way will this be a close game......Male by 20 or more
I hope the panthers can pull out a tough win, but im going to go with Male by 10 or 20.
Go PANTHERS!
When does the game start?
pikeville may have a chance but doubt it.....good luck though panthers