Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lee County vs. Barbourville - 12/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know much about Barbourville. Anyone? Hoping Lee pulls this out of region game out. But, traveling to other regions can be tricky. Not because of bad officiating, but every region has different ways of calling the game. Different points of emphasis.
Lee by 8 Travel may hurt the Bobcats and Barbourville is well coached by Dinky Phipps. Lee has the better talent though.
I know Lee won last year by 10 or 12. They were up big most of the game. Just not sure what B-ville lost last year as far as talent.
Choogler Wrote:I don't know much about Barbourville. Anyone? Hoping Lee pulls this out of region game out. But, traveling to other regions can be tricky. Not because of bad officiating, but every region has different ways of calling the game. Different points of emphasis.
This doesn't hold true for the 13th, IMO. They are thin in the ranks of 'good' officials, and they have the reputation as the most homer oriented region in the state.
Barbourville won 68-62.
DINKY is a very good coach ,they have a pretty good team . ITS not always bad calls that gets you beat , a lot of times its coaching.
Dissappointed in the Bobcats here. They didn't show up. Played so sloppy and apathetic IMO.
ballcrazy Wrote:DINKY is a very good coach ,they have a pretty good team . ITS not always bad calls that gets you beat , a lot of times its coaching.
I agree about Dinky Phipps. He's one of the best coaches in the 13th region and the state. Harlan County would be wise to give him a call to see if he would coach at the new school. However, I doubt he would accept. He's got it made at B-ville.