Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mitt Romney....Pro-Choice THEN.......Pro-Life NOW...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[YOUTUBE="MITT ROMNEY IN 2002 AND HIS VEIWS ON ABORTION"]P_w9pquznG4[/YOUTUBE]

So back in 2002 when Running For MASS. Govener Mitt Romney was Pro-Chocie......But now since he's Runnig For President He's Pro-Life.....what do you think about this Change......

:mad:
Pesonally i'm pro-Chocie but i think it's very sleazy of him to change his veiws to become president
He didn't change his views just to become president...people's views change over time as they get more educated on things. I used to be pro-choice but after all this talk about abortion the past couple of months I'm pro-life.
Yes people can change and por-choicers should change. And I glad Romney changed.
vundy33 Wrote:He didn't change his views just to become president...people's views change over time as they get more educated on things. I used to be pro-choice but after all this talk about abortion the past couple of months I'm pro-life.

I agree that its ok to change, and many do. but, I just don't think he's a good example of this...

I have a deep distrust for him... time will tell however.
vundy33 Wrote:He didn't change his views just to become president...people's views change over time as they get more educated on things. I used to be pro-choice but after all this talk about abortion the past couple of months I'm pro-life.
yeah....but he flip flops on everything.....and he said he wouldn't change his mind watch the video
RammsteinFan92 Wrote:yeah....but he flip flops on everything.....and he said he wouldn't change his mind watch the video

I don't have one bit of problem with him being pro-life at this point... I think its great. If he acts in a pro-life manner politically once in offer, I could care less if he funding planned parenthood out of his own checking account.
sherman14 Wrote:Yes people can change and por-choicers should change. And I glad Romney changed.
Pro-Chociers shouldn't change cause it's their right to believe what they want to....
ronald_reagan Wrote:I don't have one bit of problem with him being pro-life at this point... I think its great. If he acts in a pro-life manner politically once in offer, I could care less if he funding planned parenthood out of his own checking account.
my point was not that he's pro-life now....it was that he said he wouldn't change his stance because he was running for gov. of Mass. the most Liberal state in the union....i thought it was dirty for him to change his stance just because he's running for pres. you can't tell me that's not why he changed his stance
RammsteinFan92 Wrote:my point was not that he's pro-life now....it was that he said he wouldn't change his stance because he was running for gov. of Mass. the most Liberal state in the union....i thought it was dirty for him to change his stance just because he's running for pres. you can't tell me that's not why he changed his stance
and you cant tell that IS the reason he changed his stance..
You've not going to be governor of Massachussetts if you oppose Roe v. Wade. You're not going to get the Republican nomination if you favor Roe v. Wade (most likely). Thus, it is necessary for one's views to "evolve" over time, based on the target audience. What politician is going to say, "Well, I changed my views because I look in the mirror and see a President." ?
RammsteinFan92 Wrote:Pro-Chociers shouldn't change cause it's their right to believe what they want to....

It's Pro-Choice...Rolleyes
vundy33 Wrote:It's Pro-Choice...Rolleyes
What?
RammsteinFan92 Wrote:What?

You basically said, "pro choice shouldn't be allowed to CHOOSE to not be pro-choice..."

That makes no sense.

in the sense of pro-choice, i believe that we all are. But we're equally either pro-life, or pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice, and my choice is life. :Thumbs:
ronald_reagan Wrote:You basically said, "pro choice shouldn't be allowed to CHOOSE to not be pro-choice..."

That makes no sense.

in the sense of pro-choice, i believe that we all are. But we're equally either pro-life, or pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice, and my choice is life. :Thumbs:
ok....what was trying to say was that nobody nobody should change their views on abortion just because somebody wants them too.....do u understand what i am saying now?......
Any more of this stuff in this thread and the next person will be suspended.

That's enough!