Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Barry Bonds For The Hall? You Tell Me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saw one for Clemens so why not Bonds?
I think he should
I would Vote for YES!
Yes, he deserves to be in the hall of fame. He still had to swing that Louisville Slugger to hit the ball, so IMO he deserves it.
he was a monster before the 2003 season... where he was said to have used steroids
I voted no, but a good point was made that he still had to swing the bat to hit the home runs but he cheated to hit the homeruns. I'll leave you with this, if Bonds does get elected into the hall with all of this steriod controversy surrounding him, then Pete Rose should be elected into the hall of fame IMO.
IF CLEMENS is elected ,so should BONDS and ROSE.
IMO, Bonds should go, not many guys could do that with steroids. He may have to live with guilt if he goes though, but I saw yes.
yes..bonds should be allowed into the hall of fame....because i look at it like this..i could take steriods until i explode and would still never be able to hit the ball like bonds..i think he should be payed for what he done with his bat...because it takes a true athlete and awesome talent to do what bonds has done....no regular guy could pump himself up with roids and hitt the ball like that..so GIVE IT TO HIM! Also...I think Rose should most definitly be allowed into the baseball hall of fame........
I think he should go...he earned it.
Bonds---YES
Rose---YES
Clemens---Yes
phs1986 Wrote:Bonds---YES
Rose---YES
Clemens---Yes
I couldn't agree more.
No
If Bonds goes and Pete doesn't, someone needs to have the **** kicked out of them. Rose gambled on the game, ok, you can say that disrespected it; Bonds took steriods, that was him putting himself on a platform above the game and saying "I'm better than you (the game), to **** with your rules."
great post, and I absolutely agree 110% with you..
BFritz Wrote:If Bonds goes and Pete doesn't, someone needs to have the **** kicked out of them. Rose gambled on the game, ok, you can say that disrespected it; Bonds took steriods, that was him putting himself on a platform above the game and saying "I'm better than you (the game), to **** with your rules."
BFritz Wrote:If Bonds goes and Pete doesn't, someone needs to have the **** kicked out of them. Rose gambled on the game, ok, you can say that disrespected it; Bonds took steriods, that was him putting himself on a platform above the game and saying "I'm better than you (the game), to **** with your rules."

Rose did gamble and I know some think that may be wrong, BUT, HE BET ON HIS TEAM TO WIN EVERY TIME. IMO there is nothing wrong with that. Bonds is another story. IDC if he did still have to swing the bat, Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron never took steriods.
I say yes..He did take steroids, but many players from the 70's and 80's took crack cocaine too along with other drugs who have slid in. Pete Rose not being in the Hall of Fame is the biggest spoof in sports. IF ANYONE DESERVES TO BE IN THE HALL..IT IS PETE! He is baseball and played baseball the way the game was meant to be played! Bonds was great..love him or hate him..in which I hate him doesn't change the way I knew he played the game of baseball. He was great before all of the accusations occured with him and steroids. Bonds is a top 10 player of all time and I 100% think deserves to be on the Hall OF Fame...ALONG WITH PETE! And I 100% agree with Redneck which I am sure comes to no suprise to alot of you on here, lol, but I don't think it is worth keeping a guy who is the most deserving of ANYONE in the hall..well besides Koufax..LOL!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I say yes..He did take steroids, but many players from the 70's and 80's took crack cocaine too along with other drugs who have slid in. Pete Rose not being in the Hall of Fame is the biggest spoof in sports. IF ANYONE DESERVES TO BE IN THE HALL..IT IS PETE! He is baseball and played baseball the way the game was meant to be played! Bonds was great..love him or hate him..in which I hate him doesn't change the way I knew he played the game of baseball. He was great before all of the accusations occured with him and steroids. Bonds is a top 10 player of all time and I 100% think deserves to be on the Hall OF Fame...ALONG WITH PETE! And I 100% agree with Redneck which I am sure comes to no suprise to alot of you on here, lol, but I don't think it is worth keeping a guy who is the most deserving of ANYONE in the hall..well besides Koufax..LOL!

If he did crack cocaine or anything else, then good for him, let him in (I didn't mean it's ok to do drugs, but I'm just saying that it's not ****ing on the game like using steroids is), but steroids are different and are directly related to the game.
He should be in and I've never been a Bonds fan.

Steroids are suppose to make you very fidgety. Bonds was the most selective hitter I've ever seen. Most of his career he had no one hitting in front or behind him, usually only getting one, two maybe three decent pitches a game if that (look at his walks). So if he was on roids they didn't effect him as most people.

Don't know of any steroids that would help someone hit a split finger fastball or other quality pitches.

Love the comments on 80-90's coke heads and their off field antics that played...the many reinstatements they received--Strawberry comes to mind.

Rose for sure!
Noooooooooooooo!
I think he should be. But, to comment on what a few have been saying. NO, Roids will not help you hit a splitfinger, changeup or a curve ball. BUT, IF you already have that ability and take roids. It will sure as heck help you to hit it harder and deeper.
I think the HOF should be for the very best players on the field. Period. Bonds & Clemens were great players who appear to have cheated, but IMO they were good enough for the Hall anyway. And I've got no problem with Pete being in there either, even though he is just as obnoxious & unlikable as Bonds. My rationale is that there are worse excuses for human beings already in the Hall, but they were elected because they were great players. It has always been said that at least one HOFer was one of those responsible for keeping blacks out of baseball for years, a crime I consider much worse than using roids or betting on baseball, either for or against your team.
I don't like him, but until I see proof then yes he should.
yes he should be if he used steriods he is the best steriod player ever because everyone is using them
No way
BASKETBALLFAN01 Wrote:yes he should be if he used steriods he is the best steriod player ever because everyone is using them

I throw the flag on you right now. Who has ever alleged, with any support to the argument, that every player, or even 50%, or even 25%, is using steroids?

No offense, but that's the most ridiculous post I've seen in a while, maybe ever, and it makes me sick for all the players you disrespected.

The reason Rose is not in the Hall is not that he bet on baseball, but that he lied about it for so long.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I say yes..He did take steroids, but many players from the 70's and 80's took crack cocaine too along with other drugs who have slid in. Pete Rose not being in the Hall of Fame is the biggest spoof in sports. IF ANYONE DESERVES TO BE IN THE HALL..IT IS PETE! He is baseball and played baseball the way the game was meant to be played! Bonds was great..love him or hate him..in which I hate him doesn't change the way I knew he played the game of baseball. He was great before all of the accusations occured with him and steroids. Bonds is a top 10 player of all time and I 100% think deserves to be on the Hall OF Fame...ALONG WITH PETE! And I 100% agree with Redneck which I am sure comes to no suprise to alot of you on here, lol, but I don't think it is worth keeping a guy who is the most deserving of ANYONE in the hall..well besides Koufax..LOL!

Crack don't help you hit home runsSmile Smile
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes he should be elected in
Pages: 1 2